Quantcast

***Wednesday derp day GMT**"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I would like to see pictures of this.
My eagle (XO) has been scarily flawless (knock on wood)
The der cage is visibly bent. I presume from the 1st time it chainsucked. I shall attempt to acquire photos...

12 speed woes...complaining about a wee bit of humidity...new custom title: buttercup?
I'd take it over my current stupid one. :homer:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
i wasn't even born :rofl: I think its time for a visit!
1984 - road trip from Denver with schoolmate to see the Meat Puppets in Phoenix (Tempe); buddies 1972 Volvo 142 blew a radiator while we were pulled over for doing 70 in a 55. Stater thought we were idiots but let us go with a warning. Never made the show because we spent all our gas money on radiator pellets.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
How old are you?
I don't know about your ticker, but if I maintain over 145-150 then I start to blow up. I see about 165 bpm max, am comfortable at 145, and my resting heart rate is usually in the 50-55 zone, 54 averaged over last week per Garmin.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Did a really big stupid ride from Bent Creek to Mills River and back. It's been a bucket list ride of mine for a couple years and is a route touted for it's badasssery by locals. Not because of technical riding, Bent Creek is home to some of the "easier" trails in Pisgah. But because it climbs the same damn mountain three times. Took me just under seven hours to complete.

Along the way I talked to a few other riders, got rained on a wee bit, got cold, only got marginally lost, ate all my snacks, caught moar air than I should have solo, hit the shed a few times and saw a bear. Yeah a bear. I think the fucker was trying to snatch mah snacks as he crept up on me to about 40 ft. Ran when I stood up and yelled. I continued with the shed session. Pisgah is a stand yer ground...er, um...yeah...bear.

Rice Pinnacle
Dirt road up to Ingle Fields
Five Points to Greens Lick
Lower Sidehill to dirt road
Up to the Parkway
Down Wash Creek rd to Spencer Gap Connector
Spencer Gap to Trace Ridge
Back up Wash Creek Rd and back into Bent Creek

I had heard that Trace Ridge was getting pretty rowdy. As in way moar rough than when I lived there. Fuck yeah it was. There were a few good sized ledge drops into ditches at mach stupid. One of which popped me up in the air way more than I thought it would.

Really glad I did this ride. Great day in the hills.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't know about your ticker, but if I maintain over 145-150 then I start to blow up. I see about 165 bpm max, am comfortable at 145, and my resting heart rate is usually in the 50-55 zone, 54 averaged over last week per Garmin.
My average heart rate while riding is 150. I still routinely max out around 175. RHR is 67. I don't usually start to blow up until I'm above 165 or so. 34 yrs old, 6'1", about 206lbs.