Quantcast

What happened to Canfield Bros?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wonder what really happened? I mean not one to spread gossip around, but it just seems strange.

This was triggered by reading the comments on this article:

If you read down, Lance and Chris both respond to the same person with conflicting information. It almost reads as if one doesn't exist to the other.

Strange! Can't everyone just get along? I mean we have bigger things to worry about, like what kind of snow blower you have etc etc

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I wonder what really happened? I mean not one to spread gossip around, but it just seems strange.

This was triggered by reading the comments on this article:

If you read down, Lance and Chris both respond to the same person with conflicting information. It almost reads as if one doesn't exist to the other.

Strange! Can't everyone just get along? I mean we have bigger things to worry about, like what kind of snow blower you have etc etc
Family and business can be like oil and water. It gets really ugly and everything comes apart. Its pretty common I think.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Not sure which is the worse trainwreck: the PB comments or the hardtail’s HA.
HTA is such bullshit. My BC40 “downcountry” xc race bike w/similar HTA loses speed in the turns because it keeps going outside the turn/up the other side. I can’t bring the radius down and excessive body movement/weighting is what I want to avoid, not a “feature”. Sure, straight ahead in some chunk it’s fine, but thats because the short stem, wide bars and dropper. I can’t believe people in 2023 on wagon-wheel bikes complaining about wheel catchers. This would be a great snappy and fun hardtail.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Both kickass guys, but siblings and outside influence can bring some grief...
I think that by seperating and Chris handling the suspension design and lic aspect , let Lance continue to do what he's amazing at was the right choice...
They have both worked to get Canfield where it's at and innovative forward thinking ..flat pedals, short cranks, rearward idler set up...

I am glad they are trying to anchor in longevity and diversify.
Chris is a fast talker as well as very aware, great for what he's doing...Lance is not so much a fast talker not overly cautious but better at design, and trying to think through any design flaws...willing to push things forward and design products as a top level rider for all of us..(thank you to both of you btw, been a blast). Great for his role and business..

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In other News "shiver me timbers" made a guest appearance on PB comments lol.. don't know who here knows Bob but a goofy as character sums him up...I like him, he was cut and dry humor back in the day...likes to stir shit up....
Don't know him, but wasn't he a big marzocchi fan on empty beer years ago?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Huge and could shit talk with the best of em..rode a few times and hung out...funny dude been lurking on MTBR for YEARS....
SMT used to be one of the most prominent on the EmptyBeer DH forum.
Not talked to him in years. Glad to know he is still around and pillaging.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
There's no way in hell I'd want to try to be in business with my brother. I worked at the same company as my father, but it only was tolerable because we were in different offices and didn't have to work together very often.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
About ten years ago in Driggs, ID Lance cooked me and my girlfriend at time one of the most delicious omelettes I’ve ever had. I think he might’ve used chopsticks to scrunch the egg into the center of the pan or something crazy like that?

Anycrap, apparently I missed the memo that they moved to the town just a few miles down the street from the little town I live in. Lance toed the line in the 50+ class of our local Enduro series last night.

Fuckin’ hell we’re old.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Lol that's him ..yeah I haven't seen him pop up in eons....just surprised me..yeah glad he's still alive and kicking ...
Looks like I missed this one earlier, but that's fun to hear. I rode with him a few times about 15-20 years ago I think, that dude was absolutely wild. I was 100% confident he would have died of a cocain overdose while having relations with a pair of hookers by now. Happy to hear he's still alive and talking about bikes. He brought me down to ride some of the west texas trails which were a blast.