Quantcast

What's up with EC taking out the little guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm sure the lessons have been learned. It's still good that everybody can keep a cool head about it and not have "bad blood" between the two of you.

Like i said, i didn't see it. I wasn't there. I know it can happen. Both sides of the story seem legit to me.

I barely know Mitch. I met him two weeks ago and talked to him for about 10 minutes on a shuttle drive. Seems pretty chill.

I don't know EC either, but seems like he has tons of respect from everybody. Seems chill too. Especially with responses here. I know that's hard to do when you're being attacked.

I'm sure there was a lesson learned on both sides.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i do think we need a thunderdome like event...two man enter, one man leave....though EC's long flowly west coast hair might be a disadvantage.

beesonutah

Chimp
Apr 23, 2006
There needs to be some clarification.
First for those of you that don't know me I'm Dave Beeson A Mid pack pro rider from Utah, and past Masters DH World Champ. I'm very good freinds with all of the parties involved and have spoken to Mitch's Dad and E.C. about the race. The reason for my post. First, alot of people think that I was the person that started this post. I'm not the person. Braaap, was a regional sponsored rider for G.T./Hyundia, back when I was running the teams for both Mongoose and G.T. And is also a close freind and sticking up for his freind mitch.He is a stand up guy and didn't think that it would turn into this. I have tryed to stay out of this mess and hate that my name was even involved. For the record you that sit in front of the computer all day and comment on what is none of your buisness, need to go ride your bikes more.
Second. I spoke to mitch's dad yesterday and while not happy about the outcome, I think he understands where it all came from. He knows that the pro class is alot harder than amature and expects hard racing. That being said he does not like to see his son go down that hard and was put off by it. He also said that Mitch still thinks that he can pull that move 10 out of 10 times. I ride with mitch alot and he has more talent that any rider I have seen. EVER. And I have seen most. That being said, I know the corner and have raced it. It is loose and fast, I have seen inside moves made there, but they are hard to pull. But it can be done. The Ropellato family seems to be alright with it all, they are a classy family. And know they have a bright future in front of them.
Third. I just got a call from E.C.( he thought I started the post) and he told me his side of the story. We must all remember that E.C. has been around for along time and is not a careless rider. Just the opposite he is the most teqnical and methodical rider I have ever seen. He also is always looking to help and promote the sport that we all love so much. He thought mitch was being reckless and tryed to teach him the way he was taught. And the only way knows how.He also stands behind his actions and knows that mitch will be a better smarter racer for having learned lessons. It just sucks he went down so hard. The metal fencing that mitch hit was placed in a bad spot by the organizer by accident. Donny always has safety in mind and does a great job. If the metal fence had not been there mitch would have just slide out of the crash and it would not have been as hard. Not saying then it would be O.K. just another point. E.C knows that it was questionable but wants everyone to see both sides of the story. Also it was not E.C. and Mitch fighting at the line. I was told that E.C waited for him and mitch rode up and said its all good. Then after the podium they went and sat under a tree and talked it out. True class by both riders. Really proffesional. The fighter was a drunk spectator and got into E.C. face and then the next day appoligized after hearing about the whole race.
The final side of this story is that two wrongs don't make a right, Both riders feel justified in there actions and respect each other ALOT. Mitch has a huge future in this sport and I know will do great things. E.C. has been one of the greatest riders we will ever see and is not fake at all. Be careful with your words people. The people in charge of the bike companys these guys ride for are listening and getting the wrong idea. Please be careful in what you say.
Last but not least. E.C. told me mitch could win World Cup races right now, and wouldn't be suprised to see him in the top 4 in D.S. at the Sea Otter. He hopes to work with mitch and help him improve as a smart racer. E.C. and the ropellato's are stand up people with great character. I'm proud all party's for how they handled everything after the race. And I'm proud to call all of them my freinds. Good job guys. Stay true to yourselves and the sport.
Beeson.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Very well put Beeson. Very well put.

If i had a first born, i'd name him after you. Since i don't, i'll have to name my third testicle after you.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
E.C waited for him and mitch rode up and said its all good. Then after the podium they went and sat under a tree and talked it out. True class by both riders. Really proffesional.

