Quantcast

What does your screen look like?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
VaNIlLin81 said:
You paid for CS2..phew, ermmm.... hm I swear I did'nt use a crack on mine.;)
one day you will both realize that software piracy is lame (just use the gimp or irfanview instead) and that having a portrait orientation photo as one's desktop + flanking blank space just looks bad...

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville

This is my laptop in my room. ;)
On this one I must say I don't feel lonely when I'm looking at my desktop. Look at that....icons.
:sneaky: :D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
VaNIlLin81 said:
You paid for CS2..phew, ermmm.... hm I swear I did'nt use a crack on mine.;)
Geting things for free is good, but I rather not loose clients when my pirated copy of CS2 fails, or when they find out that I'm not using legit software. I did buy a copy, but I have the hook-ups and didn't pay anywhere near full price.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
maxyedor said:
Geting things for free is good, but I rather not loose clients when my pirated copy of CS2 fails, or when they find out that I'm not using legit software. I did buy a copy, but I have the hook-ups and didn't pay anywhere near full price.
Yeah...If you're using CS2 for commercial purposes, pay for it.

I don't have a problem with piracy, as long as you aren't making dough off of your piracy (see above).

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Holy crap, I have almost the same setup as you. I have that picture on my slideshow deal, have the taskbar set to silver (gray?). I've got Age of Empires II, I'm sure some others but I'm too lazy to look at all of them. Yeah... Craziness.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
VaNIlLin81 said:
A mac user using CS2? Why not Aperture? I know if I had a MAC I'd go with Aperture over CS2 any day.
Because 1 - aperture does not do what cs2 does. They are not competing programs.

And 2 - aperture sucks right now on all but the most high end G4s. It has a ton of glaring flaws as well, like a non relational DB making your max DB size, the same as your largest HDD. LAME.

I'll Stick to C1 pro and Iview Media Pro, thanks.

Laptop desktop during a typical workweek. I am not in the office until after crankworx, so i am stuck on a 15" screen until i get back to my beautiful widescreen LCDs.

Along Toshi's line of explanations:
Finder, Dashboard, Mail, Address book, Safari, Firefox, Adium, Transmit, Text Wrangler, Aperture, C1 Pro, Iview Media Pro, PS CS2, Ill CS2, Flash 8, Word, Excel, Itunes, Ical, Prefs, Automator, Isync, Network Utility, Activity Monitor, Chicken of the VNC, Stickies, Suitcase Fusion.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Transcend said:
Toshi, your aim client is extremely busted. I keep getting errors returned to me...and when i close one, it pops up another. Have to restart adium to get it to stop.
Toshi... just be happy he talks to you. Fraser never IM's me... I cry myself to sleep at night.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Transcend said:
Toshi, your aim client is extremely busted. I keep getting errors returned to me...and when i close one, it pops up another. Have to restart adium to get it to stop.
oh weird. you're not the first to report that -- must be something screwy with my google talk/aim gateway. it works for others tho? hmph

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
jeb4 said:
After seeint this thread I figured that I was due for an update.....

Sniff..Sniff, is that an Enzo I smell?

I use Aperture when I'm at my dads house for still lifes I shoot in RAW.
I use Photoshop CS2 after races to clean up some pictures from sensor dust and sometimes clone a cone or spectator out
of the shot. Damnit, I did'nt get track passes for the Petit Le Mans. Geuss I'm going out of Road Atlanta with some Spectator
shots. =(

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Toshi said:
oh weird. you're not the first to report that -- must be something screwy with my google talk/aim gateway. it works for others tho? hmph
<error code='503' type='cancel'><service-unavailable xmlns='urn:ietfarams:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/></error>

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Toshi said:
one day you will both realize that software piracy is lame (just use the gimp or irfanview instead) and that having a portrait orientation photo as one's desktop + flanking blank space just looks bad...
To inform everyone, my dad payed for it, I sent the files across the network to my desktop and laptop and pulled the code.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar

Here's mine. I change the BG whenever I take a good picture or according to the seasons.

Also I have a dual monitor setup set at 1920x1200 (yikes!) and 1200x1600. Does anybody no how to get different bg photos for each monitor on a Windoze system? Currently it has the same BG for each monitor. I've yet to find the option to change this.