Quantcast

What are you (or should you) be working on at the moment?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Me... I'm working on calculating the probability of lightning striking a building so I can determine whether or not a lightining protection system is needed on it...

A seemingly simple 3 variable equation... it's just that calculating the values for the variables sucks.

:dead:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
A new builders locator map for Vegas. 40 listings moved and changed classification, tons of fun.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
norco-freerider said:
i should be riding but im doing my statics homework
Umm....statics?? So you're checking your laundry for cling??

Oh...right...the point of the thread...I should be reorganizing my workspace to make me more productive, however, that's not going to happen. So I'm wasting time until I go work out. Hence, the post.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Editing an interactive programming manual. So far out of my job description and background it isn't even funny. Dumb ass bosses don't want to hire someone to do it so they tell me to work on it in my spare time. It is going to suck and I'm sure I'll get blamed for it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Secret Squirrel said:
Umm....statics?? So you're checking your laundry for cling??

you are a hilarious person my friend...:blah:

besides, i use downy dryer sheets with febreeze scent, no way my ****s gonna cling

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I just finished the redesign for a set of 8 pressure vessels. I also did the dwg revisions. My draftsman would have taken years to do it.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
norco-freerider said:
you are a hilarious person my friend...:blah:

besides, i use downy dryer sheets with febreeze scent, no way my ****s gonna cling
A bear and a bunny are takin' a sh*t in the woods. The bear turns to the bunny and asks him, "Do you have a problem with sh*t clinging to your fur?" The bunny answers, "No..."
So the bear picks up the bunny and wipes his ass with it.:blah:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I'm working on the design for installing four 1200HP natural gas compressors onto an offshore oil platform and two more onshore ones of about 1500HP each up in Alaska. I'm also trying to procure a sh!tload of other equipment.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am on lunch right now so I'm eating a chicken sandwich.

When that's over I have one PC install, a monitor install, a monitor replacement, and then I have about a dozen or so new application installs and PC configs to do. With the exception of the hardware, I can do everything from my desk.

Slow day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Nothing.

I don't have to do anything at the moment except inhale/exhale.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Testing and evaluating Kaseya for management over 2,000 users, and installing three networks on my ultimate VMWare machine for product testing.

Pretty_boring. I wish i was out in the field. Instead, i'm stuck at my desk all day writing documentation, quicksheets and product evals for the man. Motherhellin'

-Adam

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i was working on a methodist interfaith health disparities map series for one of our non profit partners today but the f'in server went down. (f'in state funded institutions) So I guess I'll finish that up tomorrow. its looking really good. and it beats the hell out of making sandwiches and mopping floors.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Auditing work orders. Making sure there is sufficient inventory for the distribution center to complete assembly and get the units to assign to existing sales orders.

Also reviewing the current international distributor purchase orders before they get released to vendors tomorrow.

...there's about 120 emails total in my inbox. So far I KNOW that 40 are actually for me...I get CC'd WAY TO MUCH. :mumble:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
sanjuro said:
Configuring a VCS cluster...
Is that pretty hard? I've worked with other Veritas products like volume manager but never had a chance to work with cluster.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Laying out test plan parameters for 3 product tests. One to test our weld process on our cable armoring against a new laser weld process. Cool, because it involves destructive testing of the samples I have sitting my desk right now. Another test to run on an Instron material testing machine, testing the tension strength of a splice connection from a new vendor and qualifying it. And the third test plan will be low temperature testing an oilfield plug in known as a 'pothead' in which we have installed a seal block made from different material in order to have it seal at unreal low temps that are seen in the Russian oilfields.

Cool shizznit

oh, and eating a bag of cool ranch doritos

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
devising strategies around whether or not we need WFI for the final CIP rinse of certain pieces of equipment, and the cost/schedule hits of the various options.