Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
whats webb like these days, all neutered?
Still fun. We were there 2 weeks ago and met some of the trail builders. The place is still being maintained and a few of the booters have been built up nice. There is also a new line if you take the right side. The roller after the step up however is still almost vert. :plthumbsdown:

Oh, and would anybody be up for a possible SB run this Sat?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
who's down for going to the church of pedaling-a-bike this sunday? randy, i won't ask you since i know you've just taken the crank arms off and put moto-pegs on your frame :D

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
nothing scheduled yet. J$ is getting back to me. got a spot you wanna hit? we get enough bodies and we can do webb if J$ comes through with the shuttle-saurus and we have some drivers. not sure i can make a SJT day this week. pedaling would be dope.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Not really, my plan is to ride tomorrow and maybe if I have time to go again Sunday but its not for sure.
Post up whatever you plan on doing, I'll chime in if I can make it :thumb:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i can't pedal this weekend, i have DJ class again
bneall is pretty busy, so he may or may not be able to make it out.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
looks like Stunt is officially fuked

"On Thursday 2/14 CORBA met with the managing authorities for the Stunt
High Trail. The outcome of the meeting is not good for Mountain
Bikers. The trail will remain closed to Mountain Bike riders! "No
Bikes" signs will be installed and MRCA Rangers will patrol and issue tickets to anyone riding the trail! All UC Reserve land is closed to bikes due to its Reserve status. We may have been able to convince the MRT to open their part of the trail to bikes but it is such a small section of the upper trail that it would not have meant much. Other options such as a reroute around the reserve or a new trail in the area were also discussed. A reroute around the reserve will not work due to private property outside of the Reserve land and steep rugged terrain."

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
****, who let this joke into the thread :disgust1:

guess it is time to put up the tents, because the clowns have arrived :busted:
This thread went from an invitation to pedal our 40+ pounds bikes in the Santa Monica's to a thread about DH racing in the 909 and beyond.

Taylor and I are pedaling this weekend (as long as the rain isn't too bad) at Sycamore State Park, way up PCH. Some fireroad climbs with a killer singletrack descent.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Nags - thanks for bringing back the roots. i've noticed the change in the trend too. no complaints, just observation.

Sycamore sounds like fun. it it HT material?