Quantcast

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
It was a good move on his part to pass up the Germany job. He'd have a hard time making a repeat performance from '06, and as is he's a fvcking national hero for last time 'round. Plus doesn't he live in CA now? Laguna Beach or something?
Yep. And is perfectly fluent in American too. No one can say they dont verstehst...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It was a good move on his part to pass up the Germany job. He'd have a hard time making a repeat performance from '06, and as is he's a fvcking national hero for last time 'round. Plus doesn't he live in CA now? Laguna Beach or something?
If he can get the Americans to pass like the German's, he has my vote. The more I think about it, he might be the perfect fit, too. The US needs a few good strikers. Pure finishers.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
If he can get the Americans to pass like the German's, he has my vote. The more I think about it, he might be the perfect fit, too. The US needs a few good strikers. Pure finishers.
Always in need, regardless of country.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Always in need, regardless of country.
I don't know, Germany seems to have at least 3 on the field at all times.

When you watch Brazil/Germany/Spain/Portugal/Argentina, you see 2 to 3 other guys in the box when one has the ball. Second chances are HUGE and we get so few.

The Americans make a lot of solo runs with little or no follows. If you aren't putting it in the top shelf, someone needs to be there for the put back. I think that would be a major change if Klinsmann took over.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The Americans make a lot of solo runs with little or no follows. If you aren't putting it in the top shelf, someone needs to be there for the put back. I think that would be a major change if Klinsmann took over.
Yeah, I hear you. I'm not sure what the US was thinking regarding structure. Their lone striker technique didn't work very well at all.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
This is my biggest complaint about the US team. They dont move the ball around enough.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I think Holland's in big trouble tomorrow. If they play like they did against Slovakia, Brazil is going to come right up the middle all match.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think Holland's in big trouble tomorrow. If they play like they did against Slovakia, Brazil is going to come right up the middle all match.
The keeper has done well all things considered. But yes, he is going to get a barrage of solid shots today.

Brazil still looks off and yet still get the job done. Brazil also has one of the top keepers in the world, so that helps.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Props to Japan.

The governor of Komano's native Wakayama prefecture told Japanese media on Friday he wanted to present Komano with the medal for his efforts in South Africa.

"We would like to present Komano with a medal for giving people such dreams and emotions," said Yoshinobu Nisaka Wakayama, who watched Japan's penalty shootout defeat by Paraguay at a public viewing area with Komano's mother.
For those who have forgotten:

conor

Monkey
Jan 19, 2009
Ireland
****in bull**** reffing, holland were seemingly immune from appropriate yellows, v bommel is such a wanker he gets away with that **** all the time at bayern, and robben is a diving little pansy i would have smacked him far before melo got the chance. brazil were knocked out by the ref.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
****in bull**** reffing, holland were seemingly immune from appropriate yellows, v bommel is such a wanker he gets away with that **** all the time at bayern, and robben is a diving little pansy i would have smacked him far before melo got the chance. brazil were knocked out by the ref.
Robben dives like Greg Louganis. Maicon, for example, stays on his feet all the time..:rofl:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Was a beaut header by Melo, must say. He was class at both ends of his body today. A trip to the favelas is in order for him I'd say.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Brazil beat themselves. If they had put the ball in the back of the net rather than foul, whine and flop, you wouldn't be so upset.