Quantcast

Yet another boring house building thread

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
AMEN!

nothing to look at any aside from the neighbor's house across the street and a priviacy fence.

welcome to the 'burbs
so what part of the country are you guys able to keep doing spec houses in of that size? And in comparison to our part of the country, what size square footage is that and how much will it go on the market for?

Just always interesting to see the difference in our markets. I'm gone from brokerage almost completely and moving to other lines of work. The high end developer I was working for let me go about 6 weeks in b/c of the slow down. So now I have a real estate license and a mortgage brokers license...kinda being an alcoholic working at the ABC store...:crazy:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
so what part of the country are you guys able to keep doing spec houses in of that size? And in comparison to our part of the country, what size square footage is that and how much will it go on the market for?

Just always interesting to see the difference in our markets. I'm gone from brokerage almost completely and moving to other lines of work. The high end developer I was working for let me go about 6 weeks in b/c of the slow down. So now I have a real estate license and a mortgage brokers license...kinda being an alcoholic working at the ABC store...:crazy:
that house is in the Shreveport, La area & listed at $201,300 and is 1624_heated_SF ($124/sf).

Probably will be on the market less than 60 days.

I have 5 more lots to build out and starting another this week

Our market has slowed a little but still robust.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
its not a teal but a blue/gray. looks great.

Nothing against the windows... unless u mean the shutters.

Nothing on the interior

It's actually a warm gray..........definately not teal.......just gray........very cosmopolitin.

I worked on the interior this time and it turned out really good......especially the mosaic tile backsplash. Pix don't do it justice.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
that looks really nice. the only quibble is the gym shower tile motif for the backsplash. reminds me of athlete's foot.
think retro mid century modern and you'll be fine.

I like it because looks like a pixelated version of the granite on the countertop.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
here is a 'not quite finished' pic of the fireplace...

it's a glass enclosed gas unit w/logs (not installed yet) that starts with a flick of a light switch..

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
...i've built enough copies of your bland dream home in the past. been there, done that, get over it.

I actually would've gone with copper or stainless steel, but than again I would never use an electric range either.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
closed on that spec house today.. finally..

about 1 month left on a custom build right across the street.

going to avoid spec homes for a few months and focus on custom builds. our local market has appreciate. i had the house i just sold appraised back at the beginning of the year and it appraised at $203,000, but the VA appraised it at $215K last week.

:)

i need to post up a few more recent pix.. over the summer after the Parade-o-Homes, we painted the trim beige and the shutters flat black.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's cool that you are still building the houses......but I can't imagine what some of the customers are thinking with their choices......

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It's cool that you are still building the houses......but I can't imagine what some of the customers are thinking with their choices......
this area has built half the number of homes vs this time last year 2007.. and that was roughly half of the number that were built in 2006.

Defiantly slower.. but still making sales. The custom market has picked up some. Construction financing is still available but we do have to go thru a few more hoops than before. Most sales are VA loans and FHA loans.. something we haven't seem much of in the last 7 years...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
i've sat on a spec for as long as 6 months before... not fun, still made $'s though.

i'd rather not do a spec until things stablize

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i've sat on a spec for as long as 6 months before... not fun, still made $'s though.

i'd rather not do a spec until things stablize
I figured specs were out. My brother in law is in the process of losing his 2 specs ($1.2M and $1.5M). The second one isn't even done because the sale of the first was supposed to help fund it.

Construction loans are all but done around here. Way over built.