Quantcast

Why has Acadian been so quiet lately...

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Threepointtwo said:
Wow, would my wife be jealous. Those shots show some of the details that really make that bike beautiful.

Enjoy!
yeah...so much detail and beautiful welds. Check out the nice touch on the dropouts!

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
i have a black one on the way soon i hope...where is it? lol and i must say that is absolutly beautiful :love: ....looks like i'll be spending a lot of time with her as well.......my gf is gonna be jealous

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Brian HCM#1 said:
+the faith,
reign,
and trance? or whatever the last one is called...

i dont see how this is that much of a vp though---it reminds me of an old schwinn rocket 88?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
sama1ter said:
+the faith,
reign,
and trance? or whatever the last one is called...

i dont see how this is that much of a vp though---it reminds me of an old schwinn rocket 88?
I guess Karpiel, Cortina & those older KHS DH bikes fall in a similar catagory.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Yeti DHer said:
Thats so sick luc... What's going on it?
Parts:
2005 WC Boxxer with E13 direct mount stem (once they are available)
Avid Juicy 7's
Middleburn cranks
Easton Cully pedals
E13 Guide and chainring
SRAM X.9 shifter pod
SRAM X.0 Derailleur
FSA BB
Easton EA70 low riser bars
SDG I-Beam system (need to get the right post size - got the wrong one)
721 rear wheel with DT hub that came with the bike
Old D3.1 front wheel with CK hub
ODI grips
Whatever tires I have lying around..
SRAM cassette and Chain
Hope seatpost clamp and barends

But will be trying out new parts as the summer progresses!! :thumb:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Kanter said:
So what are all the VP bikes out now?

Sunday
VPX
VP free

What else?
No, not even a little bit.

The Sunday is a dw-link frame, so are the 7 Point, MKIII, Azure, and Independent Fabrications Tungsten Electrode. The 2002-2004 Iron Horse Hollowpoints were also dw-link frames.

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Acadian said:
Frame + 5th with Steel spring + headset cups + seatcollar + rear axle

11.35lbs
Nice! Been waiting for that one to hit. With the Ti spring the frames are below 10.5. With the air shocks, the frames are in the 9s!

Dave

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
dw said:
Nice! Been waiting for that one to hit. With the Ti spring the frames are below 10.5. With the air shocks, the frames are in the 9s!

Dave
got a pic of one with an air shock on it?

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
acair422 said:
how did you get your frame so early?

hahaha why does everyone think no one will get their Sundays until mid-June? it's called 'knowing people in the bike industry'....most of the time.

Acadian without a Ti spring?!?! SOMEONE WRITE THAT DOWN!

Acadian - how/why do you afford (especially living in California!) to build up the nicest bike of the upcoming season with all of the trickest parts available only to ride it for one season? i'm sure you get plenty of parts for super cheap doing all of the work you do,but that is still a LOT of money. and you do it EVERY year! please let me in on your secret.

i check my PM's often ;)

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
dw said:

Dave
Wow, i think i've found next years frame.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
dw said:
No, not even a little bit.

The Sunday is a dw-link frame, so are the 7 Point, MKIII, Azure, and Independent Fabrications Tungsten Electrode. The 2002-2004 Iron Horse Hollowpoints were also dw-link frames.

Dave
well, he could have been generalizing, because a "virtual pivot" does exist with the DW link, but it's not a "VPP patent" bike obviously. He'd have to include a plethora of other bikes obviously, like FSRs, karpiel, cortina, world force VR-1 (haha! remember that one?)..etc.

In any case, the bike is pretty amazing. The Giant Reign/trance/faith also have some pretty impressive tube forming and work to make the dual-linkage design work right. Here's some pics I took of my friend's reign;

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Racer-X said:
Acadian - how/why do you afford (especially living in California!) to build up the nicest bike of the upcoming season with all of the trickest parts available only to ride it for one season? i'm sure you get plenty of parts for super cheap doing all of the work you do,but that is still a LOT of money. and you do it EVERY year! please let me in on your secret.
Priorities my friend...priorities. I don't spend on anyting else..I don't go out, I don't dess up to the latest fashion, I don't buy electronics, I don't even have a Television, Never had cable television ever and heck I don't have a bed, etc...

if it's not bike related...it can wait! :cool:

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Acadian said:
Priorities my friend...priorities. I don't spend on anyting else..I don't go out, I don't dess up to the latest fashion, I don't buy electronics, I don't even have a Television, Never had cable television ever and heck I don't have a bed, etc...

if it's not bike related...it can wait! :cool:

No need to lie...we all know you have a sugar Mama