Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Good weekend at Northstar. Very nice weather.

Trails are about the same as last year, with some of them getting cleaned up. Expect braking bumps.
We rode Fri/Sat/Sun and found ourselves going back to our old favorite, Boondocks.

I broke my bike trying to fix it the day we did photos, so I had to hit all this stuff on a squeaky rental.

Here are a few (large) images highlighting some of the more interesting features at the park. Blender: Fox shirt, bneall: other guy
dude. i was so pumped on that Gypsy stepdown, i totally forgot to put my goggles on :lol:

you're spot on about Boondocks.. at the end of the weekend it was once again THE sickest trail

Last edited:

Homey

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The O.C.
DH/DS in Santa Barbara this weekend. check out ridesb.com

My wife and I are leaving tomorrow in the RV. Should be a fun "local" event.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
define "local."
Within like an hour. I'm debating if I want to ride or not. The hand feels better, but still not stellar. My thumb is still black and blue. I think I should be good once the swelling goes down. That's what I get for not riding lately...hopefully a weekend at the star will bring the touch back...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
DM - good vids.

tgreathead - good ride on Saturday. can't believe we both flatted out and that POS Matthew was riding with 20 year old tires on it held up :P i'm glad i stomped that drop, even if i did come up short and pinch.

Stewart

Chimp
Jul 16, 2007
Hey DM,

If you dont mind a couple of out of towners joining you, we would be in for that, dont know the area we would be coming from Newport beach, if you PM me where to meet, we will be there, we have a truck so shuttling would not be a problem....,

Thanks

Stewart.....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Hey DM,

If you dont mind a couple of out of towners joining you, we would be in for that, dont know the area we would be coming from Newport beach, if you PM me where to meet, we will be there, we have a truck so shuttling would not be a problem....,

Thanks

Stewart.....
Everybody, give Stewart some love. He and his boy Cam are from the frozen North of Canada and they can pin it. I rode with them a few years ago at Laguna/Telonix, and then again in Whistler last year. My weekend looks busted for riding in the Newport area, and my shoulder isn't quite ready for the rough stuff.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
If Adam vouches for you, then chances are you're not a mass murderer. :)

I remember riding with you and your son when you guys were down last time. We have some tentative riding plans near you tomorrow. I'll PM ya.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
How was it today boys. Sorry I couldn't make it. Work definitely puts a cramp in my style some weekends. I should be free the rest of the month though.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
tgreathead - good ride on Saturday. can't believe we both flatted out and that POS Matthew was riding with 20 year old tires on it held up :P i'm glad i stomped that drop, even if i did come up short and pinch.
Definitely. Still trying to figure out what I flatted on, I'm assuming I pinched somewhere earlier since I blew out on a flat smooth section.
Matthew's bike was a classic! Nothing better than a pale dude with dreads on a 10 year old bright blue Trek :thumb: