Quantcast

€£¥ Monderp gmt ¥£€

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
So was an Alfa leased or not?
No, not yet. Not sure I want to lease where I don't have unlimited miles, and I'm not sure I understand all facets of leasing (like manufacturers purposefully inflating the residuals so that monthly payments are low, as in the julia). There are some heckin' buy deals though, to the tune of 0% APR, and 6K off MSRP.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Drilling in the garage and hit a power line. Power is out in the garage, office, and front of house. I had to turn off two other rooms that are on the same circuit, which somehow didn't flip. My drill isn't really working right, my hand wasn't working right for about 5 min and now is just numb/hurting, my heart feels like it hurts though. Debating going down to Urgent Care to have them check my heart rate/rhythm. @Toshi

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Drilling in the garage and hit a power line. Power is out in the garage, office, and front of house. I had to turn off two other rooms that are on the same circuit, which somehow didn't flip. My drill isn't really working right, my hand wasn't working right for about 5 min and now is just numb/hurting, my heart feels like it hurts though. Debating going down to Urgent Care to have them check my heart rate/rhythm. @Toshi
Do some more drilling with your other hand, preferably in your neighbor's garage that still has power. Symmetrical shock FTW.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
With your new Toolman moniker, that's very Tim from Home Improvement'esque

Hopefully nothing serious.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
With your new Toolman moniker, that's very Tim from Home Improvement'esque

Hopefully nothing serious.
It was waist high. I've never seen an electrical line run on a stud before, let alone waist high. More shoddy work from the prior owner.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm going to have an electrician come out to repair this and do a few other items. Still pretty fucking annoying though.
I once got popped by 480V after a color blind electrician mixed up a hot line and ground. That was fucking annoying. Got me right in the arm pit a few inches from my heart. Luckily I wasn't touching anything that was a good ground.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I like to wash the cars at night, since I get a wash per day with my subscription and the wash is all of 0.9 miles from my house. But apparently the word is out: I swung by the wash at 9:40 PM and there were still 2-3 car deep lines for the 3 automatic bays!

This is unacceptable since the top end wash is about a 6 minute runtime (yes, it's slow) so a 3 car wait could end up being 20 minutes what with idiots futzing with feeding the machine $1 bills.

I like to wash the cars at night, since I get a wash per day with my subscription and the wash is all of 0.9 miles from my house. But apparently the word is out: I swung by the wash at 9:40 PM and there were still 2-3 car deep lines for the 3 automatic bays!

This is unacceptable since the top end wash is about a 6 minute runtime (yes, it's slow) so a 3 car wait could end up being 20 minutes what with idiots futzing with feeding the machine $1 bills.
When the west hits the water wall it's really going to deserve it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

When the west hits the water wall it's really going to deserve it.
lol, my cars get a wash every couple of months. bucket of soapy water and a large sponge, spray off, then blow dry on the highway

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I don't think I've heard of a lease with unlimited miles. Can you project your use based on typical/5yr average use?
That's the whole thing, if I buy I get unlimited, if I lease, I'm stuck with 10k or maybe 12k. I estimate my use at 10k a year, but that makes road trips more difficult and cuts it kind of close. I think I can make 12k comfortably work, but it's always nice to have complete confidence rather than risk.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

lol, my cars get a wash every couple of months. bucket of soapy water and a large sponge, spray off, then blow dry on the highway
What is this "car wash" you are speaking of? :confused:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'd lease if I had a company picking up my auto expense, that way you're in a new vehicle every 30 months or so.
Otherwise yea, I usually own cars for a loooong time in order to make $$ sense.
The mileage restrictions were always the thing that stumped me... I'm pretty sure I've NEVER put less than 12K miles/year on a vehicle. :think: