Quantcast

Who has the best bike

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
chicodude said:
OHHHHHH!!!

Where in the HELL did you get those whitewalls?

I NEED THOSE!
I get em thru one of my shops distributers... if you really want some, I can hook you up wich em. let me know

nato

Monkey
Dec 27, 2005
Chicago
7-8$ a tire i believe... they are 40psi cruiser tires... I fill em to 60. They do the job but if your looking for severe quality dont bother.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Mines the best :rofl:
Not bad at 25 lbs... new coalition seat to come and ive put some little krads on there for street stuff

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
if you go to some shimano hones or XT's on the STP you'll be amazed with the weight savings! I just swicth my diablous cranks for XT's and will never go back strong + light weight = very nice

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
ufdff15 said:
if you go to some shimano hones or XT's on the STP you'll be amazed with the weight savings! I just swicth my diablous cranks for XT's and will never go back strong + light weight = very nice
Yeah I know the diabolous are tanks but they were already beat up and came off my hardtail so i just threw them on there... not sure how much lighter I want to make it but I was considering putting my saint cranks off my dh bike on the stp for the winter :love:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
bansheefr said:
Yeah I know the diabolous are tanks but they were already beat up and came off my hardtail so i just threw them on there... not sure how much lighter I want to make it but I was considering putting my saint cranks off my dh bike on the stp for the winter :love:
I think they (saints and diab's) are the same weight and I can attest to the weight savings of the XTs. It's pretty amazing how light AND burly they are. I got them on my trailbike and they're money.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Just looked into it and i think the saints are 100grams or so lighter... but it gets all confusing with what is included as far as rings and bash and stuff. I had ran both the saints and diabolous on another bike before and it seemed to be noticeably heavier with the diabolous cranks.

DCRAC3R

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Washington STATE
bansheefr said:
Mines the best :rofl:
Not bad at 25 lbs... new coalition seat to come and ive put some little krads on there for street stuff

What gear are you running on the STP to make it single??
Also how do you like those forks, mine bent

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
oooh the MOB looks nice. I want an American BB, though.

What are the real differences between spanish (that is the BB on the MOB, right?) and american BBs?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
chuffer said:
oooh the MOB looks nice. I want an American BB, though.

What are the real differences between spanish (that is the BB on the MOB, right?) and american BBs?
American is bigger and uses cups rather than press-fit bearings. Here's a pic:

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
ParanoidAndroid said:
woah, another person with a Porter! Thought i was the only one there for a minute.. Lol Ill post some pix when i get some cranks on it :rofl:

I have a Porter as well....ok so its Eric Porters old DH bike, not a Porter frame. (The yellow SGS, as seen in Counterparts, yes the actual bike in that clip with the robot costume)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Bicyclist said:
I like mid. Bigger bearings, and Profile bearings at that.
I'm not heavy enough to need them. I don't think Profile Bearings are anything really special, they are just rebranded seals on xxx bearing. You can pay more than a set of profile cranks on really nice bearings. One day I will. :)

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
both mid and spanish are really popular right now. I couldn't see needing anything more that spanish though. I like that set up soooo much more that euro or american...

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I like mid, I guess for no reason other than they it's just an american sized bearings, without the cup. Spanish comes in a close second, but I have noticed Spanish bearins don't last that long.

Push fit BB, internal headset's, and intergrated seat clamps are the new dopest. My old 1992 Team Marin XC bike has an intergrated seat clamp. I like that it's made a comeback

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
DCRAC3R said:
What gear are you running on the STP to make it single??
Also how do you like those forks, mine bent
I'm running 38t front and 16t rear, w/ bmx chain and halflink... its a little on the tight side but its bearable, and i dont really care too much about wear on the drivetrain...

I like the fork alot i guess... ive been riding it for about a month and its super light. I havent really been too hard on it just dirtjumpin and some park.. how'd you bend yours?

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
sjcX3oldtown said:
man sam - i just got over a broken collar bone - and even i cant keep my MOB that clean - at least not the tires - you runing a 32 up front ? ill post pics of mine soon -

cleaned it at anthony's...he had soem pledge that worked wayy nicely...just spray it ont he rag so it doesnt mess up the rotors.

its a 26t up front.

and i just had jaw surgeyr, so i cnat even ride it.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
I don't know why, but I love mine...

Soon I'll be getting my handlebar (come on unrealcycles and UPS it's been more than 10 days... :( ), some nokian xxx's and a profile crankset with imperial sproket... Can't wait for it to be finished