Quantcast

Warm Fuzzy Friday GMT

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Took the day off today. Yeah! Because I had a full blown seizure last night. Boo.

I unwittingly forgot my drugs Wednesday night and it's my spike amount, so it's assumed I fell below my base levels. Add more stress at work and wala - grand mal. Appropriate email off to HR about FMLA/ADA because I'm out of time off, of which a quarter or so was burned on seizure related issues.

Either way, getting errands and chores done on my day off. Helps reduce my stress levels to not have a ton of pending issues.

You got my number if you want long-term assistance.
Feel better and you too @Serial Midget

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Took the day off today. Yeah! Because I had a full blown seizure last night. Boo.

I unwittingly forgot my drugs Wednesday night and it's my spike amount, so it's assumed I fell below my base levels. Add more stress at work and wala - grand mal. Appropriate email off to HR about FMLA/ADA because I'm out of time off, of which a quarter or so was burned on seizure related issues.

Either way, getting errands and chores done on my day off. Helps reduce my stress levels to not have a ton of pending issues.

You got my number if you want long-term assistance.
damn, man. feel better

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a friend of gets the bite through your tongue seizures whenever he dries out from alcohol from being functionally drunk a month at a time...

get well.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Ride completed. Unfortunately I didn’t muster up enough ambition to do the 2 hr Farlow climb talked about elsewhere. Must have been the lunch beers. Anyway got out of the shower and I’ll be damned if my colon said “it’s go time buddy.” I mean seriously, I just got out of the shower and wasn’t even dried off:disgust:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
10000ish feet of descending so far this morning at Angel Fire.

Hands feel effed already.

Wife and I did a run down the 2005 World Cup DH course. I think all the dirt washed away in the last decade. One of the roughest tracks I've ever ridden. @Nick did you ride it earlier this year?
YES! Damn that is one fun trail.
I was digging Supreme DH :-)drool:), and Chillin' > Supreme too. You guys win Friday.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
2 hours of climbing is a lot, but not terrible... Just makes for more descending!

Of course, they say that breathing the air around here is equivalent to smoking 7 cigarettes per day, so not ideal conditions for big rides these days anyhow.

I went to a sort of job interview today. They were interested in me, but didn't have a very clear definition of what role they were trying to fill. Pretty hard to home in on a moving target, so I came away pretty bewildered. Meh.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Hiking Baden-Powell with my boss and another dude from work tomorrow morning. Trying out a new pack and pulling some stuff together that will work for bikepacking as well.

https://socalhiker.net/hiking-mt-baden-powell/
Oooooh.... I thought you were hiking the Baden-Powell trail... shows what I know.

(There is a Baden Powell trail from Deep Cove to Horsehoe Bay which traverses the "North Shore")

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
a friend of gets the bite through your tongue seizures whenever he dries out from alcohol from being functionally drunk a month at a time...

get well.
Grand Mal. Those are my biggies. This was most likely a Minor Mal, but I did have physical reaction, just minimal.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Watched my Ex's kids while she went on a date. Good Kids. Let them play around on the roof. They loved it.
Dropped them off with Grandma. She was drunky drunk so I am going back over there before I do the hand off. She called 3 hours ago to tell me she would be 15 minutes late... I fixed the light on the back porch by changing the bulb. Smoke detector needed a battery.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Route details..
Parked at Daniel Ridge lot.

Rode up 475 and past Gloucester Gap
L on 471
Butter Gap to Long Branch
R on 475 back to lot.
Daniel Ridge water fall side.
R on Daniel connector to 225
Drop in on Cove Creek
R 475 back to lot.

Checked out some waterfalls along the way and may or may not have ridden a trail that may or may not be exactly legal but has the most apropos name of any trail I've ever heard of. And If you know it, you probably agree.

At the top of Cove Creek, a large group of riders came up the other side and I rolled with them. Got behind their fast dude and started popping off every rock and root in sight. While he was quickly dodging roots and chunk, I was straightlining it and gapping whole sections of root balls and ledges, railing corners all contorted and generally riding like a maniac. Had to brake a lot more than I wanted, but it was fun to chase another rider. I don't think he was really aware of how I was riding, but his buddies will probably tell him. :D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Nah, that was last week. Been there three times, served cold grilled chicken tacos twice. :rant:

Went to the ole standby, El Chapala.
a.) we need to ride wilsons
b.) papas n beer report gives me the sads...but honestly, recently i just drink beers at the hub or oskar and get whatever food truck is there...after a wilsons ride, las salsas is still mandatory though