Quantcast

\̅_̅/̷̚ʾ \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ Torsion free tues. GMT \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ \̅_̅/̷̚ʾ

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Truck tree a code, p0333, knock sensor fault. Most of the time it’s allegedly rodent damage to the harness, and I currently have a bit of a rodent issue so seems logical.

How does one diagnose the issue? Pulling nearly the entire top of the engine off, yay! $3500 dealership job, or I drink beer and handle it. Leaning toward the beer option.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Truck tree a code, p0333, knock sensor fault. Most of the time it’s allegedly rodent damage to the harness, and I currently have a bit of a rodent issue so seems logical.

How does one diagnose the issue? Pulling nearly the entire top of the engine off, yay! $3500 dealership job, or I drink beer and handle it. Leaning toward the beer option.
follow the sensor

most of those things are replaceable as individual pigtails that plug into the main harness

what truck? That's not usually an internal mount.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
follow the sensor

most of those things are replaceable as individual pigtails that plug into the main harness

what truck? That's not usually an internal mount.
The pigtail is a $30 part, but it’s under the intake with a connection right in the middle of the valley so you can swap it without removing the intake and all that’s entailed there, hence the crazy dealer labor cost.

Unlikely it’s the sensor itself, but that requires the head to be removed for access. Allegedly with the right bend on a wrench it can be done without removing the head, so if it comes down to it I have a torch and a wrench to sacrifice. Manual says pull the whole engine, car engineers are dumb.

1Gr-fe motor, thing has been pretty solid for 184k miles and if this is rat damage I guess I can’t fault Toyota for the failure just the serviceability issues. At least it runs basically fine so I can deal with it next weekend.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The pigtail is a $30 part, but it’s under the intake with a connection right in the middle of the valley so you can swap it without removing the intake and all that’s entailed there, hence the crazy dealer labor cost.

Unlikely it’s the sensor itself, but that requires the head to be removed for access. Allegedly with the right bend on a wrench it can be done without removing the head, so if it comes down to it I have a torch and a wrench to sacrifice. Manual says pull the whole engine, car engineers are dumb.

1Gr-fe motor, thing has been pretty solid for 184k miles and if this is rat damage I guess I can’t fault Toyota for the failure just the serviceability issues. At least it runs basically fine so I can deal with it next weekend.
that's the same motor I've got in a tacoma

Those are on top which is where my squirrels live. I'd just replace that and see if you can keep the code off. Cheap and worth a shot. No point in stressing until you know it's something further up the line IMO.

edit: oh right....... :rofl:

yotaknock.JPG

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ive come to the conclusion a re engined vanagon is the best option as far as a camper.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:banghead:

When someone asks you to look into something, so you do and give a recommendation to not do it because reasons A, B, C etc. Then they turn around and decide to do it anyways. And its not even an IT thing, its an HR thing. CRIKEY

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
More trails in the Jeep and getting better at fusion 360 while designing a torsion free subframe for the expedition truck habitat box.

View attachment 201434

in other news, corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast
I've spent far too much time reading and researching torsion free mounting for someone who will likely never need that knowledge.

Though keep us updated on the final design, I'd love to see where you land.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah was looking at riding lifts, as its a 7 hour drive from Bromont to where I'm going, so that'd make it a little easier to do.

Your description of Kanata sounds exactly like the trails around Bracebridge. You bust balls going up and down, there's no let up and a short ride feels like it was much longer. :rofl:

I've also read a few good things about Forest Lea, maybe that'll be an option, depending where I camp that night.

I'm going to be leaving Bromont Friday night and will try to make it to somewhere around Ottawa to sleep for the night. Then up early and continue driving on Saturday, stopping somewhere to ride for an hour or two.
Sounds like we are going to be crossing each other on the highway. Another option for you is Rigaud. Not a bad way to spend a few hours. They *might* be running the lifts on the Thanksgiving weekend...

