Quantcast

***Wednesday derp day GMT**"

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I finished yesterday's ride as it got dark out so I guess it is that time of year to put the lights back on the bike. I always have a red strobe in the back and a small white strobe under the bar in the front year round. The big light got put on. 5 power levels and flood, spot or both on selections and up to 2400 lumen output. Not quite time to add in the 1200 lumen helmet light just yet.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Two days left to my European vacation. I managed to get an infected testicle. So when I got to Paris, my first stop is the hospital. I was seen fairly quickly by a doctor, but they're really thorough here. Blood tests and the whole 9 yards. The cute young doctor even probed my prostate...

Meanwhile, my wife took my boys to see the Eiffel Tower. I just got a text from her, apparently my oldest son, 7,broke his arm, and they are at the children's hospital.

What a friggin gong show. Sheesh. Thank Dog for socialized health care I guess.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Two days left to my European vacation. I managed to get an infected testicle. So when I got to Paris, my first stop is the hospital. I was seen fairly quickly by a doctor, but they're really thorough here. Blood tests and the whole 9 yards. The cute young doctor even probed my prostate...

Meanwhile, my wife took my boys to see the Eiffel Tower. I just got a text from her, apparently my oldest son, 7,broke his arm, and they are at the children's hospital.

Dude.Sorry to hear. Sounds like 2018 isn't exactly a memorable year for your family.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
How do you even get an infected testicle??

Fucked if I know. All's I know is I've had a few since my vasectomy 2 years ago.

How do you break your arm while sight seeing??
Kids being kids ... Climbing on a tree. It's a pretty gnarly fracture. Displaced bones an all.
I am le confused by your post

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Bear Ranch Creek Black Deer Connector trail verdict: :nononocat.gif:

A million switchbacks. Lots of climbing if that's your bag, up and down over 3 ridges. Long. Not worth the handful of fun sections, inclusive of that exposed cliff section.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Good stuff starts at 20 seconds in. I didn't take it fast since this was my first (and probably only) time on the trail--didn't feel like falling to the left.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

You're having a much different experience in France then I had. :panic:

That's nutty.