Quantcast

** Viernes GMT **

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. We get to have a small group meeting with a Social Security Administration educator at work today. We've met with her before a few years ago, which was awesome, but I have more questions since then. But yeah, I'm excited to meet with Social Security today.

Otherwise, picking up the kart and getting ready for a track day tomorrow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

japanese baked goods acquired

now working. then picking up demo skis. and maybe leasing a car

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Hauling the last load of my March contracted corn. I loath going to the ethanol plant, usually a 2-3hr long line.

Probably should see if my gravel bike works. Tomorrow is the first of a few try to pedal fast things I signed up for. It supposed to snow tonight in MI where the race is, so this should be neat.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I don't understand people who always have trash in their cars...tissues, napkins, wrappers, paper, cups, etc. When you stop for gas, throw it out. Why is this so difficult? Jesus Christ.
Sounds like my homeless coworker that I didn't know was homeless. He has enough money to get a place but he doesn't. I went to ride with him and when I opened the door I saw something scurry under the seat. I noped the fuck out of that shit and drove myself.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I’m negotiating on buying a bike off Pinkbike from some dude in Asheville. Wondering if one of y’all NC dudes might be willing and able to pick it up from him and ship it to me. I’ll can send ya money for shipping and some extra for your time. I texted @Dirtrider direct, because I believe he’s right there in Asheville already. But if one of you other guys would be willing, let me know. The guy said he would ship it to me, but that it would take a while, and honestly doing a deal in person (even if by proxy) is just a bit more comfortable.

@jstuhlman @AngryMetalsmith @jackalope

EDIT: Totally a big ask, I know, so not a big deal if it would be too much hassle for any of you. Another thing with doing in “in person“ pick up would be that haggling him down on price might be easier if I can get him actual cash via said proxy.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
what are you getting now?
if I can land a net $120/mo-over-24-mo lease (TTL included) on an Ioniq 6 AWD SEL then I think I'll do just that.

there's an east coast only lease deal for $239 down, $239/mo x 24 mo for 12k miles/yr on the Ioniq 6 RWD SE trim. hearing about that is what got me started down this rabbit hole

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ooh, if you fly out to the East Coast to drive a car back… Want to pick up a bike for me in North Carolina?
after my out of state lease paperwork debacle with ye olde Volvo XC40 -- so many cars ago already! :D -- I'm cured of such nonsense. besides, that deal is only $9/mo better than this one I'm angling for, and I couldn't claim/sign over the CO state tax credit up front

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ahhh fucking payroll. Wrote to my payroll at previous company to remind them about something I already have told them about. Then they write back and tell me I am wrong referring to something that has nothing to do with what I just told them. I write back and get a message they are on vacation and will not return before April 2nd - damn fuckers.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
after my out of state lease paperwork debacle with ye olde Volvo XC40 -- so many cars ago already! :D -- I'm cured of such nonsense. besides, that deal is only $9/mo better than this one I'm angling for, and I couldn't claim/sign over the CO state tax credit up front

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I’m negotiating on buying a bike off Pinkbike from some dude in Asheville. Wondering if one of y’all NC dudes might be willing and able to pick it up from him and ship it to me. I’ll can send ya money for shipping and some extra for your time. I texted @Dirtrider direct, because I believe he’s right there in Asheville already. But if one of you other guys would be willing, let me know. The guy said he would ship it to me, but that it would take a while, and honestly doing a deal in person (even if by proxy) is just a bit more comfortable.

@jstuhlman @AngryMetalsmith @jackalope

EDIT: Totally a big ask, I know, so not a big deal if it would be too much hassle for any of you. Another thing with doing in “in person“ pick up would be that haggling him down on price might be easier if I can get him actual cash via said proxy.
That’s gonna be a nope from me. Way too busy.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
hello good morning.

much improved health wise today. only having sneezing fits and coughing fits. slept far better last night.

it was nice to mostly ignore work yesterday. back into the fighting pits for me today.

almost weekend hobby time? maybe? hopefully?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Time to go explore.

Probably those mountains.
View attachment 209360
I flew into Munich last May for a holiday... and I definitely don't remember that view. Though, TBH, I don't remember what Terminal we were in...

How it started…

View attachment 209362

How it’s going…

View attachment 209363

Calmer than you are, dude.
Nah... come on, Dude. 106/70. Way calmer than you, Dude.

I don't understand people who always have trash in their cars...tissues, napkins, wrappers, paper, cups, etc. When you stop for gas, throw it out. Why is this so difficult? Jesus Christ.
Wait until you find out what some people do to their *houses*... :disgust:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Call bike shops in his area and find someone to send it.