Quantcast

ƷƛƸ Friday GMT ƷƛƸ

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Interesting 'dings.

Good morning. Working today, then removing guide and installing NW ring on Evil, sourcing a tiny screw for a hub, continued waffling on listing my road bike for sale.

Stopped raining yesterday (!) but trails are soaked (!). Spent an hour or two last night looking at maps for a potential ski area this weekend. A few miles in for a big, steep face, then mellow few miles out. Hmm.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Kinda 1/2ish day as we have a quarterly 2.5 hour meeting. I'll have to brainstorm some things to daydream about as those things are hellaciously boring.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee. then short bus. After work grabbing the dogs and going out to fight Friday escape traffic on my way to the Sierra foothills where my wife is competing at a horse show ( she got there yesterday). I might make it there by 10pm.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Still in bed. I will remain here until the need to pee overwhelms the dogs or until caffeine withdrawal starts. As @Nick states, too wet to ride dirt. I really don't feel like running today, so maybe I'll take the hard tail out on the road. I know it's hard on the tires but it will keep me from killing someone.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 5 mile zombiejog at 5:30 this morning. I had to speak in front of 200 people at a meeting this morning, and it's amazing how easy and non-stressful the speaking is when all you can think about is having to poop.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Vacation over......... went to Reno yesterday, witnessed a horrible 2 motorcycle/2 car accident on 580 (really shook wife up), and bought a new car. Volvo was going to need $3000 minimum to fix engine, so we just traded it in. Going to miss it, yet going to love the new one.

Now, if I could only feel good about calling in sick to watch today's ladies' stage of AMGEN, but I think the wind is going to play a huge part of the stage.......

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Pinch flat on my ride home last night, due to a poorly time hop up a curb. Had no pump with me. good thing I was right in front of a Dick's sporting goods. wheeled the bike up to the third floor, changed the tube in the store. used their shop pump for airage. paid for an empty tube box on the way out. had a few beers with an old friend who is in town for biz, then connected with three other friends carousing the neighborhood and continued drinking on a front porch until midnight.

feelin a might poorly today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bouldered after putting the kid to bed. i really gotta find a more reliable belay partner. bar for wings and beers afterwards, thankfully not crowded. came home, more beer, shed, dishes, passed out on the couch.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WOOOOO happy Friday yall!

Ride last night was PRIME. The dirt was perfect, with just the right balance between a letting the tires slide a little bit and providing mondo-levels of grip.

I've ridden in that spot twice this week and both times I've seen a guy cruising around in full enderpo mode with goggles and half shell helmet. These are XC trails...

Also ran into a guy pretty much wearing one of these :twitch:;

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Heading for Chaco Canyon.
If you like that place, and have time, Bandelier is an amazing spot.

*Edit: and if you make it that far, you might as well go to Chimayo and eat at Rancho de Chimayo. :drool: The place is a New Mexican institution. I can remember eating there when I was my daughters age, and it had been around a long time then. I make an attempt to eat there anytime I'm in Northern NM. I know we have similar views on religion, but visit the sanctuary nearby if you're there. It's super close to the ranch. It has some pretty major cultural significance in the region.
Or, if time does not permit, Tecolote in Santa Fe. :drool:

Fuck, now I'm hungry.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I rode my bike in. Most of the dirt on the greenway was in good condition but there were a few big mud pits to navigate around. I'm still going to poke around Mountain Lion tomorrow, but will be ready to abort if the dirt indeed is sodden.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

There was an Open House (with open bar) at Puppet Labs last night. I was invited, so I went and it was way more awkward that I expected. First off, it's a Thursday after work from 5 to 9. So 90% of the folks are in business casual with a backpack. :rofl:

Second, total sausage party (shocking, I know). It was 20:1 easy and the handful of chicks there NOT employed at Puppet were what you would expect to see at an event for techies. 200+ awkward people being awkward together with bad 80's music too loud to talk over and not a chance to dance. A few good beers, but there was one bar open, 2 bar tenders and a 30 minute line. I am taking a bunch of Puppet classes for a new project, so I thought it would be interesting. I was expecting awkward, but it was awesomely awkward.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

There was an Open House (with open bar) at Puppet Labs last night. I was invited, so I went and it was way more awkward that I expected. First off, it's a Thursday after work from 5 to 9. So 90% of the folks are in business casual with a backpack. :rofl:

Second, total sausage party (shocking, I know). It was 20:1 easy and the handful of chicks there NOT employed at Puppet were what you would expect to see at an event for techies. 200+ awkward people being awkward together with bad 80's music too loud to talk over and not a chance to dance. A few good beers, but there was one bar open, 2 bar tenders and a 30 minute line. I am taking a bunch of Puppet classes for a new project, so I thought it would be interesting. I was expecting awkward, but it was awesomely awkward.
are you sure they weren't secretly taping an episode of "silicon valley"?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hello all. I rode my bike in. Most of the dirt on the greenway was in good condition but there were a few big mud pits to navigate around. I'm still going to poke around Mountain Lion tomorrow, but will be ready to abort if the dirt indeed is sodden.
I might poke around near me this afternoon on trails at ~8000ft, I'll let you know ground conditions.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Town contractor just ripped and rebuilt a sidewalk section in front of my house, apparently not giving a shit about grading for proper rainwater runoff. :rant:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
My wife thing decided to ruin our lives with alpacas. Shes been wanting an alpaca for a while. I finally caved and said ok, so she bought seven of the fucking things. At least they supposedly taste good so there is that. So the last two months have been all my spare time building corrals and shade structures from used building materials. Building the stuff has been fun though, power tools, beer and bong shed. My lady is getting pretty good with the nailgun with a baby on her back. Everything is old west themed, built the goats a little saloon and now they get in bar fights over alfalfa. We also named it alpacastan. At least i get to go ride my bike today.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
bouldered after putting the kid to bed. i really gotta find a more reliable belay partner. bar for wings and beers afterwards, thankfully not crowded. came home, more beer, shed, dishes, passed out on the couch.
Been working with one of my buddies to get him to pass the lead belay test. He keeps failing. I'm not too bummed though, taking the mandatory 15ft+ whipper every time I'm at the gym is pretty fun. And it's not on my rope so IDGAF.

In other news. What the fuck did I just watch...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Been working with one of my buddies to get him to pass the lead belay test. He keeps failing. I'm not too bummed though, taking the mandatory 15ft+ whipper every time I'm at the gym is pretty fun. And it's not on my rope so IDGAF.
i haven't been climbing consistently enough lately to be at the level to take the lead climbing course at my gym. our gym requires you to be able to climb every 5.9 route in the gym to take it, plus you have to have your own rope for lead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well that worked out, didn't bring a lunch but one of the meetings here had catered Indian food. Win.

Head phones are in, listening to a Tool playlist on youtubez. Time to do some actual work.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's still morning but I have decided to take 4 hours for lunch and hit the trails for 2 of them. Need to stop by the bike shop and get a proper XC helmet as the enderpo is too hot for me and, as @canadmos pointed out, they are all XC trails around these parts. Enjoy your frozen burritos IMA go riding.