Quantcast

◇◇○ tues gmt ○◇◇

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
g'morns and stuff.
Trying to really concentrate on my posture at work and am feeling the effects of sitting in a chair for 5 days a week for the past 6 months. Need to ask my ortho for a dr's note for a standing desk & may sit on a stability ball throughout the day.
Streamed a bit of the Dead last nite. good tunes & B's were a great way to wrap up a monday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
g'morns and stuff.
Trying to really concentrate on my posture at work and am feeling the effects of sitting in a chair for 5 days a week for the past 6 months. Need to ask my ortho for a dr's note for a standing desk & may sit on a stability ball throughout the day.
Streamed a bit of the Dead last nite. good tunes & B's were a great way to wrap up a monday.
what's the correct sitting posture for whackin' it?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Still looking, lots of companies still in the mix, but this is getting old (as am I). More than a little annoyed since I thought I had at least done well in my last interview, but got no word back. Was told I would hear either way, heard nothing. Decided to reach out, was told I would grt a call back that never came. It just seems really rude since I was told I would hear. Since I was lining up other interviews, I figured I would check the status of this, guess not.

And no word from Costco, WTF?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

Still looking, lots of companies still in the mix, but this is getting old (as am I). More than a little annoyed since I thought I had at least done well in my last interview, but got no word back. Was told I would hear either way, heard nothing. Decided to reach out, was told I would grt a call back that never came. It just seems really rude since I was told I would hear. Since I was lining up other interviews, I figured I would check the status of this, guess not.

And no word from Costco, WTF?
You're old and over-qualified. Have you considered straight-line contract/consulting? Go short term and fucking SQUEEZE the contract company to pay you a shitload of money.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The piece of shit elevator at work broke for the 3rd time since I broke my ankle a month ago. This time with me stuck in it. The building is 9 months old.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The piece of shit elevator at work broke for the 3rd time since I broke my ankle a month ago. This time with me stuck in it. The building is 9 months old.
i bet it was contracted out to the lowest bidder.

also, call HR and tell them this is ridiculous because you're uh disabled :D

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
i bet it was contracted out to the lowest bidder.

also, call HR and tell them this is ridiculous because you're uh disabled :D
Only reason I'm in the elevator at all, I'd take the stairs if I wasn't on crutches.

I will be complaining a great deal if I ever get out of here.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
you're *still* stuck?

order a pizza. DO IT.
I think he should give us the name of his building & we should all call & ask for facilities & let them know there is fkn emergency in teh elevator. maybe even call the local municipalities fire dept too/

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Only reason I'm in the elevator at all, I'd take the stairs if I wasn't on crutches.

I will be complaining a great deal if I ever get out of here.
you have your one free pass for dropping a deuce in the elevator right now. could be your last chance to have this pass.
Do it.
poop in there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think he should give us the name of his building & we should all call & ask for facilities & let them know there is fkn emergency in teh elevator. maybe even call the local municipalities fire dept too/
all i can picture right now is the Archer episode where they're all stuck in the elevator.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You're old and over-qualified. Have you considered straight-line contract/consulting? Go short term and fucking SQUEEZE the contract company to pay you a shitload of money.
This is what I will be looking at tomorrow. Not too short term with extensions. 6 months, then negotiate, wash, rinse, repeat. A friend talked about starting my own consultancy, I looked into that after the .com debacle but ended up in the Army. :rofl:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yes, still in the elevator. Service has been called but it's not yet clear when they'll show up.

I'd love to take a dump in here, except for the part where I'd be stuck sitting next to it. I think the move is to wait until they get the door open so that I can look them in the eyes while I do it, then slowly crutch away without saying anything.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I work on the 3rd floor, but the first is high bay shop space, so it's more like 4 flights of stairs to get up there.

The good news is that I have one leftover taco with me for a snack. The bad news is that I already had a couple cups of coffee and am starting to need to poop.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Kicking ass at the NYT crossword at least. Did yesterday's and today's so far, moving to last Wednesday now

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Yes, still in the elevator. Service has been called but it's not yet clear when they'll show up.

I'd love to take a dump in here, except for the part where I'd be stuck sitting next to it. I think the move is to wait until they get the door open so that I can look them in the eyes while I do it, then slowly crutch away without saying anything.
:rofl:
Bet that elevator malfunction would be addressed properly after that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I work on the 3rd floor, but the first is high bay shop space, so it's more like 4 flights of stairs to get up there.

The good news is that I have one leftover taco with me for a snack. The bad news is that I already had a couple cups of coffee and am starting to need to poop.
Elevator here got jammed as I was going to take a rather urgent dump. There were a few other people in the elevator with me. Luckily we were able to pry the fucking door open.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was done with today before it even began.

Forgot to put my beer in the fridge, too. But at least tonight I will NOT leave my wallet at work AGAIN. :banghead:

Pixel 2, I'm good for a bit.

Facilities guy just called me back, the elevator service gues should be here in 10-15 minutes. Supposedly.
Time to start pinching one out!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Time to start pinching one out!
Given that these fucking morons haven't been able to make a goddamn elevator work right in 9 months, I think assuming that them being here means that I'll get out soon is foolish.