Quantcast

where's the Bromont 2009 thread?!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
When's Schladming? Why isn't it now? I'm going to throw a strop unless I get some more WC coverage right now.

****ing slackers, they should race every day. Race for me bitch, race!

:D

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
WC overall ranking: 7 of the top 10, and 12 of the top 20 are on SPD's. It seemed to me, that the likes of Barel, Gee, Minnaar were in more control over the rocks and general rough stuff in Bromont over flat pedal society and I think it makes a difference on rough and open tracks, where you don't put your feet off pedals much... Anyway it works for Gwin for sure!

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I was really impressed with Remi Thirion's pace through the middle section for a guy on a rear flat. He didn't look much slower than the guys with air in their tires. The bottom section must have killed him though.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
WC overall ranking: 7 of the top 10, and 12 of the top 20 are on SPD's. It seemed to me, that the likes of Barel, Gee, Minnaar were in more control over the rocks and general rough stuff in Bromont over flat pedal society and I think it makes a difference on rough and open tracks, where you don't put your feet off pedals much... Anyway it works for Gwin for sure!
I saw quite a few of the flat pedal guys get bucked off and ride the top tube for a while. Even Sam Hill had a few wild rides like that.

I wonder though, was Matti on clips. Maybe that contributed to his inability to get away from his bike and land on his feet.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Had to miss 4x when it was on the other night, just caught it on FC. Mitch's semi (#2) was fantastic watching, best bit of 4x I remember :)

(his take out near the end looked pretty dirty though....)

Who's the girl going nuts in the commentary, sounds like rach I think, or is it Mitch's mum/sister/gf or something?

And lol at Ffionn almost binning it after the line :D

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
What's Gracia up to this year, he hasn't done any DH or 4x at all has he, or have I just been blind? And not on the commentary team either?

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
It was, but thank god that the UCI: A)doesn't know anything about 4X, NOTHING!, and B) there are never corner officials at any 4X race, national or world cups. Hell yeah Mitch! A good job to Haderer as well.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
So world cup finals is the last stop after worlds of course...was thinking how close it is (70 points between the 3 guys) but remember how 2003 was, only 9 points separated the top 3 guys going into finals if I remember correctly (Cedric, Rennie, Pascal).

Was also thinking about Kovarik this morning and how he has been on an Intense bike for 9 years and might make it a decade if he is on one next year. That has to be the longest duration for anyone to be on the same DH brand no?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
It was, but thank god that the UCI: A)doesn't know anything about 4X, NOTHING!, and B) there are never corner officials at any 4X race, national or world cups. Hell yeah Mitch! A good job to Haderer as well.
Salty . . . always complaining about something.

Pass looked fine to me, looked like they might have touched rear wheels but mitch never ran into him. curious if either of you watched the full live feed, when minnaar and graves both agree it was legit.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I was wondering if 4X would be any better if everyone (myself included) would stop bitching about 'dirty riding' etc...and just let it be a no holds barred slugfest?

Eh nevermind, nothing is going to make 4x better.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
Salty . . . always complaining about something.

Pass looked fine to me, looked like they might have touched rear wheels but mitch never ran into him. curious if either of you watched the full live feed, when minnaar and graves both agree it was legit.
I wasn't complaining, I was pointing out that it was a good thing that they do not pay attention or care about most contact. I'm stoked that the guy did so well and think it was the move that HAD to be made. USA! USA! And truthfully I've never been one to give a shyte what You, Minaar or Graves thinks. I did miss the live feed, but did see the race and played it back quite a bit. Contact was made from behind, which is not kosher by UCI standards in their rules. I agree that the no holds barred thing is a good idea, and that is how Mitch has decided to come onto the scene, hungry for the glory! We could argue about it all day, but Arguing about 4X will get you nowhere as proved on this forum many times. Sooooo.... funk you very much.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Was also thinking about Kovarik this morning and how he has been on an Intense bike for 9 years and might make it a decade if he is on one next year. That has to be the longest duration for anyone to be on the same DH brand no?
not DH, and not a decade but Tinker was also on some sort of Cannondale team for 9 yrs right? (94'-03')

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
so i hear. ive been meaning to email SkaTodd to find out fo sho.

there was no DS at Sol Vista right?
I think there was no DS at Sol Vista because USA Cycling chose not to make it a National Championship event, not because of insurance. I can't imagine not insuring DS as it is way safer than 4X but who knows USA Cycling hates us and doesn't seem to realize that we are there customers.

olddogbmxer

Monkey
Aug 9, 2007
USAC has moved towards 4X because DS is not ranked or recognized by UCI.
This year riders were able to qualify for the National Championships in 4X by
racing in either 4X or DS qualifying events.Not sure what the policy will be for 2010.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
USAC has moved towards 4X because DS is not ranked or recognized by UCI.
This year riders were able to qualify for the National Championships in 4X by
racing in either 4X or DS qualifying events.Not sure what the policy will be for 2010.
where the hell have you been old man??

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
He is fine and arrives in whistler today I believe. I will be updating Intense with copious amounts of Palmer content from whistler.
I think you'll find Palmer was on Intense long before Kovarik, and still is. Sure he had a bit of a rest in the middle, but c'mon....! :D

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
So he didn't get too messed up in his race run? Any details on what actually happened?

Glad it sounds like he will still be in the Winter Olympics.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I wasn't complaining, I was pointing out that it was a good thing that they do not pay attention or care about most contact. I'm stoked that the guy did so well and think it was the move that HAD to be made. USA! USA! And truthfully I've never been one to give a shyte what You, Minaar or Graves thinks. I did miss the live feed, but did see the race and played it back quite a bit. Contact was made from behind, which is not kosher by UCI standards in their rules. I agree that the no holds barred thing is a good idea, and that is how Mitch has decided to come onto the scene, hungry for the glory! We could argue about it all day, but Arguing about 4X will get you nowhere as proved on this forum many times. Sooooo.... funk you very much.
During the live feed you would have seen that the commissioners reviewed the move. While watching the live feed you did not know if Mitch moved on until you saw who was in the gate for the small final. So UCI did see what happened reviewed it and deemed it a clean pass and let Mitch move on to the final.