Quantcast

What would you pay for Titanium Derailer Pulleys?

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
and no pictures?
:rofl:

Angry Metalsmith, you got me laughing on that one. Male penis bone! OMG! :rofl:

My ceramic insert in some of mine has cracked as well. I just figure that metal would last longer wear wise, would it not? Louder yes, but would not Ti pulleys last longer than plastic? I've got some plastic ones that look bad.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I would buy the ti pulleys if they came as a package deal with my rhinestone encrusted whale penis leather saddle.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Your ceramic insert in your male penis bone? Oh my!
NOoooo! I mean the ceramic thing inside the shimano derailer pulley. I have all sram now. But I was curious if aluminum or titanium pulleys would last longer than the cheaper plastic ones. The difference in price isn't a lot and they have sealed bearings and they weight within like 3 grams of each other thus I wondered what people would pay for them and would they buy them. I see them on Ebay. Just wondered. No one has answered the wear question yet so I guess I wont get my question answered. But if I posted a thread, "hey everyone, be super sarcastic," I'm sure everyone would be serious and answer my dang question!:mad:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I bet if you asked nicely you could score some whale penis bone at the Baltimore Aquarium. Or just sneak in late one night and help yourself. After all, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

For some NSFW laughs, do a google image search for "whale penis bone".

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Angrymetalsmith, ENOUGH of the whale penis bone jokes! Yer killing me ova hee-er! LOL

Well, I guess NO BODY wants metal pulleys! Ti OR aluminum.

Does ANYONE know if there is any benefit to metal alloy pulleys over plastic? Do they last longer "wear" wise? Okay, let me rephrase that...

Does ANYONE know if there is any benefit to metal alloy pulleys over plastic without throwing a whale penis bone in the answer?