Quantcast

Wheels and Tires?

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I've been mt biking since 2004 and have no clue on tires yet.:D

However I just picked up a set of Sun Ringle's Charger Pros. 1700 grams and the rim is basically an MTX 28 (I held up an old MTX 33 and its the same design just more narrow) that comes with a Stan's tubeless kit. Sun Ringle has used the Stan's bead for years since they are the ones who manufacture Stan's.

So they're pretty light and with a slightly narrower DH rim on there they are perfect for a 6" bike or light DH riding.

They also come with adapters for every front size, QR, 15mm and 20mm. I found that a very nice touch.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Stans front , older gen 823 rear If you can get it. On dt comp/ revo front/ back and Hope hubs they are a dh worthy wheelset around the 2000 mark. If you ride more xc and less dh swap the rear for another stans ztr and comp spokes since Stans rims are not stiff enough for revos.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Ditto on Norbar's comment. If mostly Trail riding with occasional DH, then the Stan's Flow's are nice. They can't hold up to serious DH though, so try to ride a little "light" on them. I like the 823's (UST) but if you don't want/neet UST then the 721's look good as well.

I've also heard good things about Velocity rims. Specifically the P35's
http://www.velocityusa.com/default.asp?contentID=725

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
sun single mtx29 is a good, strong, modestly heavy, and cheap rim

the EQ29 is a decent option as well, though a little lighter and a little less strong/stiff.