Quantcast

Val di Sole finals

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
is this your first WC as a viewer?
yeah, yeah, I know, it's not over till the last 5 riders are in the start hut... but with the titles wrapped up, and with so many top riders freaked out by the track and not really giving it their all, I wasn't expecting much. glad I was wrong. that wound up being a good men's race.

but the women's race... that was awesome!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
if you watched today's broadcast until the end Warner said words to the effect of Redbull will be continuing to cover WC next year

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
if you watched today's broadcast until the end Warner said words to the effect of Redbull will be continuing to cover WC next year
So maybe something alike to what happened with World Champs where RB will be covering it in countries where Disco has no presence? Most probably it will be some extra coverage tho and not what happened for Worlds

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Paging @Avy to the red/white/blue courtesy phone...
I can’t take it,that was too much. The Speed of those boys? I thought I was gonna have a heart attack,No Avy,Benoit,Verg,Dakato,Kolb still Togo. We got it,we got it Avy! Calm down Avy,Breath. Noooo,no,no,no! Fuck All to Hell! Jimeny Crickets,it just was not Gwins day. Fuck I was sooo Happy,for a minute. I would like to thank All of you for you’re concern,further,I would like to remind All that Mabye,just Mabye someone can beat my Gwins 5 wins in one Season Next Year. Word.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
E. Jackson asks Cami about her emotions, she cracks a half smile. Meanwhile Tracy is bawling her eyes out in the comment booth.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
A couple more thoughts. It was terrible for me as the Feed kept stopping and stopping. It took me forever to watch it. Then Gwin out of the Gate and Stop. Same with Benoit and Kolb.

When Dakota came in Over a second on Gwin,I thought that should do it. I was High for such a short time on Gwin’s run. Then Verg,my Lord. All out,full throttle insanity! I have to say it: Those 3 seconds he shoved down my Face was by far more impressive than Bruni’s 2 seconds at Worlds. I know what you gonna say to Avy. It was the Worlds Avy,more pressure. I still think it was more impressive.

I Love the way Benoit rides his Bike. His Long Lanky Body Way off the seat throwing the Bike all over the Place.

Fucking Kolbs Run,Wow. Different Lines,I thought the Bike was going to get ripped out of his hand. Punishing the Shit out of that Frame. What a year for him.

Last,does Miriam wear a DOT Helment? On the podium she could barley hold it. Which tells me it is Heavy like a DOT. For that matter do we know who is wearing a Bike Helment and who is not?

I forgot Henry Kerr the Irish Lad,what a run. Would have loved to see him finish strong,he was up 2 seconds?Have a Lash Laddy!

Avy

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How about Jordan Williams having the fastest time of the day by almost 4 seconds. I didn’t catch most of the race. Was the course that much different earlier?
Matt Walker said that between B practice an his race run the course had completely blown out. Also I bet the rain in the section not filmed made a big difference.

I bet Kerr is kicking himself crashing during quals.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
OK,I’m going to have patience with my question I had in my post. I’m not going to let it go. Time Zones are different so I understand. However,the question need’s an answer.

Question: How many and Who,wear a DOT Helment vs a Bike Helment? Do we know? I Want to know. Thank You for you’re time.

Avy

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
OK,I’m going to have patience with my question I had in my post. I’m not going to let it go. Time Zones are different so I understand. However,the question need’s an answer.

Question: How many and Who,wear a DOT Helment vs a Bike Helment? Do we know? I Want to know. Thank You for you’re time.

Avy
There were guys racing with Enduro certified helmets, such as the Troy Lee Stage

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Ladies' XC - as I always, I have questions about the veracity of some of what we're seeing, especially with the French riders. Trust but verify? If there is doping these days, I bet it's less about blood vector doping, and more about amplifying power-to-weight.

Also, I hope the conversation about eating disorders continues to get more acceptable.

Edit: PFP interview - she could do a few more laps, I think. Totally normal.

Alesandra Keller - overall in short track and XC. Nice!

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
There were guys racing with Enduro certified helmets, such as the Troy Lee Stage
Thanks Slim,so the Stage is DOT then. I have a DOT Troy Lee just for DH. It is Heavy and Hot. I would love to know what All of them are wearing? For a recent example,let’s take Reece? Out for how for long? Was he wearing a DOT? The Guy’s and Girl’s should All be wearing DOT in DH. It drives me Nuts. There are only two reasons why they don’t. Air flow and weight. Mabye we could ask WYN to ask the riders? How many concussion’s are we going to let happen? The difference between the two Helments is Massive. Now I do know some of these Brands like POC do not make a DOT,or Gyro. Am I wrong? So the rider is sponsored by a Helment that he has no choice? Others Like Bell,do make DOT. Greg’s Helment is not DOT,what brand is that?

Bottom line,we are talking 3min 45 sec per run. Going 55 to 65 mph. It is a no Brainer,it should be a Rule! Perhaps Avy should start a campaign.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thanks Slim,so the Stage is DOT then. I have a DOT Troy Lee just for DH. It is Heavy and Hot. I would love to know what All of them are wearing? For a recent example,let’s take Reece? Out for how for long? Was he wearing a DOT? The Guy’s and Girl’s should All be wearing DOT in DH. It drives me Nuts. There are only two reasons why they don’t. Air flow and weight. Mabye we could ask WYN to ask the riders? How many concussion’s are we going to let happen? The difference between the two Helments is Massive. Now I do know some of these Brands like POC do not make a DOT,or Gyro. Am I wrong? So the rider is sponsored by a Helment that he has no choice? Others Like Bell,do make DOT. Greg’s Helment is not DOT,what brand is that?

Bottom line,we are talking 3min 45 sec per run. Going 55 to 65 mph. It is a no Brainer,it should be a Rule! Perhaps Avy should start a campaign.

Avy

DOT just means road legal for motorcycles, not necessarily good.

Also DOT certified.

1662313384383.png

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
DOT certification is also only relevant in the US
Ok guys,I understand that DOT can be a Joke regarding Westy’s point,and to Gary it does not matter if the Law sais you do not need it. What matters is that they have a choice( I think),to wear a Proper Helment. I am talking about a Proper Fucking DOT Helment. Imagine a NASCAR,or F1,or MotorCross,you know what Avy means. Why are you scooting around the simple matter at hand? Do you agree with me? Do you think it is a Hopless matter? What do think can be done with sponsors regarding my question? Etc.

From what I could see on the podium,Miriam’s Helment look’ed Thick with Padding. When she raised her Helment and Flowers Hugging the Girls,she said it was Heavy,and put Her arms down.

Avy