Quantcast

☆▪︎¤the day after mary pushed him out day...sunday you cunts¤▪︎☆

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Damn Steve you are up early!

Brewing coffee and looking at the snow and trying to remember where all my cold weather riding gear is located.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Damn Steve you are up early!

Brewing coffee and looking at the snow and trying to remember where all my cold weather riding gear is located.
You don't, by any chance, ride the bike to the post office? :twitch:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Up at 3am. Why you ask? because Dialysis was closed on Saturday so the Saturday folks are going today and I got "Volunteered" to work. Today will go as 8 hours of accrued Vacation time so there is that.

Espresso and a fried egg sandwich then out the door I go

gonefirefightin

free wieners
perspectives.....

Living on the east slope I would get 4-6 feet of snow in a night, often not even plow since the jeep could manage with beadlocks and airing down the tires. power would often be down for a week or two but we always had plenty of fuel, a generator and plenty of firewood and food to last several weeks at a minimum. School busses still ran, stores were operating as normal and things were just "life goes on"

This is right meow out the back yard..

B4A254DF-3E2B-4174-92C6-BBE69F24BD13.jpeg

Here on the west side, Police are defunded, they call out state of emergency for forecasted snow that hasnt even fallen yet and when it does fall they absolutely lose their god damned mind. Stores are already shutting down or getting emptied, gas stations are shutting down or are already empty, highways are closing and cities and counties are telling people on social media to stay inside their homes. WTF is wrong with these people. I dont miss the minus 20 temps and blizzards but def is one extreme to another.

In other news, All of the beer @Nick sent with RMSS is gone and there are no left overs, seems everyone was happy for xmas 3 and 4. Dishes, trash and other chores are on the plate for today.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys

We got about 4" of white shit everywhere. Temps in the 20's for the next couple days, so it won't be going anywhere soon.

Tried to score some last minute snow tires for the wife's rig. The shop was 3 hours away. Half way there he called to tell me while he showed 6 in inventory, he couldn't find any of them. That was fun. Ordered some from Costco, should be here Wednesday.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well finally got my ass back on the mountain bike for the first ride post broken collarbone. Cold sunny day with frozen trails. Rode slow and only a little pain where the bone broke.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Xmas dinner went really well. I'm happy.
I cleaned up last night so nothing to do except coffee pie and figure out what is rubbing my car's front rotor.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
nothing going on and that's fine with me. really want to go for a ride but still kinda jacked up from slamming my body onto icy slopes for three days. we shall see.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Throwback to 2016 boxing day, first trip to Pisgah and we were doing this dumb stuff all day. One of those days we'll never forget.. :rofl:

Icy slushy wet mess on the ground. This weather sucks.
Same. Snow is virtually gone around here. Not sure of further north, but that's questionable as well.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Flying back to warmer, drier weather in Denver this afternoon if the COVID doesn’t take the crew.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Hello, all. Celebrated by crushing lobster, bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp, and salmon chowder at the parents house. Liked it so much we are heading back up today for more.

20211224_152343_copy_1008x477.jpg

Made monster cookies for our book and cookie exchange.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Coffee, finished cleaning, then kart (if open; website unclear). Parents gave me a very substantial gift of gift cards to our local track, so Haley and I can keep karting, instead of just Haley with me in a "supporting role". My helmet also showed up, so I get to give it a go too.

What's kind of cool is that we have an internal "recognition" program with really strong benefits - stuff but also large cash gift cards. One of my colleagues did a huge amount of work supporting me and our team (in addition to everything else she is normally supposed to do), so I organized a thank you campaign for her from our entire team, getting together comments and emails from clients, managers, etc., and getting up to VP level involved. At my level a "thank you" will send a $10 gift card; manager will boost to $25; Director up to $100; VP up to $500. So we put it a whole bunch and she ended up with a ~$2k bonus. She unexpectedly sent me a gift card for Amazon, which largely paid for my new helmet, since she knows we go so often and I was spending basically all my allotted money on Haley's races.

