Quantcast

Whip Thread

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The eastcoast does the best DH whips. Ebbot, GR, and Chase and mr Seth Lolli all get them pretty much 90degrees. I think George is probally the whip king right now, I think it's in some Nema marketing materials where he is getting full on upside down. The key to good inverted moto whips is a hip.

Straight jumps are easy to get clicked on, whips are pretty much my only trick.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
So you start leaning like that on the takeoff for a super-whip? That's scary.

Good thing it is raining or I'd go dirt jumping tonight.

marra

Chimp
Apr 22, 2005
specialized_dh said:
heres a pic of me from our national series in january, im jumping straight ahead from the photographer
nice! beautiful place, where is it?

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
punkassean said:
I see more of an un-turndown/table hybrid but not really either and definitely not a whip.

Here's one I really like, it's Carlin at Ellwood. I like how the front wheel is below the rear and the bike is hipped perfectly to match the landing. The jump is a ~20° hip, SB peeps will recognize it.

I got a few more of Ellwood

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
There are moto-whips, tabletops, and kick-outs. All three are different. Here's a couple old photos of me on my Mountain Cycle San Andreas (yes, that is a bicycle) doing a moto whip, just like I do on my CRF 250r. Can you tell I grew up racing motocross?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
specialized_dh, that's a brilliant picture! nice whip/table :)

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Whips are rad, but I'm more partial to turndowns on BMX because there is so much variety to them. They're a lot harder than just a simple whip, and a lot more dangerous. Here's an older pic: