Quantcast

where's the Bromont 2009 thread?!

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Barel, Bryceland, Minnaar and Gwin all very impressive in the tech sections.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
It is WIDE open...less than 30 points between the top 3. Can't wait for the final round...oh, and worlds. Big thanks to Freecaster. Coverage and commentary were fantastic.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
And I think Sam and Greg are now tied with all time world cup wins at 10 a piece and that would have them tied for 3rd behind Peaty, Nico.

**Edit
I think Greg may have 11 total wins now...don't have info in front of me, on my phone.

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Hill is 1219, Minnaar 1210, Peat 1150 (according to the freecaster posting)

Peat will have to do well if he wants overall, 70 points is alot. Donno where Gee is.

Stoked, gwin is 9th!

Barel is 10th, which isn't bad for a guy who's missed 3/7 WC races...

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Right so this is the points before...

1 3 HILL Samuel AUS19850721 MER 1039
2 2 PEAT Steve GBR19740617 SCB 1035
3 1 MINNAAR Greg RSA19811113 SCB 973
4 4 ATHERTON Gee GBR19850226 ANC 931
5 5 HANNAH Michael AUS19831121 GTB 821
6 6 LEOV Justin NZL19841020 TRK 646
7 7 FAIRCLOUGH Brendan GBR19880110 MER 584
8 8 BLENKINSOP Samuel NZL19881028 YET 566
9 9 SMITH Steve CAN19891125 MSE 515
10 13 GWIN Aaron USA19871224 YET 505

Zebulon

Chimp
Feb 3, 2009
Cardiff
The FC feed was much better this week for me. I basically didn't have to refresh at all for the top 50 guys. Great racing again edge of my seat stuff

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
What a race!!! Fabien rock's!!!

Todd (or anyone) if you can get some info in Matti's crash will be awesome, I will try to phone him, but I'm sure you can contact someone in the team, the crash looked really weird, hope he hasn't injured again :(

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
Cesar, were you speaking to Ivan Oulego while he was in the hot seat??with a red t-shirt & sunglasses??
What a race!!! Fabien rock's!!!

Todd (or anyone) if you can get some info in Matti's crash will be awesome, I will try to phone him, but I'm sure you can contact someone in the team, the crash looked really weird, hope he hasn't injured again :(

hope Lehikoinen is ok also. that high-side crash was brutal. that section claimed a great deal of riders today.

a shame that Hill couldn't get it done today. i was expecting a sub 2:30 performance from him.

hats off to minaar, his run was flawless. but i was rooting for FAB at the end.

as usual, the commentating sucked big time, alot of useless banter and pointless laughing. if you want to advance the reputation of Downhill cycling, start by getting rid of Warner. I'm seriously dumber for having heard his BS drivel.

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
Cesar, were you speaking to Ivan Oulego while he was in the hot seat??with a red t-shirt & sunglasses??
Hehe unlucky wasn't me, couldn't go race this ones... :( I'm at home but I go Crankworxs next week, lucky me :D

Got news on Matti, broken collarbone :( big ****

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I don't think Freecaster feeds are watched by many people outside of the mtb community. If you want serious watch eurosport 2. So damn booooooring.

Still it's a bit strange Sam didn't win. He trained there a lot and it seemed like a track more for him than for Greg. That's why it's even bigger success for Greg.

Thanks for the news Cesar and that really sucks for Matti. If I was him I'd be getting a serious paranoia right now with the number of mechanicals and injuries. He looked like a potential candidate for a WC overall win after his best season but the injuries must take a toll his confidence (apart from other factors).

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
heehe yes lucky you....what a pity about Matti....seems as if the poor guy is under a curse...

Hehe unlucky wasn't me, couldn't go race this ones... :( I'm at home but I go Crankworxs next week, lucky me :D

Got news on Matti, broken collarbone :( big ****

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't think Freecaster feeds are watched by many people outside of the mtb community. If you want serious watch eurosport 2. So damn booooooring.

Still it's a bit strange Sam didn't win. He trained there a lot and it seemed like a track more for him than for Greg. That's why it's even bigger success for Greg.

Thanks for the news Cesar and that really sucks for Matti. If I was him I'd be getting a serious paranoia right now with the number of mechanicals and injuries. He looked like a potential candidate for a WC overall win after his best season but the injuries must take a toll his confidence (apart from other factors).
I don't feel bad for Sam as he only took 6 practice runs all weekend.

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
I'm stoked for Greg! He is a super cool guy (How anyone could hate him (seb) puzzles me) and just had a great day, he won a world cup and my downhill camp with him at Northstar sold out this morning. Now if Mitch can kick some ass in 4X it will be an even better day.

Peddler

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
Auburn, CA
I spoke to Mitch's dad he qualified 14th and is feeling good racing in the 7th heat. From what I have seen of track pictures it looks big with lots of jumps which I think would favor him. We shall see, still having to refresh freecaster very frustrating.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
That explains a lot. Was this his own choice or did he have some problems?
He did have a pretty bad cold and he has raced and trained on this mountain/course for almost 4 weeks now.

Every practice run was pretty damned pinned though.

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
I spoke to Mitch's dad he qualified 14th and is feeling good racing in the 7th heat. From what I have seen of track pictures it looks big with lots of jumps which I think would favor him. We shall see, still having to refresh freecaster very frustrating.
Hey thanks for the update, Mitch or his dad usually calls me but no call today. My connection is so slow (live in the mountains with only a poor cell signal) I will keep checking in for updates.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'm stoked for Greg! He is a super cool guy (How anyone could hate him (seb) puzzles me) and just had a great day, he won a world cup and my downhill camp with him at Northstar sold out this morning. Now if Mitch can kick some ass in 4X it will be an even better day.
I don't HATE him, I just, I dunno... I can't get excited about him. When he wins a race I always feel that I'd rather anyone else in the top 20 had got it instead. Can't put my finger on why, sorry!

Last edited:

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Mitch just took second in only his second World Cup! I am stoked for him. Way to go Mitch, they were talking about your cornering speed all night!

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Mitch's pass in the semis was mint. not to retatrt the EC/Mitch controversy from earlier in the year but he definitely showed a lot of control/class to stick that pass without cleaning the other guy out when he easily could have.

Haderer in 7th/8th too, sick!!