My Dad got a new Makita drill/driver set, but has been using his 20+ year old bit set with it, so I decided to get him something that is less likely to detonate on him when using the driver. Got three huge sets with square, allen, flat, Phillips, and torx heads of all sizes in addition to two full sets to drill bits, and extensions. He was a bit blown away, which is awesome.

Xmas dinner went really well. I'm happy.
I cleaned up last night so nothing to do except coffee
Did most of this last night, less one dishwasher cycle that I just started. We have a rule that whomever cooks, doesn't clean (at least not the bulk).

gonefirefightin

free wieners
River dropped about a foot over night, Calms my nerves a bit, still a ton of debris moving around but not as bad. Still a pretty good collection of logs at the top of the island.

Hero 10 is killing it with zero ND and basic settings out of the camera, been pretty impressed with it thus far. Would go as far to say it is by far the best image out of an action camera to date. Pretty sure I have its parameter maxed and figured out, will start applying advanced techniques to improve upon it.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
River dropped about a foot over night, Calms my nerves a bit, still a ton of debris moving around but not as bad. Still a pretty good collection of logs at the top of the island.

Hero 10 is killing it with zero ND and basic settings out of the camera, been pretty impressed with it thus far. Would go as far to say it is by far the best image out of an action camera to date. Pretty sure I have its parameter maxed and figured out, will start applying advanced techniques to improve upon it.

Is this the Clackamas or Sandy river?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Temp +3°C at 6000', +1° at 9000'. We are in for a big dose of freezing rain. F***.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Chilling here in SE Wyoming. Ended up getting another 6" of snow last night and now the wind is setting in. Snow is starting to drift now... even the antelope are hunkered down. Not a good sign for the weather to come, IMO.

118423.jpeg

It’s what we say around here since Californians can’t seem to pronounce it
Hey I talk like a fool and enjoy it... why would you give up the Deschutes for the Willamette?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Chilling here in SE Wyoming. Ended up getting another 6" of snow last night and now the wind is setting in. Snow is starting to drift now... even the antelope are hunkered down. Not a good sign for the weather to come, IMO.

View attachment 169477

Hey I talk like a fool and enjoy it... why would you give up the Deschutes for the Willamette?
Done with gnar winters, currently looking for a place to build or buy in the SW desert or FL just for the winters.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
perspectives.....

Living on the east slope I would get 4-6 feet of snow in a night, often not even plow since the jeep could manage with beadlocks and airing down the tires. power would often be down for a week or two but we always had plenty of fuel, a generator and plenty of firewood and food to last several weeks at a minimum. School busses still ran, stores were operating as normal and things were just "life goes on"

This is right meow out the back yard..

View attachment 169465

Here on the west side, Police are defunded, they call out state of emergency for forecasted snow that hasnt even fallen yet and when it does fall they absolutely lose their god damned mind. Stores are already shutting down or getting emptied, gas stations are shutting down or are already empty, highways are closing and cities and counties are telling people on social media to stay inside their homes. WTF is wrong with these people. I dont miss the minus 20 temps and blizzards but def is one extreme to another.

In other news, All of the beer @Nick sent with RMSS is gone and there are no left overs, seems everyone was happy for xmas 3 and 4. Dishes, trash and other chores are on the plate for today.

The state of emergency has simply become a government tool to approve financial powers such as overtime approval for plow drivers and forcing different agencies to work together when operating like business as usual would be bad. It isn't necessarily a declaration that you have a state of emergency. Shitty winter weather is business as usual in a lot of places like you described. But look on the bright side, no one is on your lawn.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

The state of emergency has simply become a government tool to approve financial powers such as overtime approval for plow drivers and forcing different agencies to work together when operating like business as usual would be bad. It isn't necessarily a declaration that you have a state of emergency. Shitty winter weather is business as usual in a lot of places like you described. But look on the bright side, no one is on your lawn.
Around here it is a greedy grab spending spree habit rather than civil support by a long shot. Instead of actually buying plows or paying wages they coffer and squander funds due to poor fund management the rest of the year.