Quantcast

What band does everyone else thinks is lame – but you like?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
don't get me wrong, i am a queen fan. it is just the irony of the song that strikes me as funny.
I think he did chicks too. I recall a quote something like, "I'll go to bed with anything" which, while Im not into the gay thing...is still somehow respectable. :busted:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Yeah, they're whiny, but I've always liked Counting Crows.

And I've always been given a hard time for it.

edit: Queen is most definitely NOT lame. How could any band that brought us "Fat-Bottomed Girls" be lame?
:stupid:

My pick as well. More of the B sides, though. I don't care so much for the Mr. Jones-Long Dec.-BigYellowTaxiawfulcover-crap.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
The Go-Go's. I've got fond memories of parties, where some of the most unlikely dirtbags singing along to Vacation. Quite funny. We even went down to Boston several years ago to see them.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Bon Jovi stuff from the 80's. Blame my parents - they got me their first album when I was 4...I only wanted it because it had a hot slut on the cover.

I used to rock out to Enya before DH races. Seems like it calmed me down a bunch so I wouldn't spaz out and eat it into the rhubarb.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
:rofl:

I can only sleep at night knowing that that guy from 311 kicked Scott Stapp's ass.
Was it the lead singer? I saw 311 in concert at least 6 times mostly due to the fact that the Nick Hexum was always topless and seemed to enjoy making love to the mic stand. :drool:

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Pretty much everything I listen to other people think WTF? I'm stuck in the 70's and 80s rock. Motley Crue, RATT, Def Leppard, etc. I dig Journey, Styx, Queen.

Biggest one, though: RUSH.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is an interesting list. Some of the bands listed, I enjoy or have enjoyed (INXS, smiths, darkness) and some are just plain wrong.

Niq1

Chimp
Jul 12, 2006
Actually, I quite agree. Where else can you be driving along singing this line in the highest falsetto possible: "Get your hands off a my woman, motherfvcka!"
YES! At a shop I used to work at, there would be three of us screaming along to The Darkness when "Permission to Land" came on.
Maybe that's why we struggled as a business....hmm...

Now for my personal band of shame. Pet Shop Boys. Try and tell anyone you're not gay while listening to them. Even my wife thinks I'm gay when I listen to them.

splat

Nam I am
No Queen is simply awesome. I dont care what anyone says. Freddy Mercury, though flaming, is simply the best vocalist ever IMO.

:stupid:

Quenn was/is Awesome ,

I think he did chicks too. I recall a quote something like, "I'll go to bed with anything" which, while Im not into the gay thing...is still somehow respectable. :busted:
So what Freddie Mercury would do any thing with a Hole , aMale, female, goat , tree , etc ,etc

He didn't push it on me . he just wrote and preformed awesome songs.