Quantcast

wc schladming thread

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Is there any interviews (cut, freecaster, dirt, etc...) of Mitch? I am curious to know how he got there to austria (finances wise), who he is traveling with, his goals for the weekend, etc...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
The last couple vids of practice posted, looks like Mick is struggling hard on the track? thoughts?

And interviewers, enough with the 'points' questions, good lord, it is as bad as the 'pedalling' topic at worlds.

Last edited:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Give that Mitch kid a coach and he could do really well!
i know he did one of the Betteride clinics a while back. This is only his first real year racing. He'll get faster. Kid is super sick. Makes me sad when i see him ride just because i feel so damn slow.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
The last couple vids of practice posted, looks like Mick is struggling hard on the track? thoughts?

And interviewers, enough with the 'points' questions, good lord, it is as bad as the 'pedalling' topic at worlds.
phuckin' eh about the questions, holy yawners! mick definitely looks out of sorts, he usually seems to excel in the gnar power tracks....hope he can put it together, been hoping he could get a win all year, but its definitely looking doubtful.

Princess

Chimp
Jun 7, 2009
Utopia
Is there any interviews (cut, freecaster, dirt, etc...) of Mitch? I am curious to know how he got there to austria (finances wise), who he is traveling with, his goals for the weekend, etc...
Here's a freecaster clip with him before Worlds:

http://freecaster.tv/live/mtb/1007130/uci-mountain-bike-world-championship-dh-4x

He's in Austria with his dad, who's helped run his career (long time bmx family), and with Nick Hadley - another Utah Junior with a lot of talent. Self funded... running Canfield Bikes and will hopefully stay on them next year.

SPDR

Monkey
Apr 21, 2006
Engerland
Gwin
Brendan
Ben Reid
Peat
Blinky
So Gwin'd gonna pull 13+ seconds out of nowhere is he?

Patriotism mixed with optimism mixed with booze?

As Seb says Bren looks insanely fast in that clip - looks like it's gonna be between 2 guys and they're both on the same bike

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
And FWIW I paused it straight away and posted before I carried on and heard Sven's thoughts on Brendan, I didn't mean to sound like I was just echoing him!! :)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
He's holding back the good stuff it seems, presumably for magazines and whatnot, no fun! :)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
BTW it's sunny and hot here today. So much for the predicted **** weather! Men's Xc callups is on now and the place is starting to fill up with spectators and empty beer glasses. Tomorrow should be one hell of a show.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Shame hill isn't currently losing by 60 points instead of winning by 60. Barring serious injury in his run (a simple crash won't be enough) the title's sewn up for him really, it's just a battle for 2nd place now.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'm predicting the top 4 overall to be

Sam
Peat
Minnaar
Gee

(i.e. same as current, but peat will beat greg in the race and overtake him in the points)

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Here's a freecaster clip with him before Worlds:

http://freecaster.tv/live/mtb/1007130/uci-mountain-bike-world-championship-dh-4x

He's in Austria with his dad, who's helped run his career (long time bmx family), and with Nick Hadley - another Utah Junior with a lot of talent. Self funded... running Canfield Bikes and will hopefully stay on them next year.
Man, how cool would it be to be a 17 year old in Austria with your pops, doing what you love? Lucky kid.
That's awesome that Nick is out there. I still remember when we all called him "Lil Nick". Not so little anymore. Dude is a ripper.
I think Canfields might have a hard time holding on to Mitch. He'll probably be getting hit up by some of the big companies with some pretty good deals. I've heard some rumors already.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Minnaar's one life fanclub are all here, and are currently out creating a ruckus for the XC riders with all sorts of horns and beers. Excellent. 32c and one of them has on tights and a fluorescent wool beanie.

braaaap

Chimp
Feb 27, 2007
Utard
For the record...Mitch isn't with his dad. With limited funds, his dad had to send him off with another local family (Nick Hadley and his parents). I have spoken with his dad daily and it's killing him to be home. I hope this kid can get an out of industry sponsor to back him and throw some money his way. The fact that he was the 3rd fastest junior to qualify...and to catch his 30 sec guy, then crash while trying to pass him. Get up, then crash again...and still qualify 40th. Damn.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
To the first guy, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
To the second, Hill seems to have a new hobby of crashing out on courses that he can really shine on.
Once in 5 or 6 years hardy makes it a hobby. Seems he's had a ton of close 2nds on tracks he excells on, but that wins overall titles.

With the exception of Andorra 09 and Canberra 08 I think the last podium hi missed was Brazil 06?

Last edited:

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Not since Hill's 08 Worlds run have I seen someone ride faster than I thought possible. Brendan just changed that with the line through the roots in the Dirt Vid.

Holy F**king s**t !

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'm gonna bitchslap freecaster so hard if they feck this up again :)

edit: oh look, site down, quelle surprise. Bellends :(