It's amazing and somewhat typical that the parties involved are fine and sorted out any alleged issues immediately, but the "internet community" is outraged.

Go ride your bikes

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm outraged. I'm outraged that i can't ride my bike because it's snowy out here. If i could ride, i wouldn't be on here.

I'm sure you're in the same boat davet.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I'm outraged. I'm outraged that i can't ride my bike because it's snowy out here. If i could ride, i wouldn't be on here.

I'm sure you're in the same boat davet.
I'm heading out for a ride in 10 minutes

na na

Old_Sckool

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
WOW!!

Weirdest thread in a while. I'm not gonna take sides one way or the other. Sounds like the parties that matter got it worked out.

That said. Had Mitch truly been SEVERELY injured (and it sounds like its lucky he wasn't), EC would be both criminally and civilly liable. And that is the simple truth, no matter the opinion of anyone on this forum. Something to think about next time dolling out "a lesson"

I'm not defending Mitch or EC. Mistakes were made on both sides. Seems like Mitch's was a error in judgment. But it sure looks like EC's was malicious, although I am absolutely positive it was not his intent to hurt Mitch. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same.

I'll I can say is, thank god Mitch is OK. Had he been severely injured, it could have only ended badly for all parties involved, E.C., Donny (for the placement of the banner), Mitch and our sport.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That said. Had Mitch truly been SEVERELY injured (and it sounds like its lucky he wasn't), EC would be both criminally and civilly liable. And that is the simple truth, no matter the opinion of anyone on this forum. Something to think about next time dolling out "a lesson"
Ever read the USA Cycling waiver?

I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, I
AM ASSUMING RISKS, AND AGREEING TO INDEMNIFY,
NOT TO SUE AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY THE ORGAN-
IZER OF THIS EVENT AND USA CYCLING, INC. (USAC), ITS
ASSOCIATIONS (THE UNITED STATES CYCLING FEDERA-
TION (USCF), NATIONAL OFF ROAD BICYCLE ASSOCIA-
TION (NORBA), NATIONAL COLLEGIATE CYCLING ASSOCI-
ATION (NCCA), U.S. PROFESSIONAL RACING ASSOCIA-
TION (USPRO), AND BMX ASSOCIATION (BMXA)), AND USA
CYCLING DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (USACDF), AND
THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUN-
TEERS, MEMBERS, CLUBS, SPONSORS, PROMOTERS
AND AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASEES”), AND
THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS. THIS
RELEASE IS A CONTRACT WITH LEGAL AND BINDING
CONSEQUENCES AND IT APPLIES TO ALL RACES AND
ACTIVITIES ENTERED AT THE EVENT, REGARDLESS
WHETHER OR NOT LISTED ABOVE. I HAVE READ IT CARE-
FULLY BEFORE SIGNING, AND I UNDERSTAND WHAT IT
MEANS AND WHAT I AM AGREEING TO BY SIGNING.

Old_Sckool

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
Ever read the USA Cycling waiver?
Ahh.....Yeah.

But you cannot sign away your right to sue. ESPECIALLY IN CALIFORNIA.

Big Bear shut down because of the cost to defend suits. NOT because they lost.

An attack with intent would not fall under protection of the waiver for E.C.

Donny might be OK, but it could easily be argued that a banner placed closely to the track was negligent and a jury could easily side with a defendant.

No trying to start a E-fight. I was pretty clear. Please explain to me HOW E.C. would not be liable, had Mitch been injured?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
WOW!!

Weirdest thread in a while. I'm not gonna take sides one way or the other. Sounds like the parties that matter got it worked out.

I'm not defending Mitch or EC. Mistakes were made on both sides. Seems like Mitch's was a error in judgment. But it sure looks like EC's was malicious, although I am absolutely positive it was not his intent to hurt Mitch. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same.

I'll I can say is, thank god Mitch is OK. Had he been severely injured, it could have only ended badly for all parties involved, E.C., Donny (for the placement of the banner), Mitch and our sport.
no one mentioned the legality until you did.
thanks for bringing this thread down smore

Status
Not open for further replies.