Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Last work day this week. Last week I took Thurs and Fri to go to Guatemala and hike Volcan de Fuego.

signal-2022-04-04-12-15-41-858.jpg

Daughter made it, the most relentlessly vertical hike I have ever done. Super proud of her.

This week we go back to the highest point in Salvador, El Pital, but mostly to chill in a cabin.

Trying to give her a good spring break here.

Last work day this week. Last week I took Thurs and Fri to go to Guatemala and hike Volcan de Fuego.

View attachment 174552

Daughter made it, the most relentlessly vertical hike I have ever done. Super proud of her.

This week we go back to the highest point in Salvador, El Pital, but mostly to chill in a cabin.

Trying to give her a good spring break here.
How close can you get to the red stuff?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
best sleep in a week. dosed 1.5 CBD (no THC) Jellies. 1/4 of the way through my work day and its only 0530

I was in Oakland yesterday sitting at the light at Hegeberger and International when this bro in a red beater decided it was a good time to do a sideshow in the intersection. He was spinning doughnuts and lost it. almost hit a bunch of cars. fucking idiot.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

7-4 from the hospital today

Thought about riding the e-bike in but 60 mph winds forecast + 34 Freedoms led me to pick up the car keys

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Girlfriend just called and said she's staying home from work for the next three days.

As mentioned in the covid thread, the manager/owner (married couple) of her workplace are sick and one of them tested positive last week (this after a trip to florida). She gave them a call this morning, before going to work, to see how they were doing. The manager is sick and at work, which is where she picked up the phone from. According to the manager, her husband is sick and "unable to get out of bed" today, but he'll be there at work on Friday!

Seems foolish to me. They operate a small clinic - if everyone gets sick, who will run it? :s

Should add, the girlfriend already voiced her concern about them coming to work. If she is in close contact with someone with covid, it restricts when/how she can visit with her father who lives in a long term care home. She already had to cancel visiting him twice in the last few weeks..

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Girlfriend just called and said she's staying home from work for the next three days.

As mentioned in the covid thread, the manager/owner (married couple) of her workplace are sick and one of them tested positive last week (this after a trip to florida). She gave them a call this morning, before going to work, to see how they were doing. The manager is sick and at work, which is where she picked up the phone from. According to the manager, her husband is sick and "unable to get out of bed" today, but he'll be there at work on Friday!

Seems foolish to me. They operate a small clinic - if everyone gets sick, who will run it? :s
bUt tHe sHoW MuSt gO On!!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I sure hope the wide angle is exaggerating that. Because that looks like a death wish.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Didn't Geoff Gulevich ride that a year or two ago? or maybe it was Brett Tippie?

If I recall there is some camera trickery, but still pretty crazy.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I watched “The Photographer of Mauthausen” last night. All in subtitles but very worth it. Seems somewhat fitting for the things going on in the world currently. Would highly recommend.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Slow work day.

Haley woke up this morning and said she was feeling yesterday. She did four practice sessions, a qualifier, and a final, so that doesn't surprise me. Mostly her arms and shoulders, so she gets to start doing pushups (@SkaredShtles ). Her hero (super fast girl racer "N") was there yesterday and got 2nd, which really helped with Haley getting her head around not winning or getting a podium every race. N was kinda like "eh, it happens. I didn't get on the podium once my entire first year and I wasn't even competitive until my second season." Which kind of settled down Haley's frustrations and built in some realistic expectations, which I haven't been able to do. Haley should slide up from 13/22 in league overall up to 7-9ish, so big jump there. I would expect her to be able to break into the top-5 by end of season, but I don't see how she can get above that. Even if she starts winning, she's just starting out too far behind the top kids.

Now back to coffee.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Slow work day.

Haley woke up this morning and said she was feeling yesterday. She did four practice sessions, a qualifier, and a final, so that doesn't surprise me. Mostly her arms and shoulders, so she gets to start doing pushups (@SkaredShtles ). Her hero (super fast girl racer "N") was there yesterday and got 2nd, which really helped with Haley getting her head around not winning or getting a podium every race. N was kinda like "eh, it happens. I didn't get on the podium once my entire first year and I wasn't even competitive until my second season." Which kind of settled down Haley's frustrations and built in some realistic expectations, which I haven't been able to do. Haley should slide up from 13/22 in league overall up to 7-9ish, so big jump there. I would expect her to be able to break into the top-5 by end of season, but I don't see how she can get above that. Even if she starts winning, she's just starting out too far behind the top kids.

Now back to coffee.
start calling her speed racer

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Badly needed haircut on tap for this afternoon. Maybe grocery shopping too if I'm lucky.

Wife and her dad are back to the house to do more baseboard. He put it up such that one board needs BOTH ends coped. :banghead:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Yeah, that spine thing seems to be one of the cases where it looks worse on film. Or I need a physics update…we are still Newtonian, right?

Day off to hang out with a colleague/ friend from Germany who is on the west coast for 3 weeks of vacay.

We are not sure if she is lucky & naive or some kind of German super-spy, but her travel stories freak me out.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I watched “The Photographer of Mauthausen” last night. All in subtitles but very worth it. Seems somewhat fitting for the things going on in the world currently. Would highly recommend.
We visited that camp when we were on our Euro holiday a long time back. Extremely moving being in a place like that.

Fuck Putin. :mad:

<snip> she gets to start doing pushups (@SkaredShtles ).

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
yo.
I think I'm going to get a Covid test just for kicks. If neg, this cold can kiss my ass.

And, until you've witnessed the glory of Timmay's flowing locks, lifted by the wind and shining in the afternoon sun, you haven't lived.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
rainy all day today. roasting some beets, making gnochi later. vet appt. for Princess Lumpy secured, playing with bikes in the garage to commence before work tonight.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey folks

i'mma order some shit. from the internet. I want to crawl back in bed.

turns out science bro, whom I shared a room with yesterday, has a COVID infected wife. Now I get to play "IS MY WHOLE FAMILY GOING TO DIE?" for a week.