Quantcast

World Champs 2024 - Andorra

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Well they found a play by play announcer worse than Ric.
How to make the exciting last rounds of a race sound boring as fuck.
Now, now, we are British and must keep calm and carry on. Steady now lads.
Either that or no tea, and the espresso machine must have been broken.

That was the first race I have watched on Tiz and the first full race since Redbull/Warner.

God I miss Rob.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

That was the first race I have watched on Tiz and the first full race since Redbull/Warner.

God I miss Rob.
I actually didn't mind them, background noise easy to ignore. Much much better than Sedric doing his manically incoherent rambling.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Maybe it was just tooearly in the morning for me, but it seemed like the announcers were talking blazingly fast while saying nothing at all…

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I actually didn't mind them, background noise easy to ignore. Much much better than Sedric doing his manically incoherent rambling.
I'm exactly the opposite. Basically I'm so used to Cedric's persona I've have been filtering out his chat for decades.
I was working while the race was on today so only really had queues from the commentary as to whether I'd look over at the screen or not. Fuck me. I ended up absolutely dumbfounded by almost every stupid comment that useless BBC twat made not to mention all his dumb questions to Tracy instead of actually commenting on what was happening. He's not new to this but somehow manages to still know literally fuck all about DH. FFS he couldn't even pronounce a good few riders names properly.
Tracy isn't a great commentator, but she's always been thoroughly professional and knows what she's talking about so would have worked well with a decent commentator leading

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I can't even watch the livestream on BBC Player. Fucking pedophiles!
T i z FTW

Unfortunately it's dropping out and still has the old knowsfuckall sound like he's constipated BBC commentator. Fuck knows how Tracy Moseley manages to sit next to the cunt and answer all his dumb AF questions. I'd have locked him in the toilet.
Gary,what do you mean pedophiles? Are they and I don’t know? Or you just talkin shit?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I only caught the last 10 or so riders, but I assume they made several references to "the war".
I caught 2 French guys and wasted my time I guess? Clicked on the link here and thought I found the right race. No,this track is wrong,they are all French and T Bow won.

Dont mind me,I’ll just move on now,sorry to bother.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I caught 2 French guys and wasted my time I guess? Clicked on the link here and thought I found the right race. No,this track is wrong,they are all French and T Bow won.

Dont mind me,I’ll just move on now,sorry to bother.

Avy

Are you a time traveler? That would explain a lot.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Great Race. Actually had some real highs and lows in that one. Awesome seeing Danny back up there. Held it for so long too.

Is the UCI actively trying to kill the sport? Every year they make watching the Champs a challenge and hassle. Fucks me why they sell the rights to it separately. They could at least always offer it on their Youtube channel without the geoblocking. We got it free over here in Oz on a public broadcaster but no replay option. By the sounds of the online chat half the world either had to pay for a new subscription or couldn't even figure out who to give money to.

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Congrats to Loris. Luck in his side. Hes for sure thrown away races, but today it was his turn.
Hart 4th on a shoestring budget. Unreal.
105pts for me today. Its all comin up Milhouse.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Congrats to Loris. Luck in his side. Hes for sure thrown away races, but today it was his turn.
Hart 4th on a shoestring budget. Unreal.
Wasn't luck, he performed better. Not crashing is a harder skill set than going fast.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Ha! Extra credit points for the Simpson's reference!

Since I'm here. Just watched the replay. The video coverage was really good if you ask me. And with all the replays, it was kind of more than enough. I did NOT listen. Cuz I just knew it wouldn't be good.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

God I miss Rob.
Please tell me they sounded like this-

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I didn't mind the announcer. He seemed pretty professional IMO. Almost sounded like dare I say a real professional sports broadcast.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not usually one to post crash footage, but this one looks awful. Anyone know who it is and how they're doing?

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
^^^ Wow, that's quite a horrible crash.

I thought it was great to see Greg giving the gold medal to Loris on the podium.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I'm not usually one to post crash footage, but this one looks awful. Anyone know who it is and how they're doing?
That was one of the junior girls I believe. I think she's doing ok but that was brutal

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
WynTV is up

Danny. OMG :banghead:
ps. what parody video were him n Wyn arguing about at 29:30 ?
"Damn Daniel" white kit post on insta?

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hopefully he's not too hard on himself. Seems like from all the podcasts and stuff I listen to, he is very hard on himself for coming close but not winning.

Bro is doing well. It'll come. Maybe this weekend?

Aug 7, 2024
Hopefully he's not too hard on himself. Seems like from all the podcasts and stuff I listen to, he is very hard on himself for coming close but not winning.

Bro is doing well. It'll come. Maybe this weekend?
His Instagram story on Saturday was "so tired of almost".

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
His Instagram story on Saturday was "so tired of almost".
I think seeing Vergier get his stripes has been pretty welcome for the field and hopefully a good sign for Dak. As Danny Hart said in the Wyn Tv review, he’s earned his stripes.

Dak seems to be finding the balance this year, some people have it click straight away, some wait years for the stars to align, whilst finding the right mix of speed and control. I think he has several fast years ahead of him

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
is it me or was wyn being kind of a dick in a bunch of his interviews?
I think he’s becoming a bit of a character version of himself (as many ‘content creators’ do). He knows that people like it when he pokes at people a little, and when he has inside jokes with racers, but it doesn’t seem quite as organic as it used to. Certainly the teasing and ribbing seems to be in relation to videos, rather than to actual shared experiences.

tbh I think he’s close to sacking off the racing and getting a spot in the commentary chair/team management. He's not at the pointy end of results anymore and I’m not sure how long GT will keep paying him to show up and make vlogs.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
I think seeing Vergier get his stripes has been pretty welcome for the field and hopefully a good sign for Dak. As Danny Hart said in the Wyn Tv review, he’s earned his stripes.

Dak seems to be finding the balance this year, some people have it click straight away, some wait years for the stars to align, whilst finding the right mix of speed and control. I think he has several fast years ahead of him
That has to be race #4 or 5 that Dak had in the bag before binning it. Some of the wrecks were pretty bad ( as in dumb), like that wash out on the little bridge last year.

Seems mental at this point, dude has plenty of speed but can't help but choke when it's on the line. Maybe have a chat with Vali to see how she fixed that issue.

Only another year until Asa is up there and it's just a race for second.... :rockout:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
That has to be race #4 or 5 that Dak had in the bag before binning it. Some of the wrecks were pretty bad ( as in dumb), like that wash out on the little bridge last year.

Seems mental at this point, dude has plenty of speed but can't help but choke when it's on the line. Maybe have a chat with Vali to see how she fixed that issue.

Only another year until Asa is up there and it's just a race for second.... :rockout:
asa vs jackson vs loic vs amaury vs (?) is gonna be sweet...