Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'm taking a bud who's pretty new to this DH stuff. Not sure if Stunt would be the best place to pop his cherry...although it would be pretty damn fun to watch.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
FVCK. i may have another home-improvement weekend. i've got stuff to move out and stuff to be delivered. will know more tomorrow.

i gotta get some rides in soon. once feb hits, i'll only be able to ride every other saturday, though sunday rides will be open.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'll hit Sully with you.

Lets go up Sully and explore some of the singletrack running down to the valley from dirt Mulholland. Some of them are suppose to be pretty fun.
cool. lemmy find out when all my moving parts of the schedule settle down and we can work out a time.

btw - anyone have an XC-ish length stem i could borrow for a ride or two? i'm working on my hardtail and i wanna make it more pedal-friendly.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
cool. lemmy find out when all my moving parts of the schedule settle down and we can work out a time.

btw - anyone have an XC-ish length stem i could borrow for a ride or two? i'm working on my hardtail and i wanna make it more pedal-friendly.
What size stem you looking for? I have a 75mm 31.8 clamp you could borrow.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i think i mentioned earlier..
I have a 70mm Thomson, but it's 31.8
I also have a Titec XC stem that is about 110mm i think, that one's 25.4

you can borrow the Thomson and ultimately it's for sale, the XC stem you can have.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
as long as it is 1&1/8th, I can go 25.4 or 31.8. a 75mm stem would be good. i'm running 50mm now. i'm thinking of a layback and a longer stem and a tripple chainring setup on my hardtail. thanks nags.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
ooh, blender - i'll take the XC stem to compare it to nag's shorter stem (insert joke here). i may buy the thomson off you if i dig the feel of nags 75. or if you are interested, i have a 50mm 25.4 thomson and a 50mm/31.8 deity stem for trade.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
ooh, blender - i'll take the XC stem to compare it to nag's shorter stem (insert joke here). i may buy the thomson off you if i dig the feel of nags 75. or if you are interested, i have a 50mm 25.4 thomson and a 50mm/31.8 deity stem for trade.
yea.. we'll figure something out
now. you wanna come out to The Spot for a bit on Saturday. i'll bring the stem with... or we can meet up if you want it sooner. lemme know

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
what time at the spot? i've got furniture stuff going on all morning. i may be able to swing by in the afternoon.
bneall and i will probably be there morning to sometime in the afternoon.. i can't stay too late, i might bail out earlier than ben in that case i'll leave the stem with him.. give me a ring on Sat, i get decent reception up there.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
bneall and I will probably be at the whoops again on Sat.
a little digging, a little jumping

Stunt on Sunday morning?