Quantcast

World Series discussion thread

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/10/27/a_circus_of_purple_and_black/?page=1

The fanatical devotion hasn't always been there. Before the Rockies' improbable late-season run, fans in Denver had drifted from the team.

There were several jubilant years after the Rockies were born in 1993 and Coors Field opened in 1995, when the expansion team played before wildly enthusiastic sellout crowds. But time went by, and after some long seasons in the cellar of the National League West, Denver had all but abandoned its Rockies; season ticket holders dwindled from a high of 34,000 in the years shortly after Coors Field opened to 14,000 this year.

One fan, taking an armload of jerseys to the counter, leveled his gaze when asked why he wanted so many. "This is our shot," he said. "The time is now, and you've got to climb on board."

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
The replay clearly showed the catcher's mit touching the runner's hip, THEN Manny touched home.

The Ump just wanted to make sure Yorvit still had the ball.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
What a great inning. 6-0, and it's not over yet. Fogg is gone. :banana:

I've got to admit, Manny was out. He got tagged on the hip on the way in.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That was an awesome hit by Dice K - I bet Fogg was breathing a sigh of relief when he stepped up... oops.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It's a little painful, but these kids did a great job getting to the WS.

The owners better step up and pay the money to keep this team together.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
The replay clearly showed the catcher's mit touching the runner's hip, THEN Manny touched home.

The Ump just wanted to make sure Yorvit still had the ball.
the ump made the right call, but he didn't know why he made the right call....he didn't think manny touched the plate (Fox just had an audio feed of him talking to Francona).

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
the ump made the right call, but he didn't know why he made the right call....he didn't think manny touched the plate (Fox just had an audio feed of him talking to Francona).
I'm only on the Rockies bandwagon.

Does anyone jump on the Umpire bandwagon?

The game sucks. Not cuz we're losing, but those guys had an amazing run, but they're clearly not enjoying the WORLD SERIES. I know there's no way to enjoy losing, just sayin'...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
We have a Halloween party to go to tomorrow night, and will be informing the hostess that if we cannot turn on the Sox game, we will be forced to go home early :p

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is a hell of a game! Somebody should tell those Boston rookies that they aren't supposed to be that good in the post season. :D

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
the Sox gave the rockies a glimmer of hope, then utterly squashed it. was an entertaining game for sure. cant wait for tom. night.

lets go SOX!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I've been rooting for Rockies just for Opie. I have now been in company with a cute blonde chick and called "clown" by her. I am not a Boston fan. Sorry Steve.
Thanks bro!

Was the "cute blonde chick" your daughter? How old is your kid?