Quantcast

^^^ War what is it good for GTM ^^^

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh, FFS, my portfolio is down 1.34 % today. Big whoop.
It's the 10% in 9m that is his panic. But anyone in a broad aggressive portfolio is. Also, he already had me shift risk levels (against recommendation) more conservative at last trough bottom. So... No recovery from last partial drop. But hey, what do I know? I just do this for a living. It's not like I watch Fox and drive plows. I'd know more if I did that.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Good time to be that way, going to be a pretty flexible market this year it seems.
You guys are older than me and Stoney so perhaps your horizon is different, but for people my age and younger we should just have blinders on and dollar cost average away at an aggressive allocation. Won't get the rebound if you're not in the market.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You guys are older than me and Stoney so perhaps your horizon is different, but for people my age and younger we should just have blinders on and dollar cost average away at an aggressive allocation. Won't get the rebound if you're not in the market.
Pretty much. I LOL at how much my stuff has gone down, but I don't do much about it other than perhaps invest a few more dollars. I've got 30 years for this stuff to recover.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Right there with you. Might sound dumb but at my age I really don’t give a shit. I’m still going to keep investing at the same rate I have been. The two year swing in the grain markets has my full attention however.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Reports of the Russians trying to take Chernobyl, no way that can end poorly.

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks, as much as I hope we stay out of it, I’m also hoping us staying out of it isn’t the classic Neville Chamberlain maneuver.

At least when the nukes start flying I’m near a pretty important naval base so I won’t have to deal with the fallout.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks, as much as I hope we stay out of it, I’m also hoping us staying out of it isn’t the classic Neville Chamberlain maneuver.

At least when the nukes start flying I’m near a pretty important naval base so I won’t have to deal with the fallout.
///funny/notfunny////

gonefirefightin

free wieners

Our defense system is way more robust than that, no need to worry.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Right there with you. Might sound dumb but at my age I really don’t give a shit. I’m still going to keep investing at the same rate I have been. The two year swing in the grain markets has my full attention however.
I am putting all my money into SAND and ape GIF's.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I went to war this morning with the high school track to the tune of 8.9 miles. We'll call it a draw. Had a routine eye exam this morning with my new doc who took over for the old doc who retired. The new doc is a female bodybuilder. I thought her arms looked bigger than mine, though that's not saying much.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The issue with Ukraine is China.

Existential dread.

New frame may arrive today. Wondering if I can conceal its existence indefinitely.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Getting the "what about gold/oil/gas?" calls now. :rofl: Ironic/not-ironic all from the Western Slope aka. Trump Country.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The issue with Ukraine is China.

Existential dread.

New frame may arrive today. Wondering if I can conceal its existence indefinitely.
brothers wife found out about the new/used moto when they were at the storage building....

the discussion...

what is that...

not your concern...its paid for...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
used market is pretty active if you know where to look
There are only a few forks that fit the bill. The Totem is an option, but I really like this fork on paper. If I can find another that isn't hashed...

Fox 36 Van R, just so the universe knows what I'm looking for.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I bet your email and phone is going bonkers, Couldnt do what you do man, you must have the patience of a saint
Believe it or not, it isn't.

The people I work with, who I've spent the time with on education, know not to react. They know why they are invested the way they are invested, and what the long-term plan is.

The people who are sending me emails or asking to meet about it (very few - guy above, another I've never met with before but making my recommend changes today, and the couple gold/oil's I've never talked to before) are all never talked to, the one paranoid guy, or people who flat out didn't do what I recommended are have gotten burned.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Believe it or not, it isn't.

The people I work with, who I've spent the time with on education, know not to react. They know why they are invested the way they are invested, and what the long-term plan is.

The people who are sending me emails or asking to meet about it (very few - guy above, another I've never met with before but making my recommend changes today, and the couple gold/oil's I've never talked to before) are all never talked to, the one paranoid guy, or people who flat out didn't do what I recommended are have gotten burned.
I jumped into reddit and the discords for a short bit this morning and its quite comical. I am not sure who would take financial advise from peeps with poor english using robinhood screenshots but they do. Nuttier than a squirrel turd