Quantcast

World Series discussion thread

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Interesting that they had Eric Byrnes from the Diamondbacks as a pre-game commentator. That woman leading the discussion was over-the-top funny (read: rude) with him. He's a good guy with much class.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
My wife is flipping back and forth between "Pushing Daisies" and "Americas Next Top Model"
...Im praying for cancer.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
That 'green monster' thing is odd.

If you catch a ball off the wall, is it an out?

(i don't watch red sox games)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
How do you not watch Pushing Daisies all the way through? It's brilliant, but too complex to be channel surfing.

DVR FTW.
I dont know. I dont like "shows" very much except maybe adult swim and The Office is funny occasionally. Thats why Im on RM right now.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This thread makes me very happy that Jenn is a rabid Sox fan.

We're watching the game in HD :)

Great first two innings for the Sox!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Everything that could go wrong defensively did...

hit, over the head of the future Hall of Famer shortstop, past the MVP leftfielder, fielded by the weaker arm center fielder :(

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
my stupid cable provider does not give me the big channels (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, etc...) in HD. Bastards. anyone have direct tv and HD, and is it worth switching?

Go SOX

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
my stupid cable provider does not give me the big channels (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, etc...) in HD. Bastards. anyone have direct tv and HD, and is it worth switching?

Go SOX
I have direcTV in HD, but here's the thing. You can only choose one of two boxes. An HD box or a DVR box. Since we have an HDtv, we went with the HD box, but I miss the DVR box I had w/ comcast and I got HD digital cable. But then, w/ cable you cant get all the NFL games. You really cant have it all.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
wow, painful game.

Not to take anything away from the ALCS champs, but everything is wrong with the Rockies. I really feel it's fair to question the long layoff.

ugh, another walk.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A shutout would have been nice. Meh, Josh Beckett can't be expected to completely shut down every team.

That was the best starting pitcher Colorado has to offer? This could be a fun (albeit short) series.