Quantcast

Your Full Suspension Cross Country Set-ups - let's See em

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Dammit...now I'm getting the itch!! And I know exactly what I'm going to get!! :sneaky:

Anyone want to buy a Trek 4500 and/or a Kona Dawg? :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Dammit...now I'm getting the itch!! And I know exactly what I'm going to get!! :sneaky:

Anyone want to buy a Trek 4500 and/or a Kona Dawg? :D
And that bike that you know you are going to get is????

Inquiring minds and curious monkeys want to know. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy>thanks! a couple days ago

MMcG > its bigger than my Kona (which seemed a little small for me) & no rides yet

Jackson>are u jeaolus of my color coordinating skills?? Actually, I bought the bike complete so that was IH choice for a saddle.

burnergirl

Chimp
Mar 27, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
Turner Burner

Mavic Crossmax Disk XL, Magura Marta SL Disk Brakes, Truvativ Stylo, XTR shifters, XT Fr. Derailleur, XTR Rear Derailleur, Fox Float 100 RLC, Fox FloatR ProPedal, Thomson seatpost/stem, Easton MonkeyLite Carbon SL, Shimano M959 Pedals, Only thing missing is the King Headset.
Wt 28 lbs. Dang! :confused:

Attachments

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
burnergirl said:
Turner Burner

Mavic Crossmax Disk XL, Magura Marta SL Disk Brakes, Truvativ Stylo, XTR shifters, XT Fr. Derailleur, XTR Rear Derailleur, Fox Float 100 RLC, Fox FloatR ProPedal, Thomson seatpost/stem, Easton MonkeyLite Carbon SL, Shimano M959 Pedals, Only thing missing is the King Headset.
:thumb: Nice! How is that thing 28 lbs. though? I would have guessed closer to 25. :confused:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Unless he lives in Europe it is. That is the non-US color 2003 S-Works model. I had one of those as a replacement for my cracked 2001 Pro. I really liked that red color with the pearl white reflective graphics.

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
genpowell71 said:
Is that Enduro a factory replacement?
wow, Haven't looked at this thred since I posted the picture, yes, It is a crash replacement. It was about 3 or 4 months old when I bought it off of mtbr. The guy had crahed his frame, and gotten this one. I had been looking everywhere looking to find an xl, and as soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one.

BigJay

Chimp
Aug 11, 2004
Montreal, Qc, Canada
color Deep Blue
size 18"
fork Fox FRL, 100mm travel
shock Fox Float RP3
derailleur Front: Shimano XT Rear: SRAM X.9
shifters SRAM X.9
cassette Shimano XT 11-34T, 9 speed
cranks Race Face Deus LP X-Type 22/32/44
handlebar Race Face Deus XC low rise
stem Race Face Deus XC
headset FSA Orbit Z, ACB
brakes Hayes HFX-9 XC, hydraulic, 6" rotor
levers Hayes Carbon
saddle WTB Rocket V Stealth
seatpost Race Face Next SC Composite 350x30.9
rims Mavic CrossMax SL Disc
hubs Mavic CrossMax SL Disc
tires Hutchinson Bulldog UST, folding 26x2.1
spokes Mavic CrossMax SL
pedals Crank Brothers Candy SL

Weight: 26lbs

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT

weyless xp.

just got this thing together. built with alot of new/slightly used parts for around $1700. So far I'm very happy with it. I hope to be riding it alot more as soon as the snow melts.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
burnergirl said:
Turner Burner

Oh, that oughta be fun on Spider Loop...

Is your scale broken???

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
blue said:
I knew you'd give in.

:thumb:
well it took 3 rounds of talking my self into it then out of it before i finally decided to get a new frame. I actually got lucky and the guy had one in my size in stock at the moment i called. that's not happening with these, unless of course it's pink.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Toninator said:
well it took 3 rounds of talking my self into it then out of it before i finally decided to get a new frame. I actually got lucky and the guy had one in my size in stock at the moment i called. that's not happening with these, unless of course it's pink.
100 or 80 mm version? Al?