Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Is that the chute that leads into the log jump?
Yes!
Back up the trails above and get a good run in with speed, use the rock ledge ontop to huck from and just send it! :D
I cleaned the jump the first time (its stupid easy) and then played a little twister to keep from getting impailed by a sharp log! Came in squirrley and was just too busy screwing around sliding the rear for fun and forgot to pay attention!

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i thought bully was gonna get an apendectomy from that log poking out, but he managed to pull the wango-tango outta his hat and he shimmy-shaked around it twice.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
definently reduce stem and put flats on! You will enjoy it more!
Have fun guys, Im out for a bit with relocation and all!
Remember if you move to Inglewood, you want to get red TLD jerseys. Blue if you decide Compton.

I actually enjoyed being clipped in and skiing the rear through the sand, but I also didn't try any north shorish log rides.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
definently reduce stem and put flats on! You will enjoy it more!
Have fun guys, Im out for a bit with relocation and all!
After getting a little more seat time on the bike, I think it would be fine climbing with a 66 and feel a little more stable on the steeps. Maybe an ATA....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Remember if you move to Inglewood, you want to get red TLD jerseys. Blue if you decide Compton.

I actually enjoyed being clipped in and skiing the rear through the sand, but I also didn't try any north shorish log rides.
If I move to west hollywood do I have to wear a rainbow and can I get one like Sam Hills! :D:D:D
Actually we arent sure where we are off too, possibly SD county, Corona, Anaheim area or even Boise! We are contemplating every aspect right now, wife would be happier in Idaho no ?'s asked!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Man, that means I have to get my crap tomorrow at the bike shop. I am going to need a heavier duty rear tire and DH tube. Two flats in two days, the single ply can't handle my super smooth riding style....or my fat a$$. At least my DHX got here yesterday.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Are we still on for tomorrow, fools? I don't feel like driving all the way there to not be able to ride....

Game time decision? Flip a coin?
Not good by looking at the route. They'll be all up in our business tomorrow.

I tried calling Summit but got the answering machine so I cant say for certain if they'll let us ride.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Well lookie here. Look who finally beat the mann and hit top podium spot.

Also looks like the boys cleaned up the Z class sweeping 2nd through 5th.

Good job fellers.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
great job to everyone in the podium. F-yeah!

btw - for those who are wondering, the hooks went in no problem. i flew through the air with the greatest of ease, just like a freak on the flying trapeze. if y'all have the stomach, i'll post pix up later. pm me if you want to see them.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
What is the roll call for Mammoth opening weekend? How many people does the Condo sleep? If we have too many for the condo I've got some other friends heading up and I could crash with them.

Nagaredama
Abstrakt
Kazlx
Blender
Bneall
OvertheEdge???
Mandown???
Edgy??

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
blender - I did a hook-suspension. I took four big-a$$ fish-hooks in the back and got lifted off the ground by them. it was fvcking unique and amazing.

nags - my schedule is looking if-y for opening mammoth, but it may be more likely than it used to be. i'll try to make an official decision soon.