Quantcast

Where did you ride today?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Went DHing yesterday for the last time of the year at our local mountain. Lots of fun, tons of mud, a few close calls, and no epic crashes. Gotta say it was a good day...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
More XC today. Really starting to get a feel for the bike and tire especially. It fun to know you a reaching the limits of your front tire when it drifts in to turn :)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yesterday we shuttled the Mckenzie River Trail and it was titties! Perfect conditions and fall colors are everywhere. Went OTB once but landed on my feet AND I caught my bike before it hit the ground. Ah yea

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Yesterday we shuttled the Mckenzie River Trail and it was titties! Perfect conditions and fall colors are everywhere. Went OTB once but landed on my feet AND I caught my bike before it hit the ground. Ah yea
I love that trail. Going OTB on the lava rock would be a bad time, for you and the bike. The turns towards the end were pretty unforgetable. I need to go back soon.

Last edited:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Strava says you didn't do al of Farlow, as I would be mad if you didn't invite me to suffer up that road. ;)

That being said, I couldn't have gone anyway. :D
Hey Stizalker, ha, I did not do any of Farlow. When I was about to drop in on Daniel Ridge, there were two dudes there doing some endurance race and taking pictures of themselves for some checkpoint. I waited on Farlow for a while to let them bounce down that trail on their rigid 29ers, before I started. But that loop is awesome. I took Davidson River trail, then climbed up Cove Creek to 225, then dropped into the top of Daniel, and at the bottom, I climbed up again and did all of Butter. I love that place.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
your local races have way more awesome jumps than my local races. :(
really?
and people were complaining the jumps at this particular track were kinda boring. that particular jump at the finish line was kinda crappy. it had a lippy kicker, way too lippy for a 25-30mph jump.

here is a friend of mine getting kicked badly, during practice (notice he is not even close to reach the receiver, its a long, fast jump), the day before the race....

somehow, he managed to land into a nose wheelie, bounce hard and not crash.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Hey Stizalker, ha, I did not do any of Farlow. When I was about to drop in on Daniel Ridge, there were two dudes there doing some endurance race and taking pictures of themselves for some checkpoint. I waited on Farlow for a while to let them bounce down that trail on their rigid 29ers, before I started. But that loop is awesome. I took Davidson River trail, then climbed up Cove Creek to 225, then dropped into the top of Daniel, and at the bottom, I climbed up again and did all of Butter. I love that place.
My birthday ride was that first half of your ride, only I decided to climb Farlow as an out and back for almost an hour instead of turning down Daniel Ridge. Lameness...but still better than work.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Well, I cheated.......

Had a work meeting, the rah-rah-rah kind, and though I was off, since they had a raffle for a 46" TV and some Kindles, I went in with the wife (she had to work at 12 today anyway). After meeting, went to breakfast, then she took me to the top of Kingsbury Grade (for those out of the loop, one of the passes from Lake Tahoe). Though it was raining a bit, I rode down into the Carson Valley to home. Got a little wet, of course, and went slower than normal, yet still had a great time.

Did get a flat in the valley, so I guess that's my karma for not riding the whole distance from Tahoe and up Kbury......

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Rode flat, sandy MX & quad trails around the bottom of West Mountain at the base of the ADK's on my 'klunker' frankenbike - Azonic steelhead with tough SS gearing (38/16), slicks, 80" mm front fork and flats. Was tiring but fun. Right out of the door from my mom's haus.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Dumbo Butch left him helmet at home. Made small loop. Got passed by gorgeous girl at top of steep grade while pushing Dumbo bike. Talked with purty gurl. Rode back down slow like dumb, helmetless turd. Went home ashamed.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
To work, then couldn't find anywhere to lock my bike as suddenly lots more people had ridden to work because of transit outages.

Repack Rider

Monkey
Oct 8, 2007
Marin County, California
Went to Tamarancho, 9 miles of members only singletrack. Recent light rains had set up the trails perfectly, weather was about 70 degrees.

As you can see, we stopped for a photo on the Goldman trail. The "Alchemist" trail connects IRON Springs road to the GOLDman trail, hence the name.

goldman.jpg

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
My buddy explicitly told me not to post on the internet we we rode today.
I can tell you it was uphill both ways.

More importantly .. cool pics Banshee.

My goal this year was to ride at least once in each of the new england states.
I failed miserably .. 2 outta 6.
Must do better next year.

What's the best bet for good singletrack in Southern Maine?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
My buddy explicitly told me not to post on the internet we we rode today.
I can tell you it was uphill both ways.
Ooo, I had one of those out west. Best photos I have. Sure wish I could share them :(

Best bet for good singletrack in Southern Maine this time of year? Not many places are raked right now, so it's hard for me to say it's worth the drive. If you're planning for next year though, then the trails in Falmouth off from Hurricane Rd are the pretty rad. Stay 15 minutes away in Portland that night, get drunk in the Old Port, then ride Bradbury state park the next day. Both trail networks are laid out well enough that you don't need a guide, and the dirt is good.