Quantcast

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
So is this 10 secs of video followed by 10 seconds of loading common?
Everyone will be getting the same. The problem is that freecaster can't upload it to their servers fast enough. hence why reloading your page isn't going to help, only cause further problems!

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Freecaster really needs to get this lagging video figured out. It was worth putting up with for the first few World Cups, but now it is annoying and a reason to not watch.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Doing the same for me, 5 seconds loading, 10 of vid. then repeat.
Same here...and I lost sleep for all that??
Like I said, I wouldn't mind paying some $$ to get quality feed.
Damn!! I give up. I'll take it out on a stupid flat turn on race practice today..urgh..

Go Pascal!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I have noticed, however, that once it finishes loading it starts again where it left off. So I'm guessing you won't miss out on anything in the meantime.

Meanwhile, don't F5 it and just surf elsewhere. Your speakers will let you know it's back on.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Ah this is interesting, I think they've changed it so we're not in realtime any more. So when it pauses you don't lose 20 seconds of footage, you just have to wait for it to carry on.

A good move, BUT it means that we're going to end up WAY behind, and we'll be sat here for 4 hours to get through the whole lot :P

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Ah this is interesting, I think they've changed it so we're not in realtime any more. So when it pauses you don't lose 20 seconds of footage, you just have to wait for it to carry on.

A good move, BUT it means that we're going to end up WAY behind, and we'll be sat here for 4 hours to get through the whole lot :P
It has always been that way for me. After awhile it does "fast forward" trying to catch up. Yesterday it decided to do it during quarter finals for me. Then it stopped loading and jumped forward to mens Semi finals.

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
the All Blacks(new zealand national rugby team) just edged out the Walabies(austrailian national rugby team) for the tri nations 2008. an omen for what is to come? so far my theory has worked well, at the canberra world cup greg smashed it and the Springboks(south african national rugby team) smashed the aussies with a record scoreline. hmmmm....

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
While I appreciate Freecasters coverage (and I really do), it's just too painfully slow with all the reloading. I'm disappointed. I'm not computer expert, so if it is out of their hands, it's too bad, I know they work hard to bring the live coverage. But I think I'll go out for a ride instead of wasting my morning watching this thing reloading every ten seconds.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Seems to have died for me properly now, nothing for the last 2-3 minutes :(

I bet some wanker in the press area has suddenly fired up youtube and killed their net connection :p

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I went to massive mag....and saw [NO VIDEO] and then heard something about a laptop. Now's it's loading again. Freecaster is still on the mountain/uci-nissan graphic...

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
In case people were wondering their is no award for being the first person to post someones race times here on the monkey.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
**** you dude, you're an asshole.
Well the feed has been dead for me for several minutes, and everyone else is having problems and talking about sacking it off, so I thought I'd try to inject some ****ing life into the thing. If you didn't want to know the results, don't look at a thread all about it where people are obviously going to post such things :)