Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I rolled around the corner just in time to see you guys driving away. I knew something was up when I stopped, I had a pinch flat in 3 places!! On a Maxxis DH tube!! That's what I get for running an XC tire so low, need to throw the Nevegal on the back again.

Any way, good ride. I was pretty stoked to climb everything on the BigHit, that was a first. My descent wasn't great though after the flat, all I had to replace it was a wimpy tube so I had to run higher pressure to avoid flatting again. The back kept washing out but oh well, still got a ride in :thumb:

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
as in for good? details...........
as t said, he killed it on the uphill...........but with all the exposed razor points in the canyon we all took it easy on the way back down.
I definitely have to say I wasn't thrilled with the condition of the trail coming back down, lots of places have lost their flow due to erosion. I suppose all it needs is time and more people riding it to pack it down.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
a bit late.. but please join in if you can

Sully -> Jedi run tomorrow morning at 9am, followed by a few top to bottom runs at the whoops.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I'll be at Fontucky...hopefully under some normal weather conditions.
They say the rain should end by Thurs. Hope they go with a course that requires very little pedaling otherwise..I'm bring the trail bike!:monkeydance:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
knapps was dozed, but apparently only partially
when i talked to w4s at Fontana, he said it was very much rideable.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I'll be at Fontucky...hopefully under some normal weather conditions.
They say the rain should end by Thurs. Hope they go with a course that requires very little pedaling otherwise..I'm bring the trail bike!:monkeydance:
good to hear. Sounds like you had a good time last race
Ill bring the downtube decals for you. I'm getting My perm plate sat for winter series.