Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Cold, wet, and foggy. Perfect for my mood because FTS. Also, not sure if I have a cold, or allergies to all the shit in the air yesterday. I feel like poop.
:stupid:
No allergies here, but I've been battling some bacteria in my respiratory paths for a while. Boss is making everyone in the team go bonkers, perhaps we should just walk out on the moody miserable motherfucker.

Because rain forecast for today, I took apart the bike after ride last night for suspension bearings service. Little did I know the job would be quick, the bearings are re-packed, links re-assembled, almost ready to ride - I just need to re-install the chain. Let's hope this fixes annoying clicking under power as I took and regreased everything else already.

No allergies here, but I've been battling some bacteria in my respiratory paths for a while. Boss is making everyone in the team go bonkers, perhaps we should just walk out on the moody miserable motherfucker.

Because rain forecast for today, I took apart the bike after ride last night for suspension bearings service. Little did I know the job would be quick, the bearings are re-packed, links re-assembled, almost ready to ride - I just need to re-install the chain. Let's hope this fixes annoying clicking under power as I took and regreased everything else already.
Rattle it now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey there, kind people! LMAO

Signing up for Ironman #3 today. Mont-Tremblant do-over in 2019, although not really a do-over since that implies I had a bad experience last time, when in fact I rocked that shit. In case you were wondering, it is about $600 USD to register, and that is early bird pricing. roffles?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back in the office after a week and a half of glorious bike riding, swimming, beers and Quebec awesomeness. Afraid to open my email...

We finished the trip off in Ottawa, parked on Bate Island and rode up to Dominion City Brewing. Great little spot, with a patio built around some trees; complete with its own savage tree nut tossing squirrel. Great beer and they have hops wallpaper.

And of course who ever sat at my desk during my absence has left a mess. Ear plugs, safety glasses everywhere, sticky notes....and one of my monitors is missing. wtf?

Coffee it now.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Back in the office after a week and a half of glorious bike riding, swimming, beers and Quebec awesomeness. Afraid to open my email...

We finished the trip off in Ottawa, parked on Bate Island and rode up to Dominion City Brewing. Great little spot, with a patio built around some trees; complete with its own savage tree nut tossing squirrel. Great beer and they have hops wallpaper.

And of course who ever sat at my desk during my absence has left a mess. Ear plugs, safety glasses everywhere, sticky notes....and one of my monitors is missing. wtf?

Coffee it now.
Tree tossers are the worst tossers. :monkey: The worst.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

No allergies here, but I've been battling some bacteria in my scrotal paths for a while. Last night I took no painkillers or anti-inflammatories, and there is no extra pain or sensitivity today. :notbad: now I just have 10 more days of horse-pill antibiotics to finish off. Will perhaps try to go for a gentle ride on the weekend. I have an appointment with the Dr. on Friday, so I'll run that idea by her.

How awesome that you made it to the brewery! I really like that place. when I said 3 flags is my favourite beer from them, that's actually the beer you can get outside the brewery. my actual favourite is the Sunsplit IPA. very juicy and cloudy. I like it a lot. What other beers did you get to try out?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

How awesome that you made it to the brewery! I really like that place. when I said 3 flags is my favourite beer from them, that's actually the beer you can get outside the brewery. my actual favourite is the Sunsplit IPA. very juicy and cloudy. I like it a lot. What other beers did you get to try out?
It was awesome there, thank you for the suggestion! The guys serving were pretty cool too, this one younger guy had some great beer backpack cooler ideas haha.

I can't remember exactly what we tried, but we for sure did the Two Flags IPA, Filibuster IIPA and I think the Sunsplit IPA. We took some Laurentian Consensus IPA's on the bikes and enjoyed them on the river later. All great beers.

It was a fun ride back to the car. :rofl:

Here's the route we took. A heads up display would be awesome for navigating some of the paths; as a non local its crazy when you're flying along and not sure where to go hah. As you can see, we almost completely missed the path up to the brewery. Would have sucked if we kept going....

https://www.strava.com/activities/1786307926

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Waiting for the A Line. Headed across town for Chimpex, maybe x 2 if possible.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Mornin' folks. Smoke in the air seems to be doing something irritating to my lookers and my thinker. Been aching all week and hydration is actually not the answer this time. Feeling like I've got a puncture in my space suit as well. Guess all teh green does not make for healthy breathers! Dang. May need to reconsider some life choices so I can make it through future summer endings.

Since I've spent most of my summer as a chauffeur and cheerleader, I hope you will enjoy my little highlight reel for Lucas' last tournament. He has some goalie skills, and a goal assist when he asked to go on the field the last game. I had fun making it.... he's the goalie in yellow and then #24 in the last clip.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It was awesome there, thank you for the suggestion! The guys serving were pretty cool too, this one younger guy had some great beer backpack cooler ideas haha.

I can't remember exactly what we tried, but we for sure did the Two Flags IPA, Filibuster IIPA and I think the Sunsplit IPA. We took some Laurentian Consensus IPA's on the bikes and enjoyed them on the river later. All great beers.

Here's the route we took. A heads up display would be awesome for navigating some of the paths; as a non local its crazy when you're flying along and not sure where to go hah. As you can see, we almost completely missed the path up to the brewery. Would have sucked if we kept going....

you rode right by my office! (I'm right next to the Mosaïca garden). I liked the Laurentian Concensus, it's like the Sunsplit with different yeast as I recall. But it's a seasonal brew for Dominion Day isn't it? Mighta been a bit stale by now? For sure they have some serious knowledge. Next time you're in town, you should look into a "BrewDonkey" tour. They take you on a bus to visit a bunch of local breweries and distilleries. Turns out, only Vancouver has more micro-breweries than Ottawa in all of Canada... There's a solid selection to choose from here now.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin' lady & gents.
run day today. my 7 miler on sunday went splendidly. new shoes en route. thinking about dosing before the race. :think:
attempting Elbert the weekend before. gonna put a lot miles on my feet in September.

got new (to me skis) rossi S7's. in great shape too. looking for bindings now but found a great pair of park skis for cheap too. :think:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
you rode right by my office! (I'm right next to the Mosaïca garden). I liked the Laurentian Concensus, it's like the Sunsplit with different yeast as I recall. But it's a seasonal brew for Dominion Day isn't it? Mighta been a bit stale by now? For sure they have some serious knowledge. Next time you're in town, you should look into a "BrewDonkey" tour. They take you on a bus to visit a bunch of local breweries and distilleries. Turns out, only Vancouver has more micro-breweries than Ottawa in all of Canada... There's a solid selection to choose from here now.
BrewDonkey tour sounds intriguing. Yeah the Laurentian was only in cans. Couldn't really tell if it was old/stale, as they got shook pretty good on our bikes for 25km. But it was still pretty good.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

bookmark this for the next time you head south :D
https://www.ncbeerguys.com/nc-breweries/
seems like there are more opening every day!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shift to call center is on aggressive pace. FTS is high. Can't wait to go to Bend next weekend to ride bikes and drink beer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lord Jesus, is the air quality terrible. Can't even see the mountains. I'm dying here.
This. I can usually see Pike's from my office. I can barely see the bluffs which are, which are 6 miles away.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river