Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@Nick Yeah I've had it cleaned and looked at a few times and both doctors and nurses said that its fine... The skin patch in the middle makes it look a little gnarly..

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
You tell me... I do recall you saying that you'd eat a human leg. :busted:

Yes fyi, that is balled up skin in the middle, not puss or infection material. It dripped on my fuckin' shoe. Dammit.
mmmmm...looks like bacon.

I need to dig up my photo of my wook foot from the summer. its pretty gnarly too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I gave a presentation to 60 people at work yesterday, which I hate doing but am apparently very good at based on the comments I received. So it's nice to know I didn't suck. "I've never seen you present before....holy cow you were great!" Aww shucks.

All day meeting today. They served food....an eight pound chocolate chip muffin for breakfast, and tacos for lunch. SCORE.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
what gave it away? i always try to be on the lookout for that kind of stuff.
It stuck out farther than it should. It also looked a lot newer than it should have. Then being curious by nature, i started pulling and twisting it. It clearly was glued on and flimsy. So i pry at it with my knife and broke a piece off and then it was really clear.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It stuck out farther than it should. It also looked a lot newer than it should have. Then being curious by nature, i started pulling and twisting it. It clearly was glued on and flimsy. So i pry at it with my knife and broke a piece off and then it was really clear.
gotcha. the best general guidance i've heard is look for things that seem "off" since there's so much variation in what skimmers look like. I hope you gave that thing to the cops.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
When I cover it, I've been using non-stick gauze wound pads, not sure exactly what they are called. Then have to wrap them in stretchy gauze. One of the problems is that even after getting the largest non-stick pads from the pharmacy, I have to use at least three of them to cover it all. And part of it is on my knee, so when I wear pants it always wants to slide down too. As you mentioned, this crap is expensive... And when its covered, it just seems to ooze out liquid all day.
Paper tape is your friend. Sticks but not so much that it tears all your hair out.

Also, the oozing is good. It's flushing the wound while it's exposed. Will help prevent infection.

I'm trying it now, but its not working. Usually does..
It's not a gif it's actually an mp4. We can't mp4.

https://i.imgur.com/VvTdcji.mp4

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
gotcha. the best general guidance i've heard is look for things that seem "off" since there's so much variation in what skimmers look like. I hope you gave that thing to the cops.
No i gave it to the manager. I received seven thank yous and two handshakes.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
did you read the link? you'd answer your own question.
Scanned the link. The only explanation I saw was,

You drive up to the gas pump. Before you put your card in, you open up the app on your phone and it has a button that says ‘scan’. Click ‘scan,’ and it will start scanning and give you a message a few seconds later about whether it’s safe to use your card
Which doesn't explain shit.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
your scanning is apparently less effective than the app.
Or not?

The Skimmer Scanner app is “not a foolproof thing, but it’s something that might help protect you from an illegal device that was placed in that gas pump,” Michael Laws, the police chief in Overland, Missouri, told KTVI.
And yes I saw where it says Bluetooth. Good luck with that then. Many skimming devices do not have a Bluetooth signal.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
@Nick Yeah I've had it cleaned and looked at a few times and both doctors and nurses said that its fine... The skin patch in the middle makes it look a little gnarly..
Get the hydrocolloid dressing and thank me later. It captures the ooze and prevents scabs and scars from forming on the surface.