Quantcast

VvV - Fried day - VvV

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Today I'm envious of all the people posting in the GMT's who live normal paced non corporate lives not doing 250 different things at the same time.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
about 9 miles of goimg to the sun road is a unpaved shit show which will probably be shut down at the avalanche lake lot since it was snowing/raining/sleeting up at logans pass yesterday....

maybe sneak around to east glacier today...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In office, in my corporate job. I don't let the bossman turn me into a slave, so I am not doing 250 things at once. One thing at a time, done very well and thoroughly. Everyone wins that way. :D

The people that stick around the office until 6pm, 7pm and are here before I am, constantly looking stressed and trying to juggle random things, while not making much progress and often stalling out.......doesn't seem satisfactory to me, but thats just my opinion.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had an amazing dinner last night at my favorite Italian joint with the boy and his family. Lil Man has outgrown his 18" Norco but is reluctant to give it up because it's pretty pimp for a "kids" bike. Redline had the Romp on sale half off, so I just snagged one for X-Mas.

redline-4722-romp-2021-19194-olive-green-web-angle.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Fts is 12 and I've been awake just over an hour. I did figure out why I was having so much trouble getting stuff done yesterday - I ran out of ADHD drugs in my daily drug tray and forgot to refill them. So, I was back to my normal self yesterday.

But on a positive note, it had me running down some rabbit holes to realize that the spare wheels that I had gotten for the kart before are the same offset as the current wheels. So I now have 2 spare sets of wheels - the spares she got as gifts and the take-off's from the FA kart.

dammit, now I want pancakes.
Hannah had sprinkle pancakes with whipped cream for breakfast. Now you can want IHOP.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:wave: work, stuff, bikes, music. Best. Friday. Ever.
would it not be better without the "work" bit?

/me was traffic today. another Highlands Ranch Hospital day--one of the guys usually here has been out with spine issues and is not back I guess? I was traffic on I-25 to Santa Fe today instead of I-225 to C-470 and I guess that was marginally less frustrating?

at least the food in the doctors lounge is ok. croissant breakfast sandwich + oatmeal + cheesy eggs + kid size choco milk box to start my day.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This one dude here is gonna be the death of me. He asked me to create my tasks in our Scrum software for time tracking. When you create a new case, it defaults to "Bug" and is assigned to the primary contact (him in this case). After you create it, you go in and fill it out with the appropriate info and save it.

I had created a new task and was editing it when he went in, changes the assignment to me and saved it. When I tried to save my work, the record had changed and wiped all my changes. He can't grasp the idea that he edited it 2 minutes after I created it and hadn't applied the appropriate changes yet.

I noticed all his tasks were still showing as a bug, so I went in and changed them all to Scheduled Item with a note "Not a bug". :rofl:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
In office, in my corporate job. I don't let the bossman turn me into a slave, so I am not doing 250 things at once. One thing at a time, done very well and thoroughly. Everyone wins that way. :D

The people that stick around the office until 6pm, 7pm and are here before I am, constantly looking stressed and trying to juggle random things, while not making much progress and often stalling out.......doesn't seem satisfactory to me, but thats just my opinion.
Not doing 250 things at once is not a choice when 2 companies are merging and expanding to 3 countries with 3 different teams and offices and there are no workflows set up. Well there is but I kinda like being employed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

are they there late/early doing other peoples shit because a person called out because their pussy was slightly sore....

those people can die in a house fire.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The old city bike needed fresh wheels and tires. The rims were worn through and the tires were literally crumbling. Found some wheels on the local ebay and facebook marketplace. Should be a better ride when done.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
At the ENT to try to figure out my deafness, then over to CarMax to test drive some cars, will I find something I like or solve my deafness? Unlikely on both accounts

I did however spot a new Filipino market, so I guess I’m gunna need to go buy some Ube doughnuts

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
i can just step across all the floating rats
Hindsight being what it is, probably shoulda just kept the kid home from school today, since I can't rely on city agencies and the cop that runs them to make good decisions. Everything is flooded and subways are not running and another band of huge-ass rain is going to hit this afternoon.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Oh shit, that’s right. Recreation.gov will shut down making campground and parking lot reservations impossible.
yep, anything Fed will be closed and locked

I think only the dam side of powell is the national recreation area....meaning you can go up to the other end and deal with a private concessionaire instead of the park service

bullfrog marina...
Unfortunately, the gas pumps and marinas have already closed, been calling around all morning and even they are subject to the rule.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
are they there late/early doing other peoples shit because a person called out because their pussy was slightly sore....

those people can die in a house fire.
I'm not sure, I don't stick around and ask.

Its automotive manufacturing though, so there are always fires lit under someone's ass.

I'd never hold anything against anyone for calling it in on any given day, for any reason. If a team can't handle their absence, then there are other issues at hand.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hindsight being what it is, probably shoulda just kept the kid home from school today, since I can't rely on city agencies and the cop that runs them to make good decisions. Everything is flooded and subways are not running and another band of huge-ass rain is going to hit this afternoon.
1696003327672.png

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
the instagram local weather guy I follow predicted this storm a week ago. WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING