Quantcast

What happened to Canfield Bros?

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
There is some changes to the website, and name Just Canfield Bikes now. Chris is only mentioned in the bio as part of the beginning. But not on staff.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
There is some changes to the website, and name Just Canfield Bikes now. Chris is only mentioned in the bio as part of the beginning. But not on staff.
reminds me of superco. There was a page that was written by terry on the history of brooklyn and superco, then she left and it was re-written in the first person, rather than third.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
even BRAIN picked it up

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I wish them both the best. Seems like Lance has a genuine passion for keeping the bikes alive, so hopefully he can resurrect and keep things on trend a little more, however that is. Maybe overseas carbon, maybe smaller locally sourced aluminum.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
even BRAIN picked it up

They still should have gone with my idea of "Canfield Brother" instead of this "Canfield Bikes" business

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh Canfield brother, where art thou?

The brotherly situation isn't looking great, the formula being a source of a dispute.
reading between the lines (my own interpretation): Lance wants to make the company bigger, Chris wants to focus on licensing the suspension (perhaps to not have to deal with manufacturing/distribution headaches).

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
More cool shit being built is always good. GL canfield

Now more importantly are there any pics of their prototype dh bike that was raced at masters worlds? I remember a vital bike check of one it had a huge skull shape head tube gusset but i cant find it

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
More cool shit being built is always good. GL canfield

Now more importantly are there any pics of their prototype dh bike that was raced at masters worlds? I remember a vital bike check of one it had a huge skull shape head tube gusset but i cant find it
There is some pic of it on PB and tucked in the MTBR forums. It's a 200mm bike with the newer Canfield suspension. Takes either wheel size and a double crown.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
That one has the older iteration of the CBF layout. The newer one has shorter links in order to fulfill the idiotic mandate of hosting a water bottle inside the main triangle (because everyone at PB knows staying hydrated trumps suspension performance).

I'm betting on them using the new layout, as explained by Chris on this video:

Last edited:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
they should partner with GG on les crabonz
That would be pretty fun. But, alas, @jonKranked is correct, we’re 100% focused on our own production, as sales demand is still higher than our production capacity. It’s been going up consistently, and lead times are finally starting to come down (actually have Size 2 in stock right now). Capacity to make frames for other brands would still be a ways out, though.