I just got back from a lunch loop. 1.5 hour ride, glorious conditions (29°C - 84°F), only a few leaves down, but the colours were spectacular, and best of all was very few people out on the trail. perfect! missed a meeting, but no regrets. I can catch up later.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sounds like we are going to be crossing each other on the highway. Another option for you is Rigaud. Not a bad way to spend a few hours. They *might* be running the lifts on the Thanksgiving weekend...

I just got back from a lunch loop. 1.5 hour ride, glorious conditions (29°C - 84°F), only a few leaves down, but the colours were spectacular, and best of all was very few people out on the trail. perfect! missed a meeting, but no regrets. I can catch up later.
Oh yeah that spot, I remember driving past there a long time ago.

Sadly it looks like only the leaf eaters get to ride the lift. :(

:edit: not sadly, they have a vanlifer spot in their parking lot. Maybe thats where I'll spend the night...
:edit2: nope, they say they lock the gates nightly. Whats the point of having a "vanlifer spot" next to the parking lot then? :think:

I think I'm going to try to get to Calabogie. I added most of the trails behind the ski hill to trailforks today and it looks like I'll be able to get in a short loop with a nice big descent at the end, with some opportunity for some dicking around and hike a biking.

Attachments

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i ended up spending more on a matt rife ticket than a chappelle...
I paid $75 for Social D and bitched the whole time. She regrets not getting the Walla Walla tickets a few years back. I think it will be good, but I will never be comfortable with $200 concert tickets.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
B

and don’t EVER drive in easterm Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Western North Dakota, etc, if there is the slightest breeze…
Sprintering through those states ain't that fun either. You know, hands at noon and four. :think:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, a guy was coming but to give an estimate on the work in the front yard. He said "You want me to grab my guys and do it today?" Holy hell, 4 dudes showed up and knocked it out in 2 hours. Power tools, damn. It was $350, I gave each dude $20.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We can usually count on being booped out of bed once or twice a year for explosive diarrhea, but she goes out, blasts off, then it's back to bed. Last night's behavior was weird, it had me questioning whether there was something else wrong, either with her health or otherwise.
My dog acts weird when I get sick, and usually before I realize it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I paid $75 for Social D and bitched the whole time. She regrets not getting the Walla Walla tickets a few years back. I think it will be good, but I will never be comfortable with $200 concert tickets.
nose bleed seats were $75 when the OG misfits lineup rolled through a few years back. as cool as that would have been, i decided glenn can eat shit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and don’t EVER drive in easterm Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Western North Dakota, etc, if there is the slightest breeze…
younger brother had a vw vanagon westy in colorado....all the aerodynamics of a barn on wheels....

gotta lean into it...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... the other team kid showed up to K1 League night also wearing his FDM team shirt. Two podium leaders showing up with their team gear. :rofl::rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
recreating 1981 for a authentic experience.
Went to a show at the WaMu " theater" Sunday, which is little more than an empty high ceiling warehouse. Surprisingly the sound was top notch. A bunch of acoustic curtains in the right place does good work.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
nose bleed seats were $75 when the OG misfits lineup rolled through a few years back. as cool as that would have been, i decided glenn can eat shit.
This was at the Roseland, so I was upper deck. There isn't really a bad seat in that joint, but it's also small. Black Flag played at Revolution Hall for some reason.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Went to a show at the WaMu " theater" Sunday, which is little more than an empty high ceiling warehouse. Surprisingly the sound was top notch. A bunch of acoustic curtains in the right place does good work.
im happy i have not experienced a muddy sounding show in awhile...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
im happy i have not experienced a muddy sounding show in awhile...
There has been a bit of a revolution in sound reinforcement in the last few years. The new array systems are time aligned accurately, and self adjust in real time. We have lost some dynamic range and instrument imaging (most of the new systems are ‘basically’ mono beyond stage bleed). There has been an increase in compression to achieve some of this.
But the new systems sound absolutely amazing to 90% of the crowd, even in crappy venues. Bass has also gotten tighter and less ‘muddy’ through some technological advancements in cabinets and drivers.
[/ENDNERDTALK]

(And yes, you can thank Meyer Systems, and ultimately, the Grateful and Owsley)