Quantcast

World Cup #1 - Maribor, Slovenia.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I saw steve smith's run....did not crash it seems and I heard more than one person tell me (and on forums) that hes podium if he stays upright......anyone?

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
THANKS to everyone who made this webcast posible!! Superb coverage and commenting. So stoked! Can't wait untill next time. Tomorrow I'm off to shred my downhill bike and top it of with the premiere of Seasons from the Collective. Life ain't so bad :)

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Thanks... stayed up till 1:30am to watch, spent 20 mins trying to get ANY sort of feed and then went to bed to cry myself to sleep.

(not bitching - afterall... free coverage is free, just sad)
I ended up on the bikemag.com feed. I couldn't get freecaster to work direct for some reason.

My eyes are hanging out of my skull today. Got to bed at 3.15 and called work to say i'll be in at 10. So worth it though.

Josh B must be feeling it today. Poor guy. My first thoughts was that his season was over. Glad to see he got up.

Such a great event, thanks Fraser, Freecaster and fellow monkeys.

The circus has begun!

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Thanks Fraser, that was awesome to watch this morning. E-mails sent to bikemag and freecaster.

Let me know what shots you have of Sabrina when you get back, first World Cup win on Flow rims:thumb:

Didn't know if they were going to make it on time. Hubs arrived Monday, wheels shipped Tuesday (next day) to Slovenia and customs held them hostage. Gary somehow got them out though and it all worked out.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i have to comment on this again.

looks like his hand is in his wheel INTO the rotor!!!!!!
he got worked!

have to say good thread fraser

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
another observation was to get in the top 80 show was only 14 secs off the lead!

that is crazy!

schladming last year was 31, usa WC are like 1:00.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet

he got worked!

Can't even see the rotor, meaning spinnin away? I can't imagine his arm is through the wheel, gotta be just strummin the strings on the other side?
EITHER WAY...gnar pic. Crappy crash.
You know, the BMX vs MTX fight will rage on, but I really don't see any comparison AT ALL. Maybe on groomed, pretty, fast tracks, but not in TRUE Mountaincross. I like watching tracks like the one in Champery... def NOT BMX!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I still can't see the vid's...any other place to find them? Pinnedmtb and freecaster just melt when the action starts...I can't wait to see.
I do know that on my mac here at home, the recap videos that are up now, if I click play as on the vid as soon as it loads, it does not work.....if I wait till page is completely loaded, the vid will begin, so, maybe try that?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
could that hand in rotor deal be some course tape? because he has a grey 661 glove on, the hand that is on ground, but the other one that looks like going through rotor is more white????

SKYWAYBUZZ

Monkey
Mar 16, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA.
I still can't see the vid's...any other place to find them? Pinnedmtb and freecaster just melt when the action starts...I can't wait to see.
Do the Flash versions on MTBCUT

Copy and paste this into your browser:
http://www.mtbcut.net/bcplayer/maribor2008day1.htm
This will bring up a flash version.

I took the embed link on the right of the page then deleted everything outside of http: thru to .htm

I couldnt get anything to play at mtbcut tonight , yesterday was fine.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
could that hand in rotor deal be some course tape? because he has a grey 661 glove on, the hand that is on ground, but the other one that looks like going through rotor is more white????
Good look. Could it be the palm of his glove...which would be another color? :shocked: I hope not...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I do know that on my mac here at home, the recap videos that are up now, if I click play as on the vid as soon as it loads, it does not work.....if I wait till page is completely loaded, the vid will begin, so, maybe try that?
They are working on this at the office now. Combination player issue and simply too much traffic to stream. We have more bandwidth and servers on order for Andorra.

ferrit66

Chimp
Feb 26, 2007
Long Beach
fraser, such a great job! can't stop watching sams run especially with rob and cg on the mic. They made the whole thing. Hope you guys can keep this going.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007

he got worked!

we were looking at that earlier today and thinkin the same thing...that likes intense

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
JDD....
I noticed Kovarik in finish area with goggles with big huge SMITH "S" on strap, did the Dean goggles get stuck in customs?
my inventory got delayed from overseas... dammit.. i told him & the couple of other guys running my goggles to do what they can... but don't stress on running the goggs if it comes down to it. i know at the Worlds Test race he used a set of Oakleys w/ my strap on it... but wasn't able to at Maribor. it's no biggie until i get my stuff in hand. i'll make sure he's dialed for the next big race (well, the race after this coming weekend... since everythings due to be in port by the 13th... then depends on customs).

once everything's dialed, i'll shoot out a PR about the "official" start of Dean Optics, & my signing of Kovarik, etc etc.

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
it's a new UCI dumb decision. everyone (riders, teams, etc) are against it & i guess are gonna try & petition to have it returned to a 5 man podium... but we'll see what happens.
If thats true way to go to miff off the people who support you most, don't they ask these guys first, how are they going to get to the next level of professionalisim if they don't listen or work with the people who provide the entertainment:shocked:

Hope its only a hiccup, always seemed like a good idea to me, helps encourge and promote more people into doing well, goals to reach andSam may rub off on them, though he looks like he has the bull by the horns at the mo, sam at the top for some time I suspect, another Nico regin begins, or was that 06:monkeydance:

Panza

Chimp
Nov 30, 2005
Ohh yeah, almost forgot, one of the best comments of the day:

"Here comes Americas fastest woman!" -Rob Warner commenting on Duncan Riffle...
Thx a lot but I'm afraid I have to claim that sentence. Warner would never have said that - he's way too polite!

Great most of you guys liked our "work". Thanx from Warner too! He's sittin' in front of me, still being a little hung over.

Cheers,
Matthias

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Thanks heaps to the Freecaster guys (and anyone else showing the feed, MTBcut etc). F**kin awesome to be able to watch racing live on relatively high-quality video with great commentary from the other side of the world. Awesome job.

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 man podium always seemed a little unusual since 3 is the norm in most sports, though it is obviously a benefit to the sponsors getting your riders up there if they are in the top 5.

So what is the score with the live coverage then Fraser? Is the UCI providing the feed or is it done by the sites who are broadcasting it online? Seems to be lots of people doing the coverage, some with the same commentary (eg. Freecaster and MTBCut) and some with their own.