Quantcast

World Cup #1 - Maribor, Slovenia.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Well they are good. They are everywhere so it's an easy choice.
They sure are but as Hill is completely destroying everbody people get crazy and try anything to be as fast as him. Owning the same bike is surely the single one thing they get hung up on.

Lovely race, super exciting! I had to close down everything to stream better..

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Screw Obama, Hillary, & McCain - Warner/Gracia 08!! The best broadcasting duo ever formed!

-ska todd

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
So can anyone post a little summary of the race. Reading the 3 word posts commenting on the livefeed mean nothing to someone that can't see it, and is about the most frustrating thing around!

Come on, give us low tech'rs the goods!

ridenorcal

Chimp
Apr 28, 2008
Gnar-Cal
Sam Hill is just untouchable right now, he was already 2 seconds faster that the pace after the first rock garden. Josh Bryceland was looking quick until he took a nasty fall in that same rock section. With so many fast guys out there its definitely gonna be an interesting season.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
So can anyone post a little summary of the race. Reading the 3 word posts commenting on the livefeed mean nothing to someone that can't see it, and is about the most frustrating thing around!

Come on, give us low tech'rs the goods!
The whole thing didn't really live up until the last 10 riders. Something that also was very noticable from the commentators. They were really fun and took the piss out of every one on the track. Women? Fogetaboutit.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I speculate it's going to be closer this year. Barel and Minnaar on new bikes, some youngsters catching up, Camelini has the head for it for sure.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Bryceland was looking soo amped when he shot out of the gates, really styled it in the first jump, looked like he was enjoying it more than anybody out there!

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Thanks to all those involved in making this happen! And a big FU to WCSN for making it such a pain for those of us in the USA to watch.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Thanks to Freecaster, Transcend, Warner, Cedric and everybody involved. It was a great show!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Bryce may be gaining a lot because of his teammate ;) To bad he crashed as it would be interesting to see his time.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
http://www.dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/events/maribor-world-cup-final-results/dirt-1231433.html

Maribor World Cup Final Results
Posted on May 11, 2008 @ 4:34 PM

Elite Men:

1: Sam Hill 2:47.54
2: Julien Camellini 2:50.62
3: Steve Peat 2:51.85
4: Fabien Barel 2:52.11
5: Greg Minnaar 2:52.19
6: Gee Atherton 2:52.34
7: Chris Kovarik 2:52.52
8: Justin Leov 2:52.56
9: Brendan Fairclough 2:54.23
10: Andrew Neethling 2:55.49

Elite Women:
1: Sabrina Jonnier
2:Rachel Atherton
3:Emmeline Ragot

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
WHEN Sam goes down...it's gonna be a mess. Not wishing ill on anyone for sure, but he's so committed to his turns and fully focused on the end of the tough lines, that when the fit hits the shan it's going to be ugly. And sh*t DOES happen, it's just when...

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
trying to view results, uci isnt displaying them...

did peat get 2nd or 3rd? those results posted on the last page say he got 3rd.

edit: nevermind the podium pic says it all

AiR2k

Chimp
Jun 13, 2007
Finland
First WCup that I have watched live and I have to say, it was pretty damn good entertaiment. Technical difficulties (f5,f5,f5,f5,f5,f5) in the beginning of the broadcast got little to my nerves, but the race was awesome!

I think the main man commentating was drunk or otherwise pretty easy going guy. Hilarious stuff, one point he was flaming Lopez and Lopez got him back pretty good. Not to mention CG. LOL!

Thanks! :thumb:

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Yeah...and it's Lopes(pronounced like it's spelled), not Lopez. He's got spies and he'll send people to your house to have your tongue cut out if it's pronounced wrong.
:)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
wow...

fantastic coverage...no live coverage in the USA?
Thanks Bikemag stream, I am away from home...and the mrs' and I got to watch live on a crappy old dell, so sweet.

Is there a petition to sign to get Warner to be announcer for life?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
This Freecaster thing is such a good thing for this sport! It can only grow from here.
You have no idea how stoked i am to hear people were digging this. I have been putting this project together for 3 months with the crew at freecaster. They busted their asses (and budgets) to make it happen.

Email them, let them know you loved it. I am pushing for a bigger team to help alleviate some technical glitches we had this week.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
wow...

fantastic coverage...no live coverage in the USA?
Thanks Bikemag stream, I am away from home...and the mrs' and I got to watch live on a crappy old dell, so sweet.

Is there a petition to sign to get Warner to be announcer for life?
Oh don't worry, I've already started it as well as making sure we have them for every world cup this season. It's on.

I was in the van with Lopes, Warner and Matthias for about the first 45 men. I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. In fact, you probably heard me.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
does anyone know if bikemag.com plans on picking up the feed for the US for all the WC races?

AiR2k

Chimp
Jun 13, 2007
Finland
Yeah...and it's Lopes(pronounced like it's spelled), not Lopez. He's got spies and he'll send people to your house to have your tongue cut out if it's pronounced wrong.
:)
Sorry, I can't think straight, I'm too stoked! Of course it's Lopes (not Lopez, like "How Do I Reach These Kids")

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
is there any chance theres going to be a full replay option? i'm going to be at the world cup in andorra but i would love to be able to watch more of the course/all of the 4cross when i get back, rather then just 1 section when i'm there