Quantcast

Vermont US National Championships July 18-22

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
There were some 4-6" pieces of re bar sticking out of one of the water bars on the first long straight that they found, the reroute was around them. pretty gnarly.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Does anyone know what happened during Moody's race run? He was absolutely killing it (Qualified 3rd behind Riffle and Strobel), and definately had a shot at the hole shebang from what I witnessed at the ledges.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Does anyone know what happened during Moody's race run? He was absolutely killing it (Qualified 3rd behind Riffle and Strobel), and definately had a shot at the hole shebang from what I witnessed at the ledges.
I heard he crashed HARD. hung out for a few minutes while the last racers went by, then pinned the rest of his run. fun fact: after Riffle came through, everyone thought the race was over and no one was left on the hill, so they all started walking down the trail to the bottom. well, here he comes, pinnin it through while everyone leaped out of the way and small children were snatched off the trail by close by standers. it was awesome!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Good for Chris!

The Missouri contingent of the Herndon fan club is proud of him!

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Sooo, was 40 pros it? I am looking at the results and don't see a single pro from VT. Is that possible?

Great to see the home team represent...

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I heard he crashed HARD. hung out for a few minutes while the last racers went by, then pinned the rest of his run. fun fact: after Riffle came through, everyone thought the race was over and no one was left on the hill, so they all started walking down the trail to the bottom. well, here he comes, pinnin it through while everyone leaped out of the way and small children were snatched off the trail by close by standers. it was awesome!
Yeah, I was there for that. I was just a bit out of the woods and we start hearing people scream "RIDER UP, RIDER UP, RIDER UP", everyone kind of turned around thinking it was some stupid kids joking around, until Moody came screaming out of the woods. People dove like a bomb went off, pretty awesome.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Sooo, was 40 pros it? I am looking at the results and don't see a single pro from VT. Is that possible?

Great to see the home team represent...
Less than 40 pro men raced the DH. It's a bummer that the national championships generate so little excitement nowadays.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Definitely. The two of them were on fire wherever I looked.

Mike, i'm leaving for NC on Wednesday. I'm assuming you're allright for that right?

I crashed after the waterfall too. I tried to take the high to middle line and gap the little step down but got bucked funny and went straight for the woods. I went into the next corner way too inside and did one of the leaned sideways over-the-bars. That section is ****ty with no speed.
Keep an eye out and say Hello. I'm on an 08 Sunday w/ 08 DH40, Butch on my back and all grey No Fear Combat gear. Racing Semi-Pro.

Oh, as an FYI to all in regards to both Sugar's DH and slalom-both are going to be just GREAT!!
1. DH...NO Butch's HUCK! It's just dumb. My bad. But the go round is awesome.
2. Steep chute and hard right into Donovan's Dungeon is now good to go. Me, my buddy Greg, Ryan Taylor and Thomas from ETSU were all picking our bikes up and decided enough. We stacked up rocks and made that bitch of a turn a rock runway. Hardest part is going through the rest of it with so much speed now. We figured a turn that puts Kirkcaldie and Graves in the bushes isn't too fun for the other 99%...

3. Bone dry all day...but after lots of runs from lots of riders...Lizards Lane was ridiculously slick just from our tracks...so tough...but SO DAMN fun. New lines in there too. There is a straight shot across BOTH creeks now...way more speed through both..and the creek gap is about 3 feet wide and easier than ever. New lines everywhere. BIG, NEW sweeper on a bank that you FLY down.

4. The road gap under the lift ate my lunch. Greg was boosting it and I was running the left line..dead even speed side by side..so I tried it. Caught a pedal and dirt farmed.

5. DUAL SLALOM - COOL! Nothing hairy, nothing sketchy...little bit of everything...lots of shaped turns, rollers, a stretch of grass turns in a good way..and then more shaped berms. Chuck was right..around 30-40 seconds. It's long, fast and swoopy. Bring your A game. It will be worth riding for everyone. Think Helen, GA stretched out and amped up.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
HOLY STROMBOLI! LEIF LORENZEN 3RD SEMI PRO!!!!!!! Yea FOOTY!!! (Sorry, don't mean to yell but I'm very excited for the guy after a few years of broken bones and other huge obstacles that stood in the way of pulling a result like this.)

Also huge congratulations to NICK VAN DINE taking 1st place in Semi's.

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
I had a good time up there. Im pissed at myself for my race run but you gotta have bad days to make good ones worth it i guess. The pro/semi-pro slalom racing was super exciting. It was good to see a few upsets in the early rounds. When do you guys think we will start seeing videos articles and pics of the races, specificly the pro dh? I wish i could have seen the racing and the course but i had to leave to catch a flight home.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
crashing in your race run = not legitimate :banghead:

The course was very wet and sloppy throughout all of practice but somehow for Sunday it dried right out. I can say it has been a long time coming. I cant remember a single year that has happened. Almost all of my Mount Snow memories are of practicing in the bone dry then racing in the pouring rain.
Heikki, I did the exact same thing, and by exact, I mean our crashes were identical.

But hey, atleast you didn't take out the tape 20 feet from the finish...

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
That photo of nvd is so wrong. The dude is normally oozing with style, check the shot of him in DIRTs "don't read this" column. Megamadstyle!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
NVD...that's the scrawny little mousy kid from years back that hung with Jay...which incidentally is the BIGGEST news from Vermont.

The fact that he's racing again after a near death experience!!!!!

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
That photo of nvd is so wrong. The dude is normally oozing with style, check the shot of him in DIRTs "don't read this" column. Megamadstyle!
If you had taken the shot, you could have seen the style. It was actually a beautiful thing. He buzzed his shoulder with his front tire on this one and it looked incredible.

Nathan Cloud

Chimp
Jun 27, 2005
Burlington, CT

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
Oh i totaly forgot to ask if anybody got any pics of the amature dh and ds races. I remember getting blinded a few times on my race run so there gotta be pics of me someware