Quantcast

What band does everyone else thinks is lame – but you like?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Title says it all really…..

Everyone likes a band that most people would say WTF when you admit it to them. After some youtube time tonight, I offer my contribution:

Skid Row

Mostly the “Slave to the Grind” type stuff but IMO Sebastian always seemed to have a kick ass rock-and-roll voice (plus he doesn’t seem to take sh!t off most people). Plus their first album was popular when I was in high school…..even with most metal heads.

What’s your contribution? You know you have one….confess!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
there are varying definitions of 'lameness'...i'd say that if you bombarded 100 RM members w/ a mix of ~15 or so Sun City Girls songs, 100 would hate it. and there are probably a ton of those types of examples.

so i guess i will stick to the more well-known bands.

after some deliberation, i will nominate:

well i gotta go...more deliberation is needed

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
The Wiggles.

True story:
I went back out to the store the other day after the girls were in bed. I had been driving with them earlier, and the Wiggles CD was playing. When I got back in the car it was still playing. I discovered only when I was half way home again (ie: I'd gone to the store, shopped and got back into my car), before I realized that I'd been humming along to the Wiggles CD.....

The Big Red Car rolls along the street
And to all the people that we meet
We like to say "hello"
SAY HELLO!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
IDK what is considered lame. I love pop music but would never buy any albums. I will go with Queen. Do people think that Queen is lame? I also really like Journey. And Christina Aguilara. Oh, I've got a good one, Chicago. I like Chicago.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, they're whiny, but I've always liked Counting Crows.

And I've always been given a hard time for it.

edit: Queen is most definitely NOT lame. How could any band that brought us "Fat-Bottomed Girls" be lame?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
No Queen is simply awesome. I dont care what anyone says. Freddy Mercury, though flaming, is simply the best vocalist ever IMO.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Oasis

I also thought about the Darkness, but I only know that one song that we'll see on one-hit-wonders in a few years.