Quantcast

World Series discussion thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Give both teams three months off and the Sox still dominate. They are definitely the better team.

However, start the WS the very next day after the ALCS and I bet it's a coin flip as to who wins.

I'd also like to see only one week between Championship games and the Superbowl.

The Superbowl needs to go away. A 60 minute game that takes 4 hours to play with some ghey assed half time show in a dome or a tropical location is not real football.

Conference championships are the pinnacle of the season for me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh, SNAP!

Not to derail too much, but I would like to see the system they talked about on ESPN for college football. Take all the conference champs and divide them up like the NCAA Final Four. Then break out the bowls as brackets. Higher paying sponsor, higher the contest.

Do a 4 week bowl championship playoff and be done with it. The teams that aren't in a conference get either lumped together, or divided by region depending on how many.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Oh, SNAP!

Not to derail too much, but I would like to see the system they talked about on ESPN for college football. Take all the conference champs and divide them up like the NCAA Final Four. Then break out the bowls as brackets. Higher paying sponsor, higher the contest.

Do a 4 week bowl championship playoff and be done with it. The teams that aren't in a conference get either lumped together, or divided by region depending on how many.

You have to remember those guys on the football team are students and more games because of a playoff could hurt their studies.;)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You have to remember those guys on the football team are students and more games because of a playoff could hurt their studies.;)
Neither Stanford, nor Notre Dame are making any playoffs anytime soon, so real students are protected.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I remember reading that Matt Leinart was taking 1 class during the fall semester of his final season at USC- ballroom dancing. I bet he was able to keep up with the coursework, regardless of how grueling the football season got.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I remember reading that Matt Leinart was taking 1 class during the fall semester of his final season at USC- ballroom dancing. I bet he was able to keep up with the coursework, regardless of how grueling the football season got.
I wonder if he took it pass/fail credit only?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
He'll be able to rely on that course as the baseline for when he's washed up ....just like Emmitt and Jerry...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I don't know why everyone is saying the World Series was boring. I thought it was simply fantastic. :D

Two titles in four years? WTF is going on here?
The only people who thought it was exciting were Red Sox fans. And most of them are too busy fellating that idiot Manny Ramirez to be able to tell if a series is exciting.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SO how were the streets around your Hotel ? I hope you went out and tried to wander over to Kenmore Sq.
I wasn't out too late...my hotel was in Cambridge. I was out until 9:30 or so and the city wsn't really that crowded at all. I think all the partying you see on the news was pretty much the Fenway area.

There were a bunch of people piled in my hotel lounge though watching the game.

I picked up a few Boston Globes. WOO HOO, 50 cent souvenir! :D

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Last night was pretty fun, hung out at the Cask N Flaggon(for those not native, you can see the sign for the CasknFlaggon over the left field Green Monster at fenway during the games). Here's a little video I took with my still camera during the last pitch:
Red Sox Win the World Series, from the Cask N Flaggon

Got out of the area pretty quickly with a lot of other fans as the destructive morons came stumbling in.

splat

Nam I am
Last night was pretty fun, hung out at the Cask N Flaggon(for those not native, you can see the sign for the CasknFlaggon over the left field Green Monster at fenway during the games). Here's a little video I took with my still camera during the last pitch:
Red Sox Win the World Series, from the Cask N Flaggon

Got out of the area pretty quickly with a lot of other fans as the destructive morons came stumbling in.

Sweet DR !

And IAB , My wife got me one ofthose T's too!