Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Sunday - Are we hooking up in LA or just outside of it to carpool?
Need to know as Im tuning the bike and going Xmas shopping/movie and sushi tomorrow with the wife so Ill be able to check the post 1 maybe 2 times.
Depends on which way you're coming up. No worries though, just call me later or Sat.

Randy........where you gonna be at on this?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'll probably be coming from OC also. I'll have the Mada but its not very good for shuttling anything.

T, do you mind playing driver this trip? If so, we can plan from there and probably meet somewhere in OC.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
saturday morning cilao run ;) 9am meeting at the sport chalet off the angeles crest hwy exit (same street as going up to wilson, but head south instead of north, make a left at the T intersection and a littel bit up the road you can see the sport chalet on the south side of the road).

roll call
mandown
overtheedge
bullit21
kickstand

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
chilao has some climbing, but it isn't too bad. it starts with a long steady climb up a fireroad and there are a few steep sections that everybody hikes, though the aren't long at all. from the top it rolls up and down and is very flowy (you don't notice the ups) and then it points you down. you could do it on a hardtail. kickstand matt did it on his singlespeed hardtail. he didn't have the best luck with the ups, but he was fine on the downs (except for when his saddle broke... another story).

the loop takes about 2 hours. it is about 2/3 climbing an1/3 downhil. the downhill is so worth it. the drive is another half-hour past redbox (plus or minus a few minutes, i forgot). it will probably be damn cold. we will meet at the sport chalet and shuttle up. you do need an adventure pass to park. j's truck can hold 5-6 peeps. i got a pass (i don't think i left it in anybody's vehicle after the last W run), but not the best shuttle vehicle. luckily the pass can be moved to any other vehicle.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
it is more of an all-mountain than a dh, so the enduro might be a better call. it is a relatively smooth and buff run. however, i think you could go either way and be fine. i'm on the nicolai regardless.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
To the Chilao crew...
Sorry for leaving you guys waiting. For whatever reason I assume you were riding it Sunday. The post said Saturday but I totally missed it. I'm really really sorry holding you guys up! Hope the ride was fun.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
hey dude.. how was that compared to the regular Wilson run?
It wasn't nearly as long but really fun. Beginning was rocky and fun. Second part was flowing single track. Third was on a ridge that was steep and kinda loose with a bunch of kickers on the open parts (where we saw the lion). It then went to turned wooded swooping/off-camber single track (where we saw the bear). Bummer is it ends with a 500 foot paved climb and about 3 miles of riding down a road. The dirt portion was 6 miles and dropped about 3500 feet.

Overall it was awesome because it felt so remote. It felt like I was in WA or BC because it was so wooded. Bummer is the shuttle is long. We were lucky enough to have a drop off.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
You riding Sun with us??...it's been a looooooong time eh?
No doubt! Sorry I couldn't make it, my body was beat after CS and Tunnel on Sat. Riding with a cold kicks my ass. But cruise up again soon!

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
No doubt! Sorry I couldn't make it, my body was beat after CS and Tunnel on Sat. Riding with a cold kicks my ass. But cruise up again soon!
Hey...I/we hear ya. I was beat after yesterdays runs. Hadn't been on CS in a while. It rocks for sure!

Good ride guys-thanks!

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Yo Pavel, I called you to see if I could get Gordon's #. We spent quite some time roaming the hills of SB site seeing while searching for the CS drop off. We eventually found it with help of 2 ladies Bullcrew hit on.;)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
hahahaaaa.. nice going fellas.
yea, next time make sure to keep Gordon in the loop, he knows all the spots and shuttle routes up there.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yo Pavel, I called you to see if I could get Gordon's #. We spent quite some time roaming the hills of SB site seeing while searching for the CS drop off. We eventually found it with help of 2 ladies Bullcrew hit on.;)
He!! Abstrakt had the window down, shirt top open exposing his david haselhoff hair and neck chain before I even spotted them. :D

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Sunday ride peeps, 24th.

Im down anyone else, kids here and needs to be pushed off a huge drop to motivate. :D
Either that or Im selling his bike. :D :D
Which Sunday are you talking about? Why dont you bring the boy to SJT tomorrow morning and have Uncle Edgy show him a thing or two about pinning it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Which Sunday are you talking about? Why dont you bring the boy to SJT tomorrow morning and have Uncle Edgy show him a thing or two about pinning it.
Got 2 other little kids that I have to be around for the xmas day.
This Sunday is on though. Id love to have Eddy work with him, hed actually learn something VS just shut your brain down and drop it! :D Thats my answer to all things, get the brain to shut down and ride on instinct. Im still working on shutting my brain down! :D