Quantcast

World Champs 2024 - Andorra

Aug 7, 2024
It'll be interesting to see if Snowshoe gets back on the circuit or if Gwin makes a play for Windrock...I don't think Rock Creek is big enough to handle it, nor is there enough vertical for an appropriately long track...
I think snowshoe is built really well for a world cup. XC world champs are there this year.

Windrock could be a good fit, especially when Gwin gets the new lease land open. There's also plenty of room and unlike snowshoe, a decent town not far for support.

I agree completely about Rock Creek. Its funny you mention that. At last years world cup in snowshoe one of the shuttle bus drivers said he heard that it was going to move to "someplace in Hendersonville down in NC".

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I am too. seems all about balz to the walz speed. not much to differentiate based on talent or skillz.

could be a good track for Amaury I guess (even if he's said recently he doesn't enjoy that sort of thing, he does have a knack for winning on those sorts of courses - I'm thinking in particular about his first win on the old track in Les Gets). Will home-turf be an advantage for Minaar? Bruni is also pretty solid in these types of conditions. I see Dak as an outside favourite. His head is strong, and these conditions are probably not too far off what he grew up on?
This may also favor all the young guys who throw caution to the wind

@CarolinaCrawler people liked the old track. Not loved but there weren't as many complaints.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Thank you Brother. As you‘re usual,with the one sentence,you could have given Avy a bit more no?

As I have read above,was it not possible for Gwin to enter the World’s Seth? Avy is not sure?

If you are going to tell me no, I need more than a sentence. Best you come back stronger next time. Like speaking to me Brother.

Where does this way of interacting from you come from?

Avy
IMG_7761.gif

BROTHER!!!!!!

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I can't even watch the livestream on BBC Player. Fucking pedophiles!
T i z FTW

Unfortunately it's dropping out and still has the old knowsfuckall sound like he's constipated BBC commentator. Fuck knows how Tracy Moseley manages to sit next to the cunt and answer all his dumb AF questions. I'd have locked him in the toilet.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Great viewing experience here in the US on the backup Tiz feed with no sound and unable to expand the video beyond the small embedded player.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
IPlayer stream now available. Visuals perfect. Fuck me tho it needs a voice over commentary... Homer Simpson'd do a better job.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I just have the UCI logo and ambient sounds on the Tiz stream.

Update: UCI logo and ambient sounds was substantially better than this horrendous intro with a 1980s computer animation of a person riding a v brake and bar end equipped bike down a hill.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
the "show" has started for me... Tracy Mosely commenting is cool. But the video is super choppy. Might have to wait for the replay...

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I'd love to see him hang onto it. Gonna be a tall order.
Would defo be nice. I was hoping for an Amaury destruction run TBH. Still hope we're not just in for another boring company man Bruni winning run

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
What did Danny do towards the end of the track? Everyone else losing significant time on him through there.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Really happy to see Loris take it, but probably more bummed that Dak had the win in sight and threw it away. Loic's pace and crash, both insane.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yup. frikken stoked for Loris. no longer the bridesmaid! nice to see him maintain his faith in himself and stay up there despite not having the best past few seasons.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yup. frikken stoked for Loris. no longer the bridesmaid! nice to see him maintain his faith in himself and stay up there despite not having the best past few seasons.
Finn with the 1000 yard stare... He's clearly been going over in his mind where he lost that time...

Also, no champagne on the podium sucks.