Quantcast

<+> yo, it's thursday <+>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Third interview today. I just tried to be myself.

Still looking for a new tenant for the apartment in the basement. I required a lot of prepaid and security deposit which can be a bit of a show stopper but not crazy about lowering it.

Need a day off the bike.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Germany may be the leading edge of the ebike movement. This year, more than 50% of *all* bikes sold in Germany will likely be ebikes. In the mountain bike category, *already* last year 9/10 bikes sold were ebikes. Don’t fixate on Germany, though. These figures are ramping up similarly all around the world.

Still: in 2020 already one in every eight German families, or 5.1 million people, owned an e-bike, up from 4.3 million the previous year

I think that people who care about bikes should embrace this.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Some progress for me, three faulty senders in a week but this isn't a VDO, hurrah!
-5242714113171647993.jpg

And it turns out it's not faulty but somebody wired it ass about then double heatshrunk it so you couldn't tell until you fit it, yay!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Germany may be the leading edge of the ebike movement. This year, more than 50% of *all* bikes sold in Germany will likely be ebikes. In the mountain bike category, *already* last year 9/10 bikes sold were ebikes. Don’t fixate on Germany, though. These figures are ramping up similarly all around the world.

Still: in 2020 already one in every eight German families, or 5.1 million people, owned an e-bike, up from 4.3 million the previous year

I think that people who care about bikes should embrace this.
I saw a lady on an E commuter bike today and she was beating traffic and was punching up some decently steep roads, for that it makes sense.
If you leave the car at home and ride your E-MTB to the bush that makes sense, but I still think putting an E-bike on a car and driving somewhere to go for a ride is the most idiotic thing someone can do.

My usual riding buddy is about to give up on life and move on to an E-bike, so I will move on to riding solo.
Fuck E bikes, just do 'roids!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, cupcakes! I rode 20 miles on the road with the wife before work this morning. A very pleasant ride. It's weird how 50 degrees feels so much warmer than 45. Now I've basically got the day off from work. I've got a division meeting that is three hours long that requires an hour drive each way. So, there's my entire work day!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Up early to study. Two board meetings today, so not a really challenging day. Taking the kart down to the shop this afternoon.

If the kart is bent, one of the positives out of it is that we get the replacement setup right from day one. The owner of the shop is one of the best racers in the country and has been for decades. He is also known for his coaching and kart setup. It will allow Haley to get ahead with a "perfect" kart so that we can instead focus on her before she develops bad habits. No more spent making the used kart work and have old things waiting to break.

Still waiting to hear back from both insurance companies. State Farm is trying to figure out if the kart initially falls under home owner's or auto, which determines how my deductible(s) are charged before they start the subrogation process. The initial person I spoke with did because it was a car accident it would be seemingly like having a bike on the back of your car, but it's been escalated. If it's auto then I'll deal with it through them most likely and let State Farm go after the money. Traveler's still hasn't gotten back to me after we played phone tag a few times.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We have trails on a 1,000 acre conserved piece. If electric bicycles start to show up, the trails will probably be closed to two wheel traffic.
The premise of the way this issue is being handled and perceived is really dumb. It’s unnecessarily othering. eMTBs and normal mountain bikes can get on totally fine everywhere except somehow in the continental USA. Why could that be?

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The premise of the way this issue is being handled and perceived is really dumb. It’s unnecessarily othering. eMTBs and normal mountain bikes can get on totally fine everywhere except somehow in the continental USA. Why could that be?
Well around here shit is pretty flat, why does anyone need an ebike?

Now you have n00bs going faster, on heavier bikes - you know the folks who lack any sort of trail etiquette.

I'm fine with ebikes and majority of riding spots here in Ontario don't rule them out - as there are no rules generally. Its the wild wild west out there on the trails, as long as you don't have a motor (like a dirtbike). Theres also not a HUGE number of ebikers here, but they oddly seem to ride where its flat or even take them on the chair lift. :confused:

There are conflicts. They are different.

Same thing with horses. Get them the heck off the singletrack. :banghead:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Allergies vs low level vital respiratory thing are still making me all gunky and have low level HRV. do not like. Also do not like this gloom and rain

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
as i was getting in the car this morning, i kept having the feeling that i was forgetting something. once i was at the office, I realized it was my belt. thankfully i'm fat enough that I can manage without it, it's really just for show.

:homer:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
still raining. I should have ridden more before this weather moved in. :mad:
Glad I rode yesterday. It has been my intention to ride again today but it hasn't stopped raining since last evening. Fair amount of hail as well, which probably hasn't been great for the plants in the garden.

Oh well. Guess it's a guitar and video games sort of day instead.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
servicing the DH bike for saturday. no more rain in the forecast.

tires are gonna need replaced, and fork damper will need bled, but they are both functional enough for opening day.
Both need a fork and shock service, mine needs the pivots all taking apart and cleaning as one of them is creaking. I think brakes are good.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Here. Up early to study. Two board meetings today, so not a really challenging day. Taking the kart down to the shop this afternoon.

If the kart is bent, one of the positives out of it is that we get the replacement setup right from day one. The owner of the shop is one of the best racers in the country and has been for decades. He is also known for his coaching and kart setup. It will allow Haley to get ahead with a "perfect" kart so that we can instead focus on her before she develops bad habits. No more spent making the used kart work and have old things waiting to break.

Still waiting to hear back from both insurance companies. State Farm is trying to figure out if the kart initially falls under home owner's or auto, which determines how my deductible(s) are charged before they start the subrogation process. The initial person I spoke with did because it was a car accident it would be seemingly like having a bike on the back of your car, but it's been escalated. If it's auto then I'll deal with it through them most likely and let State Farm go after the money. Traveler's still hasn't gotten back to me after we played phone tag a few times.
Why are you making those calls? Don’t you have an insurance agent???

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ah, spent hours the other day assembling 7 slides for a presentation at work and was given a literal minute to cover all of them. I'm not even upset, more relieved that it didn't leave time for questions.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO